Problem with panel update F-117

FSX including FSX Steam version.

Problem with panel update F-117

Postby Mtnbiker29er » Wed May 29, 2019 4:17 pm

Hello, recently tried to update the panel from 'Lockheed F-117A Nighthawk Package for FSX and P3D4 - Update' but without success. The MFD displays do not display nor does the hud. I see when I hover around the panel with my mouse there are misaligned clickable switches but the ones I've found don't trigger anything. I replaced the panel folder as the instruction says and replaced the aircraft.cfg and the checklists. Ieven installed the optional gauges that I didn't have already to my main gauges folder. Do I have have to extract all the files within the subfolder of the panel folder? Thanks in advance.
Mtnbiker29er
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Problem with panel update F-117

Postby Hagar » Fri May 31, 2019 4:54 am

I tried this update in FSX & it doesn't work for me either. Perhaps I'm missing something. :think:

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
Member of the Fox Four Group
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby garymbuska » Fri May 31, 2019 11:05 am

Mtnbiker29er wrote:Hello, recently tried to update the panel from 'Lockheed F-117A Nighthawk Package for FSX and P3D4 - Update' but without success. The MFD displays do not display nor does the hud. I see when I hover around the panel with my mouse there are misaligned clickable switches but the ones I've found don't trigger anything. I replaced the panel folder as the instruction says and replaced the aircraft.cfg and the checklists. Ieven installed the optional gauges that I didn't have already to my main gauges folder. Do I have have to extract all the files within the subfolder of the panel folder? Thanks in advance.

Extracting gauges to the panel folder is not necessary. I do not have any gauges in any of my panel folders for any aircraft in my fleet and I have a descent size fleet.
How was you trying to update the panel ?

A common mistake that some people make is inside the panel cg file there is a line that reads INVISIBLE=0
There should be a line like that in every window you have
it means that the window defined will not be seen unless you call for it
A example would be the radio gauge that you pull up to change frequencies you could use SHFIFT+F2
If you change the 0 to a 1 than that window will always be seen something that in most cases you do not want
90% of the time the 1 is only used to always show the main panel I have seen a few exceptions where the panel you see is the Virtual Cockpit Main panel but not many.
where did you download the plane from perhaps i can see if it is editable
I use FSPANELSTUDIO which allows me to edit any panel I want to except for virtual panels
Gary M Buska
SYSTEM Specs ASUS P8Z68 V/GEN 3 mother board: INTELL I7 2600k 3.48 ghz Quad core CPU with Sandy bridge: 12 Gigs of 1800hz ram:
GTX 950 OVER CLOCKED: 2 Gigs Ram Windows 10 Home 64 bit Operating system. 750W Dedicated modular power supply. Two Internal 1TB hard drives 1 External 1TB 3.2 USB hard drive. SAITEK Cessna flight Yoke with throttles.
CH Rudder Peddles 27 inch Wide screen Monitor
garymbuska
Major
Major

Postby Mtnbiker29er » Fri May 31, 2019 6:55 pm

garymbuska wrote:
Mtnbiker29er wrote:Hello, recently tried to update the panel from 'Lockheed F-117A Nighthawk Package for FSX and P3D4 - Update' but without success. The MFD displays do not display nor does the hud. I see when I hover around the panel with my mouse there are misaligned clickable switches but the ones I've found don't trigger anything. I replaced the panel folder as the instruction says and replaced the aircraft.cfg and the checklists. Ieven installed the optional gauges that I didn't have already to my main gauges folder. Do I have have to extract all the files within the subfolder of the panel folder? Thanks in advance.

Extracting gauges to the panel folder is not necessary. I do not have any gauges in any of my panel folders for any aircraft in my fleet and I have a descent size fleet.
How was you trying to update the panel ?

