New to P3D: Key/Button Mapping Question

Prepar3D - Lockheed Martin has taken the FSX platform into a new level aimed at the professional.

New to P3D: Key/Button Mapping Question

Postby Tleilaxian » Tue May 14, 2019 8:55 am

I just migrated to P3D and am looking to set it up similarly to my FSX configuration but am stuck on an item or two: Is there a way to program a flight stick button (yeah, I use a flight stick but hey, flight sticks are a good enough philosophy for Airbus, so ...) button to immediately take you to the Cockpit/VC views (separate buttons, of course). I searched everywhere but couldn't find anything that looked appropriately named to map to a button for cockpit/VC views. Would anybody happen to know what the line item is to assign the button to to accomplish this?

Also, I mapped a "Disarm A/T" and "AP Master" to buttons (because I like to be able to just click a handy button to disengage them on approach without taking my eyes off the runway) but those button mappings only seem to work in Cockpit view and not VC. Would anybody know how to get those mappings to work in the VC?

Thanks in advance for any help that anybody might be able to provide.
Tleilaxian
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: New to P3D: Key/Button Mapping Question

Postby EVVFCX » Tue May 21, 2019 2:07 pm

Any button mapping should work whatever view your on, I've never known it be any different.
You should be able to use the mapping in similar way to FSX but by far the best way would be to have a registered P3D version of fsuipc! That would give full control of any button for any compatible functiin for the plane your in.

Conditional programking can be a pain but does give you more potential with more commands for each and every button including yiur keyboard.

Regards

Steve
May the Mynd be with you.
So far my number of landings either passenger or pilot equal my number of takeoffs.

FSX Gold Acc, P3D V4, FS2020
EVVFCX
Captain
Captain

Re: New to P3D: Key/Button Mapping Question

Postby Tleilaxian » Wed May 22, 2019 11:31 am

Thank you very much for the response and assistance. I actually got it sorted out the other day but I still really appreciate your help. Cheers!
Tleilaxian
Ground hog
Ground hog

Return to Prepar3D