Atr 42 and 72 battery switch inop

FSX including FSX Steam version.

Atr 42 and 72 battery switch inop

Postby Dave T » Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:03 am

Does anyone else have inop battery switch in the VC's on both the Virtualcol ATR42 and 72 aircraft?
FSX/P3D ATR72 Series Package (Category: FSX > Props)
FSX/P3D ATR42 Series Package (Category: FSX > Props)
I had to use Shift+M keys to operate the batt switch and then the manual start is a simple operation, it could be down to the fact I use a cold and dark situation as my default flight which has caused a few problems with other aircraft in the past.
In the Vc, no mouse click spot to turn on the battery switch
You can turn the battery switch on by the 2D popup shift+3
and then go back to the vc to continue the manual start.
Dave T
Major
Major

Re: Atr 42 and 72 battery switch inop

Postby garymbuska » Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:05 am

There is one way to fix this kind of problem and that is with a program called FSPANELSTUDIO
This is a payware software but it is by far the best tool one can have for fixing and adding both new gauges and windows to existing aircraft in both FSX and FS9
This program uses a process called WYSIWYUG which stands for What You See Is What You Get.
When using this program it shows you the actual panel you would see as if you were in the sim itself. To add a gauge could not be any easier all you have to do is to find a spot for the gauge click on the spot than stretch or shrink it to fit
there are no coordinates needed.
This program spots gauge problems real quick all you have to do is to click on any gauge you see and the program will tell you what gauge file is being used or if it is undefined.
here is the link http://www.fspanelstudio.com/
Trust me you can not go wrong with this program. If you do any kind of additions to aircraft windows or gauges this is the program you want.
There are people here other than myself that use this program they will back up anything I have said here
There is a try before buy option if you are unsure.
With this program you will be able to make any change to any panel in your fleet. It even creates and edits XML gauges. 8-) <<v
Gary M Buska
SYSTEM Specs ASUS P8Z68 V/GEN 3 mother board: INTELL I7 2600k 3.48 ghz Quad core CPU with Sandy bridge: 12 Gigs of 1800hz ram:
GTX 950 OVER CLOCKED: 2 Gigs Ram Windows 10 Home 64 bit Operating system. 750W Dedicated modular power supply. Two Internal 1TB hard drives 1 External 1TB 3.2 USB hard drive. SAITEK Cessna flight Yoke with throttles.
CH Rudder Peddles 27 inch Wide screen Monitor
garymbuska
Major
Major

Postby Dave T » Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:38 am

Thanks, I have fs panel studio and found that it works well with fs9 and fsx 2d panels and pop ups it doesn't work very well with vc panels in fsx.
Using fspanel studio I did get a rough position for the switch location added to the vcockpit03 section in the panel cfg
gauge84=Vcol_atr42!ovh_switch_battery, 525,156,39,38
the switch didn't show up in the vc
Also the port landing light is always on regardless of switch position.
Dave T
Major
Major

Postby garymbuska » Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:35 am

Dave T wrote:Thanks, I have fs panel studio and found that it works well with fs9 and fsx 2d panels and pop ups it doesn't work very well with vc panels in fsx.
Using fspanel studio I did get a rough position for the switch location added to the vcockpit03 section in the panel cfg
gauge84=Vcol_atr42!ovh_switch_battery, 525,156,39,38
the switch didn't show up in the vc
Also the port landing light is always on regardless of switch position.

That is one of its short comings it does not work with virtual panels
The light problem could be a result of using the wrong light check the light section of the aircraft cfg file closely
i have seen this at least once someone used a beacon light for a landing light as a result the light never went out till you turned off the power.
Gary M Buska
SYSTEM Specs ASUS P8Z68 V/GEN 3 mother board: INTELL I7 2600k 3.48 ghz Quad core CPU with Sandy bridge: 12 Gigs of 1800hz ram:
GTX 950 OVER CLOCKED: 2 Gigs Ram Windows 10 Home 64 bit Operating system. 750W Dedicated modular power supply. Two Internal 1TB hard drives 1 External 1TB 3.2 USB hard drive. SAITEK Cessna flight Yoke with throttles.
CH Rudder Peddles 27 inch Wide screen Monitor
garymbuska
Major
Major

Postby meesh42 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:10 pm

I can't even get any of the gauges working, uninstalled it and then reinstalled it, and still the same problem, absolutely no gauges whatsoever, got the latest SP1 patch as well, any advice on where to look and solve this? At my wits end with it :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead:
meesh42
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby pete » Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:45 pm

meesh42 wrote:I can't even get any of the gauges working, uninstalled it and then reinstalled it, and still the same problem, absolutely no gauges whatsoever, got the latest SP1 patch as well, any advice on where to look and solve this? At my wits end with it :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead:

Hi and welcome :)

Did you install the gauges in the 'Gauges' folder that comes with the aircraft into the main Gauges folder in your sim?
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. – Leonardo da Vinci
pete
Administrator
Administrator

