How to place aircraft a a Static objet

Forum dedicated to Microsoft FS2004 - "A Century of Flight".

How to place aircraft a a Static objet

Postby jive1 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:44 am

Het!
I'm still using FS2004.
How can I place an aircraft as a static object somewhere?
Greetz
Jive1 - Belgium
jive1
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: How to place aircraft a a Static objet

Postby garymbuska » Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:44 am

It does not matter which SIM you want to place a static object in there are a couple of ways you can do this.
One way you might be to create a AI flight plan that does not have a departure time. I am not sure if this will work or not
The other way is you will need to have a BGL COMPILER and there is one inside the FS SDK folder
You basically have to create a small scenery area consisting of the static object. Hangers and other airport buildings can be created using AFCAD for FS9 and below and Airport Design Editor for FSX
The hardest part of this process is you have to know the Longitude & Latitude to place the object and than you have to make sure there is nothing in that spot. You do that by using flatten commands and exclude commands.
Using these commands can be tricky. If you do not know what you are doing you can create some strange things like a huge hole in the middle of know where or a building with a hole in it.
You might want to check out the Scenery & Panel Design section of this forum
There are programs out there that you can use to create all kinds of static objects one such program is called GMAX but I have to caution you this is not what you would call a user friendly software.
I used it and was able to create a line shack which I now use inside of my home airport KJAX. But it was not the easiest thing to do it depends on what you know about programs like GMAX.
I tried to recreate an airplane as there was a tutorial for it and went nearly bald in the process as no matter what i did I just could not get the shape they wanted me to create.
This program uses polygons and you have to stretch them in ways you can not imagine. It takes a ton of patience.
One reason my hat is off to people that do this and make it look so easy. Trust me it is not.! 8-)
Gary M Buska
SYSTEM Specs ASUS P8Z68 V/GEN 3 mother board: INTELL I7 2600k 3.48 ghz Quad core CPU with Sandy bridge: 12 Gigs of 1800hz ram:
GTX 950 OVER CLOCKED: 2 Gigs Ram Windows 10 Home 64 bit Operating system. 750W Dedicated modular power supply. Two Internal 1TB hard drives 1 External 1TB 3.2 USB hard drive. SAITEK Cessna flight Yoke with throttles.
CH Rudder Peddles 27 inch Wide screen Monitor
garymbuska
Major
Major

Postby Hagar » Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:25 am

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
Member of the Fox Four Group
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby hjwalter » Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:15 pm

When using the SAMM program it's best to use AI aircraft as the basis for their static versions, which you can then very simply position anywhere via the (payware) Abacus EZ program. Using flyable aircraft as the basis does work O.K. but uses for more and complex textures.

Hope this helps.
Hans
hjwalter
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby jive1 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:09 am

Hey!
I'm using SAMM already several years, but this is now the first time I use it under windows 10...
And it does not work now.
Os there anything that I should know and /or do in order to let ik work under Windows 10, whereas before, under Windows 7 it worked fine without any special things to do....
Greetz
Jive1 - Belgium
jive1
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Hagar » Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:41 am

SAMM works fine for me on Windows 10 64-bit.

Make sure you have the latest Version 2.2.08 & run SAMM2.exe as Administrator. (Right-click > Run as administrator)

You might also need to install the relevant FS2004 SDK.

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby garymbuska » Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:19 am

Thanks Hagar I had totally forgotten about that program. I need to get out more often 8-)
Gary M Buska
SYSTEM Specs ASUS P8Z68 V/GEN 3 mother board: INTELL I7 2600k 3.48 ghz Quad core CPU with Sandy bridge: 12 Gigs of 1800hz ram:
GTX 950 OVER CLOCKED: 2 Gigs Ram Windows 10 Home 64 bit Operating system. 750W Dedicated modular power supply. Two Internal 1TB hard drives 1 External 1TB 3.2 USB hard drive. SAITEK Cessna flight Yoke with throttles.
CH Rudder Peddles 27 inch Wide screen Monitor
garymbuska
Major
Major

Postby jive1 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:56 am

Hey!
Do I need a NET.Framework 3.5 system also with Windows 10? I think I used same when I worked under Windows 7...
I tried to install, butsomething in the system now makes not being able to install that.

Greetz
Jive1 - Belgium
jive1
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Hagar » Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:21 am

.NET Framework 3.5 is already installed on my system.

You can check its status & activate it if necessary from Control Panel > Programs > Turn Windows features on or off.
(Might be slightly different on your system.)

My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Return to FS 2004 - A Century of Flight