No bank angle warning?

FSX including FSX Steam version.

Re: No bank angle warning?

Postby cevans » Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:07 am

DaveHagen wrote:I have the feeling I'm getting ignored

Maybe because your problem is about using the PMDG aircraft and you have played around with things so …. You could ask on the PMDG forum assuming one exists.
If I were you I would go back to scratch. Sound like you have messed up and maybe best to start over. Your situation is far from clear and still cannot see what sound mod you downloaded?? Not surprised replies have been slow in coming.
cevans
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby DaveHagen » Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:27 am

It is about the DEFAULT 737-800, I repeat what I said: I downloaded a realistic sound mod for my default 737-800, but the uploader didn't add the bank angle warning, and the autopilot disconnect was not really realistic, but since I had the PMDG which didn't work so i transferred the AP disconnect and the Bank Angle warning to the default 737-800, the AP disconnects works, but can't hear the Bank Angle, I looked in the panel.cfg, wasn't there and added it, but still not working. I've done various bank angles to see when it triggers (even flipped the plane over) but no Bank Angle warning sound. and the sound mod is Boeing 737NG (700/800/900) sound package for FSX by FL2070 for the DEFAULT 737-800 but that person didn't add the bank angle warning, and I had the PMDG which didn't work so I transferred the bank angle warning from the PMDG 737 to the DEFAULT 737-800, also the AP disconnect warning and the stall warning, they where already there but wanted to make the warnings sound more realistic. Thus I have a problem with the DEFAULT 737-800, I even posted screenshots which are from the DEFAULT 737-800
Flight Simmer
I use PMDG 737NGX, 777L, Aerosoft A32X
I use FSX:SE
I love travelling
DaveHagen
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby DaveHagen » Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:27 am

I hope it is clear now, it's about the DEFAULT 737-800 and not the PMDG, is my English that bad or what?
Flight Simmer
I love travelling
DaveHagen
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Hagar » Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:02 am

I don't think you're being deliberately ignored but I suspect that many people are like me & don't reply to queries unless they can suggest something constructive.
I know very little about big jets & must admit to being a tad confused by your problem myself.

However, after a considerable amount of research I might be able to help. This file is described as for an Airbus but I've tested it in the default 737-800 & all works as advertised including the Bank Angle callout. https://simviation.com/1/search?submit=1&keywords=gpws+gauge&categoryId=55

The instructions are quite straightforward but you will have to create a folder named GPWS in your main FSX\Sound folder. Paste the folder named AB_GPWS into it. Hope this does what you want.

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
Member of the Fox Four Group
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby DaveHagen » Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:08 am

Hagar wrote:I don't think you're being deliberately ignored but I suspect that many people are like me & don't reply to queries unless they can suggest something constructive.
I know very little about big jets & must admit to being a tad confused by your problem myself.

However, after a considerable amount of research I might be able to help. This file is described as for an Airbus but I've tested it in the default 737-800 & all works as advertised including the Bank Angle callout. https://simviation.com/1/search?submit=1&keywords=gpws+gauge&categoryId=55

The instructions are quite straightforward but you will have to create a folder named GPWS in your main FSX\Sound folder. Paste the folder named AB_GPWS into it. Hope this does what you want.

Thank you, I explained the situation, nd people started talking about PMDG while I was clearly talking about Default 737-800
Flight Simmer
I love travelling
DaveHagen
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Hagar » Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:14 am

DaveHagen wrote:Thank you, I explained the situation, and people started talking about PMDG while I was clearly talking about Default 737-800

I think your reference to the PMDG aircraft was causing confusion.

Anyway, that's beside the point. Please tell me if my suggestion works for you.

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby DaveHagen » Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:16 am

Hagar wrote:
DaveHagen wrote:Thank you, I explained the situation, and people started talking about PMDG while I was clearly talking about Default 737-800

I think your reference to the PMDG aircraft was causing confusion.

Anyway, that's beside the point. Please tell me if my suggestion works for you.

Just tested it, no it still doesn't work
Flight Simmer
I love travelling
DaveHagen
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Hagar » Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:28 am

DaveHagen wrote:Just tested it, no it still doesn't work

That's odd. Did you follow the instructions carefully? Have you modified anything?
I tested the file from my link on the completely unmodified FSX default Airbus A321 & B737-800. The only files I edited were the Panel.cfg of the respective aircraft as per the instructions.

My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby DaveHagen » Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:49 am

Hagar wrote:
DaveHagen wrote:Just tested it, no it still doesn't work

That's odd. Did you follow the instructions carefully? Have you modified anything?
I tested the file from my link on the completely unmodified FSX default Airbus A321 & B737-800. The only files I edited were the Panel.cfg of the respective aircraft as per the instructions.

Yes I followed the instructions, and I have a modified default 737-800, the Boeing 737-800 starter package from Avsim
Flight Simmer
I love travelling
DaveHagen
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Hagar » Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:28 am

DaveHagen wrote:Yes I followed the instructions, and I have a modified default 737-800, the Boeing 737-800 starter package from Avsim

Ah, that might explain it. I've tested the Bank Angle callout files from my link in the unmodified default 737-800 in both FSX Gold + Acceleration & FSX-SE. All works perfectly.

My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby pete » Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:36 am

You are just such an amazing contributor Doug. Thank you!!
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. – Leonardo da Vinci
pete
Administrator
Administrator

Postby DaveHagen » Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:41 am

Hagar wrote:
DaveHagen wrote:Yes I followed the instructions, and I have a modified default 737-800, the Boeing 737-800 starter package from Avsim

Ah, that might explain it. I've tested the Bank Angle callout files from my link in the unmodified default 737-800 in both FSX Gold + Acceleration & FSX-SE. All works perfectly.

Tested on my unmodified default A321, still not working
Flight Simmer
I love travelling
DaveHagen
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Hagar » Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:43 am

DaveHagen wrote:Tested on my unmodified default A321, still not working

Then I suspect it must be something you're doing wrong. Please follow the instructions carefully.

My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Hagar » Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:58 pm

pete wrote:You are just such an amazing contributor Doug. Thank you!!

Thanks for the kind words Pete but this is not resolved yet. I would dearly love to get Dave sorted.

Anyway, it's you we should be thanking for this wonderful website & forum. :clap:

My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Dave T » Sun Apr 28, 2019 1:30 pm

I have just tried the gauges from the link that Hagar gave on simv in the default 737 and the call outs work, Did you create a GPWS folder and place the AB_GPWS folder into it before placing the GPWS folder into the main fsx sound folder?
Just added the rcb-gauges folder and the GPWS_sound.gau files into the panel of the default 737 and made the two panel cfg entries in the vcocpit01 section section.
gaugexx=GPWS_Sound!dsd_xml_sound3, 0,0,,, ./sound/GPWS/AB_GPWS/Sound.ini
gaugexx=rcb-gauges!GPWS3_3_Default, 613,751,82,31
gauge 29 and 30
gauge28=B737_800!efis_control_panel, 672,815,143,76
gauge29=GPWS_Sound!dsd_xml_sound3, 0,0,,, ./sound/GPWS/AB_GPWS/Sound.ini
gauge30=rcb-gauges!GPWS3_3_Default, 613,751,82,31

Also tried and working in the default airbus and 747.
Dave T
Major
Major

PreviousNext

Return to Flight Simulator X (FSX) and Steam