KLAX dawn departure

Flight Simulation Screenshots displaying your Flight Simulation Experience. MSFS, FSX, Prepar3D, XPlane and other Flight Simulators. Focus is your Flight Simulator Experience. Please upload to Simviation (Button at top right)

KLAX dawn departure

Postby francsal » Sun May 12, 2019 1:43 am

Greeting a new day, with a lovely departure from Los Angeles. Zibo 737-800 on default XP11 scenery. The lovely weather made for some interesting shots.

francsal
Captain
Captain

Re: KLAX dawn departure

Postby DaveHagen » Sun May 12, 2019 9:27 am

Very beautiful photos :clap:
Flight Simmer
I use PMDG 737NGX, 777L, Aerosoft A32X
I use FSX:SE
I love travelling
DaveHagen
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby yancovitch » Mon May 13, 2019 12:03 pm

pretty dramatic......thanks
yancovitch
Major
Major

Location: born montreal, lived vancouver, now live in burns lake bc.

Postby darrenvox » Mon May 13, 2019 7:12 pm

cool pics
darrenvox
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Daube » Tue May 28, 2019 9:34 am

Superb shots !!
That plane is probably the most impressive freeware currently available for any sim (XP, FSX or P3D).
I'm slowly trying to switch from P3D to XP11, but I'm still struggling with the performance. While the FPS are fine when using a single screen, they tend to crawl way below smoothness when switching to VR :(
Daube
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby francsal » Tue May 28, 2019 10:47 pm

Daube wrote:Superb shots !!
That plane is probably the most impressive freeware currently available for any sim (XP, FSX or P3D).
I'm slowly trying to switch from P3D to XP11, but I'm still struggling with the performance. While the FPS are fine when using a single screen, they tend to crawl way below smoothness when switching to VR :(

Thanks! Indeed, the Zibo is a remarkable piece of freeware, I do like it better than the few payware planes I have.

Regarding the performance, yes, I have read that VR is a resource hog on XP. I have never tried, having only a 1050 Ti on my pc. What video card are you using?
francsal
Captain
Captain

Postby Daube » Wed May 29, 2019 2:19 am

I'm using a GTX 1070ti, coupled with an i7 8700k on stock frequency (not overclocked yet).
My VR helmet is a Lenovo Explorer, with a resolution of 1400x1400 pixels per eye (so 2800x1400 in total).
If works very well with P3Dv4, but with XP11 the performance is not the same at all...
The sim is smooth only if I disable totally the antialiasing. As soon as I crank it up, the FPS crawl down :(

I'm still experimenting with the settings, trying to get a stable balance. So far I still have to disable way too many things, like shadows and such, and that's quite annoying. I just hope some future updates will improve the performance somehow...
Daube
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby francsal » Wed May 29, 2019 11:08 am

Daube wrote:I'm using a GTX 1070ti, coupled with an i7 8700k on stock frequency (not overclocked yet).
My VR helmet is a Lenovo Explorer, with a resolution of 1400x1400 pixels per eye (so 2800x1400 in total).
If works very well with P3Dv4, but with XP11 the performance is not the same at all...
The sim is smooth only if I disable totally the antialiasing. As soon as I crank it up, the FPS crawl down :(

I'm still experimenting with the settings, trying to get a stable balance. So far I still have to disable way too many things, like shadows and such, and that's quite annoying. I just hope some future updates will improve the performance somehow...

Let's just hope that the Vulkan upgrade fixes those things. OGL has proven to be a burden for XP to perform adequately. Your specs should be more than enough for VR

Regarding the shadows, I have read that the scenery shadows are also a killer. If that was what you mean, I would strongly suggest to disable them, and see if the FPS improves. As for AA, I have found that the best compromise has been 2xSSAA+FXAA, regarding FPX/eye candy.

Finally, maybe deleting the XP preferences might help you a bit? I'm almost sure that you have already tried it, but since assumption is the mother of al f*&ckups, I'd rather not make any assumptions! :mrgreen:

Edit: This might be useful. https://www.reddit.com/r/Vive/comments/ ... rformance/
francsal
Captain
Captain

Return to Simulation Screenshots Showcase