Atr 42 and 72 battery switch inop

FSX including FSX Steam version.

Re: Atr 42 and 72 battery switch inop

Postby Hagar » Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:50 am

Dave T wrote:Does anyone else have inop battery switch in the VC's on both the Virtualcol ATR42 and 72 aircraft?

To answer your original question I installed the ATR 42 to FSX-SE. None of the switches on the VC overhead panel appear to be clickable.

Dave T wrote: I never trust self installers and always install to a temporary file on the desktop first and install manually. I like to know what is installed on my computer.

Same here. I installed the ATR 42 manually to FSX-SE & all works as advertised. See shot below.

However. the auto-installer is configured correctly for FSX (see shot below).

I see no reason why there would be problems using the auto-installer with SE providing the install path is redirected to the FSX-SE root directory.
This is the default location for FSX-SE in Windows 10 64-bit. C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX
meesh42 wrote:got the latest SP1 patch as well,

Not sure I understand this. As has been pointed out, FSX-SE (Steam Edition) is the same as FSX Gold + Acceleration & already includes service packs 1 & 2.
In fact it would not be possible to install the service packs without FSX RTM (the original boxed version) installed on your system.

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
Member of the Fox Four Group
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Algenon Lacy » Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:40 am

Checked the virtual cockpit using FS Panel Studio. There is no "position" for the gauge, so even if you add, it will not show up. I think this is a limitation in the original VC model.
Algenon Lacy
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby meesh42 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:07 am

All is good from this end now, all working well, thanks for the advice, just gotta work the IAS on this so I can set a speed and I'll be good to go, apologies for clashing with the OP post on here
meesh42
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Dave T » Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:50 am

Algenon Lacy wrote:Checked the virtual cockpit using FS Panel Studio. There is no "position" for the gauge, so even if you add, it will not show up. I think this is a limitation in the original VC model.

I did get the switch to show up on the VC overhead when I swapped it for the gauge on line 14, but on it's own in a new position didn't work. Using the 2d panel or shift+m to turn on the battery is not much of a problem.
Thanks for checking it with fs panel studio.
Dave T
Major
Major

Previous

Return to Flight Simulator X (FSX) and Steam