Need D1Fea~12 for FSX correct install in Windows 10

FSX including FSX Steam version.

Need D1Fea~12 for FSX correct install in Windows 10

Postby twinjetpilot » Sun May 26, 2019 12:26 am

I have original FSX Gold Edition (dvd edition), already installed it on previous pc more than once (with Windows 7 and XP). On Windows 10 it gives error on D1Fea~12.cab file while installing, and stops install process.
Anyone has the file to share it with me? (already tried to download from some websites and did not solve the problem, still shows the file is not ok)

Any tips on how to solve this?
Thanks
twinjetpilot
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: Need D1Fea~12 for FSX correct install in Windows 10

Postby pete » Sun May 26, 2019 3:53 am

Be careful about Google results on this subject.

The 1st results contain virus/paid D1Fea~12.cab software (https ://www. solvusoft.com - don't touch it! It's trialware and worse - malware)

the questions on proper websites (microsoft/flightsim/simouthouse for example) have zero or unsuccessful replies.

Have you tried a proper uninstall - do a complete system clean to remove any left over garbage, then temporarily close your anti virus program - then reinstall properly from the CD's.

It seems many people seem to have W10 issues with FSX - though they are still the minority.

Do you have a separate partition (D Drive for instance)? If so try the new install on there.

Also I would seriously consider moving to P3D ($59.95 for Academic). It's where MSFS would be today had microsoft not dropped it. I would never go back TBH. :)
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. – Leonardo da Vinci
pete
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Nighthawk117 » Sun May 26, 2019 10:15 am

where is that file located i just checked my pc and search couldnt find it

I search c:drive, windows folder, and FSX folder search not found

I have FSX on win10 ???????????????????????????????????????? and mine works fine except a little jumpy
Nighthawk117
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Canuck1955 » Sun May 26, 2019 11:41 am

Nobody o/s the USA knows what that means.
Canuck1955
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Daube » Tue May 28, 2019 9:27 am

twinjetpilot wrote:I have original FSX Gold Edition (dvd edition), already installed it on previous pc more than once (with Windows 7 and XP). On Windows 10 it gives error on D1Fea~12.cab file while installing, and stops install process.
Anyone has the file to share it with me? (already tried to download from some websites and did not solve the problem, still shows the file is not ok)

Any tips on how to solve this?
Thanks

I would advise you to switch to FSX Steam, which is much less troublesome to install. ;)

However, if you really want to stick with your FSX-Gold, then you might want to try an old workaround for the failing DVD readings during install: copy the content of the DVDs to a temporary folder on your hardrive, and launch the install from there.
Also ensure your antivirus is disabled before launching the install.
Daube
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Return to Flight Simulator X (FSX) and Steam