Postby meesh42 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 1:13 pm

pete wrote:
meesh42 wrote:I can't even get any of the gauges working, uninstalled it and then reinstalled it, and still the same problem, absolutely no gauges whatsoever, got the latest SP1 patch as well, any advice on where to look and solve this? At my wits end with it :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead:

Hi and welcome :)

Did you install the gauges in the 'Gauges' folder that comes with the aircraft into the main Gauges folder in your sim?

thanks for the welcome :)

I didn't, however, I don't see that folder in the aircraft folder that was downloaded
meesh42
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Dave T » Sat Apr 13, 2019 1:39 pm

Do you have any gauges or mfd screens blank? Have you tried shift + m to turn on the main battery switch. Can you post a screenshot.Both the planes are self installing exe files, have you tried running the installer as administrator.
Dave T
Major
Major

Postby meesh42 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 2:05 pm

Dave T wrote:Do you have any gauges or mfd screens blank? Have you tried shift + m to turn on the main battery switch. Can you post a screenshot.Both the planes are self installing exe files, have you tried running the installer as administrator.

all my gauges and mfd are blank, haven't even got the knobs on there to change anything, plane flies, but flaps don't move, tried shift + m with zero success. I did do a screenshot, but I'm a total noob, and I dunno how to upload them onto here :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

with regards to installing, I'm pretty sure I ran it in admin, bcause the icon coes u telling me to do so, otherwise it wouldn't have installed anyway
meesh42
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Dave T » Sat Apr 13, 2019 2:23 pm

Missing gauges and switches in both Aircraft 42 & 72?
Which version of FSX? Deluxe or Gold with accel.
If it's FSX Deluxe you will need Service pack 1 & 2 or Fsx gold which is Deluxe with the service packs and Accel, Steam is an updated Fsx gold.
Both Fsx service packs are available on SimV
https://simviation.com/1/search?submit= ... ck&x=0&y=0
Service packs are only needed if you only have FSX Deluxe.
How to upload screenshots https://forums.simviation.com/phpBB3/vi ... 2&t=165484
Sometimes with self installers if you do not right mouse click on the installer and select run as administrator you get a partial install.
Dave T
Major
Major

Postby meesh42 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 4:17 pm

Dave T wrote:Missing gauges and switches in both Aircraft 42 & 72?
Which version of FSX? Deluxe or Gold with accel.
If it's FSX Deluxe you will need Service pack 1 & 2 or Fsx gold which is Deluxe with the service packs and Accel, Steam is an updated Fsx gold.
Both Fsx service packs are available on SimV
https://simviation.com/1/search?submit= ... ck&x=0&y=0
Service packs are only needed if you only have FSX Deluxe.
How to upload screenshots https://forums.simviation.com/phpBB3/vi ... 2&t=165484
Sometimes with self installers if you do not right mouse click on the installer and select run as administrator you get a partial install.

yup, both 42 and 72

I'm running the steam edition FS and haven't had any problems, tried to upload the pics but they're too big to upload
meesh42
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Dave T » Sat Apr 13, 2019 4:54 pm

You should not need the service packs with steam, I'm using Fsx gold so it should work in steam. You have to shrink your shots using fspaint.net and convert from bmp to jpeg. I use paint and snapshot4 https://simviation.com/1/search?submit= ... ategoryId=
You can use snapshot 4 for both fs9 and fsx directly to produce a screenshot but you have a slight delay.
Sorry I don't have steam installed, maybe someone who does can see if it works for them. Which operating system are you using W7/8/10.
Dave T
Major
Major

Postby meesh42 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:51 pm

Dave T wrote:You should not need the service packs with steam, I'm using Fsx gold so it should work in steam. You have to shrink your shots using fspaint.net and convert from bmp to jpeg. I use paint and snapshot4 https://simviation.com/1/search?submit= ... ategoryId=
You can use snapshot 4 for both fs9 and fsx directly to produce a screenshot but you have a slight delay.
Sorry I don't have steam installed, maybe someone who does can see if it works for them. Which operating system are you using W7/8/10.

not to worry, appreciate the help

this is the 2d cockpit

and this is the VC cockpit, all exactly the same for the 42 and 72
meesh42
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Dave T » Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:54 am

You could try installing it manually, create a folder on your desktop and install it to that folder. Install all the bits into the sim manually, contents of the effects/gauges/airplanes.
If you get no overwrite prompt when you install the gauges contents into the gauge file, it didn't install the gauges into your sim.
It looks like the gauges didn't install and are missing, I never trust self installers and always install to a temporary file on the desktop first and install manually. I like to know what is installed on my computer.
Dave T
Major
Major

Postby Algenon Lacy » Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:48 am

The self install program should have created a file "Vcol_atr42.CAB" in the FSX "Gauges" main folder. I copied this file into the individual aircraft "Panel" folder. All gauges show up and appear to work.
Algenon Lacy
Ground hog
Ground hog

Next

Return to Flight Simulator X (FSX) and Steam