A common mistake that some people make is inside the panel cg file there is a line that reads INVISIBLE=0
There should be a line like that in every window you have
it means that the window defined will not be seen unless you call for it
A example would be the radio gauge that you pull up to change frequencies you could use SHFIFT+F2
If you change the 0 to a 1 than that window will always be seen something that in most cases you do not want
90% of the time the 1 is only used to always show the main panel I have seen a few exceptions where the panel you see is the Virtual Cockpit Main panel but not many.
where did you download the plane from perhaps i can see if it is editable
I use FSPANELSTUDIO which allows me to edit any panel I want to except for virtual panels

Hi, well I only replaced the included panel folder from the download into my aircraft. There was a separate folder for gauges in which i installed to the main gauges folder in fsx. I was under the assumption that this would change the main vc panel as the photos indicated. However I will check the panel.cfg and add or change the values to every window. Thanks
The file name is 'Lockheed F-117A Nighthawk Package for FSX and P3D4 - Update' and the main f-117 aircraft file is 'Lockheed F-117A Nighthawk Package for FSX and P3D4'
Mtnbiker29er
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Hagar » Sat Jun 01, 2019 7:02 am

Mtnbiker29er wrote: The file name is 'Lockheed F-117A Nighthawk Package for FSX and P3D4 - Update' and the main f-117 aircraft file is 'Lockheed F-117A Nighthawk Package for FSX and P3D4'

These are the files in question --> https://simviation.com/1/search?submit=1&keywords=Lockheed+F-117A+Nighthawk+Package+for+FSX+and+P3D4&categoryId=

As I said earlier I've tried the update in FSX & it doesn't work for me either.

Note: The update is VC only with no 2D panel.
Last edited by Hagar on Sat Jun 01, 2019 7:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
Member of the Fox Four Group
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby pete » Sat Jun 01, 2019 7:53 am

I'll also check it out and if it doesn't work for me I'll de-list it. unfortunately I don't have the posters email.
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. – Leonardo da Vinci
pete
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mtnbiker29er » Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:20 am

pete wrote:I'll also check it out and if it doesn't work for me I'll de-list it. unfortunately I don't have the posters email.

Pete, any success?
Mtnbiker29er
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Mtnbiker29er » Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:23 am

Hagar wrote:
Mtnbiker29er wrote: The file name is 'Lockheed F-117A Nighthawk Package for FSX and P3D4 - Update' and the main f-117 aircraft file is 'Lockheed F-117A Nighthawk Package for FSX and P3D4'

These are the files in question --> https://simviation.com/1/search?submit=1&keywords=Lockheed+F-117A+Nighthawk+Package+for+FSX+and+P3D4&categoryId=

Yea I tried changing the Vcockpit values but didn't work either. I'll fiddle around with it a bit more maybe one screen will show up or something ha.
Mtnbiker29er
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Dave T » Sun Jun 02, 2019 3:08 am

I gave the files a try and could only get the 2d panel to work, Vc blank mfd's and switches inop.
Also got this error message
Dave T
Major
Major

Postby pete » Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:16 pm

OK found the same result as DaveT when I tried it in FSX. No gauges in VC.

However - I just searched and found an earlier version edited by Danny Garnier for FSX and FS2004

https://simviation.com/1/search?submit= ... &x=17&y=12

P3D4 seems to work fine

pete
Administrator
Administrator

Postby garymbuska » Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:02 am

Hagar wrote:

I tried the link you put in here and it yielded no results
not sure if Pete removed it.
Gary M Buska
SYSTEM Specs ASUS P8Z68 V/GEN 3 mother board: INTELL I7 2600k 3.48 ghz Quad core CPU with Sandy bridge: 12 Gigs of 1800hz ram:
GTX 950 OVER CLOCKED: 2 Gigs Ram Windows 10 Home 64 bit Operating system. 750W Dedicated modular power supply. Two Internal 1TB hard drives 1 External 1TB 3.2 USB hard drive. SAITEK Cessna flight Yoke with throttles.
CH Rudder Peddles 27 inch Wide screen Monitor
garymbuska
Major
Major

Postby pete » Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:45 am

pete
Administrator
Administrator

Return to Flight Simulator X (FSX) and Steam