Saitek, FSUIPC and Condition Levers

Graphics Cards, Sound Cards, Joysticks, Computers, etc. Ask or advise here!

Saitek, FSUIPC and Condition Levers

Postby Hoorf » Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:32 pm

I've read in various fora about the use of Saitek levers for Condition levers for turboprops; it seems fair enough, since Flight Simulator 2004 has no Assignment provision for Condition and thus requires a mouse to set Condition during ground operation. Also that the paid FSUIPC (which I do have installed) is the route to go about it. Has anyone here done this? Have you had certain things happen, things I should bear in mind when doing this myself? Cautions? Advice? Thank you!
Hoorf
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Location: In between the bright lights and the far, unlit unknown...

Re: Saitek, FSUIPC and Condition Levers

Postby zswobbie1 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:40 am

Why don't you just try it?
Great if it works. If not, just reassign the controls.
You cannot break anything.
zswobbie1
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby Canuck1955 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:06 am

Don't overlook LINDA - https://www.avsim.com/forums/forum/424-linda/ this is free and operates over and above FSUIPC which is necessary. A posting to the forum there may reveal what you seek. I certainly use the lua file which make the a/c less skid prone on the tarmac.
Canuck1955
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Hoorf » Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:33 pm

Okay, I'm probably not clarifying myself enough. I'll try and be more thorough here...I'll use the Beechcraft Royal Turbine Duke as an example here: on its 2D panel view, there's a quadrant which shows six levers, left to right:

* two large-black-knobbed levers are POWER (successfully FSUIPC-mapped to the power levers on the screen),

* two blue-knobbed levers are PROP (successfully FSUIPC-mapped to the prop levers on the screen),

* two small-black-knobbed levers are CONDITION (only moveable by mouse at this point).

What I am trying to do is set two of my nine Saitek throttle quadrant levers to manipulate those two on-screen CONDITION levers. With FSUIPC, I have tried mapping my two Saitek levers to Mixture to see if that moves those on-screen CONDITION levers...nope. I've tried all Mixture commands in FSUIPC and nothing happens. I've scanned all the commands, of which there are hundreds, and nothing specifically or vaguely notes a Condition function. Maybe I've got the theory wrong or something, I dunno. I'm just trying to make this work. I hope this explains my dilemma a little better than my first post.

Also, I have autism, either Asperger or HFA; it has not been fully diagnosed because there is no standardized test out for adults as of yet. Hope that helps explain some...
Hoorf
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Hoorf » Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:27 pm

So: went exhaustively through FSUIPC and my Royal Turbine Duke and discovered that the Condition levers are not mappable, either by organic FS assignment or via FSUIPC. I did find a FSUIPC feature in which you could map mouse-able controls to the controls; this worked for prop and power, but condition levers would not map at all. Not sure what kind of code within the Duke would need to be rewritten/added to allow mapping those levers to Saitek, CH, et al, but for now...bust. O well...
Hoorf
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Return to Hardware