The Future of Flight Simulation 2019 & Beyond ?

If it doesn't fit .. It fits here .. - -

The Future of Flight Simulation 2019 & Beyond ?

Postby Jetranger » Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:25 am

My take on the Future of Flight Simulation 2019 and Beyond ???
Kinda really make one wonder ???
Do WE really know whats in store down the road,, or just "Assume" ????
Have a feeling its NOT going to be good as we "Assume"

My take on the Future of Flight Simulation 2019 and Beyond :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dn4aGg2qXfE&t=76s
Jetranger
Major
Major

Re: The Future of Flight Simulation 2019 & Beyond ?

Postby Jetranger » Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:33 am

WOW Google / YOU TUBE have really went overboard on the Communist Style Censorship ethics Big Time !!!
Can't even post an Aviation Related Video to GOOGLE / you tube ANYMORE
Thats getting really badd !!!
Well guess if ya like watching CAT Videos and Silly Make Up videos,, YOU TUBE is the place to drown yourself in utter ignorance & stupidity it appears !
Frankly, I'm Done with Google / You Tube and all Google related services ALL of it - NO MORE - DONE !!!
Anything comes across my computer Google related or YOU TUBE Related and its getting instantly "NIXED" from now on forever !!
Done with their Communist Censorship B.S.
Jetranger
Major
Major

Postby Bofredrik » Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:21 am

Is this not a forum that we do NOT discuss politics? Communism? :?:
Bofredrik
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Bofredrik » Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:22 am

Delete.
Bofredrik
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby ftldave » Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:28 am

It's always kind of amazing to me that people carp and blame "communism" for the actions taken by a big "free market" corporation! Check again, Jet, Google is a corporation, a business. It's business managers and suited corporate executives, not commies, who dictate what Google\YouTube does or does not do. Direct your complaint in the right direction, maybe?

I watched the video with no problems, so not clear what you are complaining about. The YouTube video talked about 1) you wanting freeware and free upgrades for P3D, 2) you can't afford the flightsim hobby, and 3) that somehow you believe that P3D training software is going to be as popular and accommodating as entertainment\consumer software FSX and previous FS versions were in the past. The ugly rotten albatross of the Lockheed-Martin EULA and its marketing restrictions make sure that won't ever happen. And I expect that third-party vendors are never going to make as much profit as they did with add-ons made for a consumer\entertainment product rather than a training software platform. Again, take note: Lockheed-Martin is a big, global corporation - it's business managers, product managers, and suited executives who make the decisions about their training software, directed toward its intended audience, and that's not consumers or hobbyists. They say so up front, but many chose to ignore that fact.

And, as the video pointed out, the transition to 64-bit and having to abandon so many favorite aircraft, sceneries, etc., freeware or payware, is also a real barrier to switching to the latest sim, even IF you believe it's ethical to do so under the present situation.

Best thing to happen for flightsim's future was Steam making FSX Steam Edition available, keeping it in print, charging a reasonable, affordable price -- continuing the life of the most successful flight simulator in the history of software.

And the previous poster was right - this is gray-area political. Not to mention that discussions about the qualities and foibles of different flight simulators almost always seems to end badly. :|
ftldave
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby cevans » Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:45 am

Sure FS users are fewer than 10 years ago because of all kinds of factors. Mainly because PC entertainment used to be the no.1. Now it's phone apps, etc.
However the video takes things a little too seriously in my opinion. I skimp viewed it because I can't watch a video for more than about 3 mins unless it's comedy.

Anyone wanting to fly on a PC can do so easily in many ways. FSX versions, P3D, Xplane, even FS2004 for many, etc. (I won't mention flying games because this is about simulation)
Personally I use P3D v4 and have fewer problems than ever. All FSX native aircraft work fine …. or can be made to work with a little panel editing. There isn't the range of freeware there used to be but the quality is many times better than ever and more are being converted every month.

As for P3D 'training' aspect. Most simulation is about training at some level. Like me, many of us are real pilots and use it for that extra experience like mountain flying. Flying IFR etc. It is realistic for light aircraft flight. Simming is training whether you realise it or not.

So what's the problem? I'm sticking with P3D4 for now as it's load up, fly, and good graphics for me. Never spent $1 on payware. All freeware and all good fun sim flying. :)
cevans
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby papituwall » Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:04 pm

I always have a question. ¿How so many simmers are continuosly thinking in future flight simulators instead of "flying".
It is supposed that simmers first priority is stay in VC or 2d panel mode, flight models and systems are accurate enough.
papituwall
Captain
Captain

Postby pete » Fri Mar 01, 2019 2:37 am

Off topic but great conversions of the Aryus Bizjets Jet! & Chris! Keep up the great work!

I'm fairly positive about the future of flight simulation simply because there is, has been and will continue to be, a big interest in aircraft and flying. As to the technology we do it with - that will just evolve because there is the demand.

Meanwhile I also agree about sticking with what you like if that's what you want to do. There is still a very healthy following of FS2004 which came out in the early 2000's sometime. :)
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. – Leonardo da Vinci
pete
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Fozzer » Fri Mar 01, 2019 4:16 am

I have been pretending to take to the skies in the various flight craft since the mid-1970s and the invention of the Home Computer!
From the early Game machines of the '70s to the '80s with my Sinclair Spectrum 48k, Commodore C64, Amstrad 464, Amiga 500/1200, etc, 8-bit, 32 bit, 64-bit computers to the modern Windows Desktop, home-built computers in the 1990s. My interest in flight simulation using the Windows-based computers started with various Flight programs such as Pro-Pilot 99, etc, and the wonderful; "Flight Unlimited II" which took me every day to the delights of the State of California (San Francisco!), where I have remained mostly, ever since, with occasional flights from Santa Monica to Chicago, up Route 66, and toured various States in between!
I have followed Simviation since way back in in 1999...>>> https://web.archive.org/web/*/Simviation.com and after a couple of new re-births of the (Ultraboard) Forum, again in January 2002, where I have been every day since! My interest in various subjects has changed over the years, but my daily following on Flight simulation has always remained of interest to me, solely because I don't take the subject too seriously...at all! I have a computer and computer monitor which contains a large number of coloured pixels which I manipulate with the aid of a Joystick to resemble an imaginary aircraft flying through a pixelated imaginary sky! Everything I see before me on the screen tries to fool my mind into thinking that I am flying a real aircraft, whereas I know full well that I am not! It's that which keeps me sane and enjoying the experience....
...nothing more!
Just remember, what you see before you, Folks is all in your mind!.... :lol: ...!

...here endeth the first lesson.... ;) ... ;) ...!

Paul.... :mrgreen: ....!

P.S...Anyone remember; "The Strip".... ;) ... ;) ...!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby papituwall » Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:45 am

Thanks Fozzer. Great!
papituwall
Captain
Captain

Postby Fozzer » Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:24 am

papituwall wrote:Thanks Fozzer. Great!

..... :D ... :D ... :D ...!

Sometimes I fire up the Teleporters on my Interstellar Star Fighter and protect Planet Earth by fighting off the invading Aliens from the Planet Zorg with my twin Proton Torpedos!

...but only in my dreams...(I always win!).... ;) ...!

In real life, I just ride my Motorcycle to the shops and back again....

..and sometimes I play FSX on my Computer!

Paul......With a vivid imagination and a Stick of Joy!.... :lol: ... :lol: ...!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby B52bob » Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:05 am

I agree that flight simulation is not as popular as it once was. I think part of this is there is really no push by LM or steam (FSX) to attract new users. There is also the dreaded P3D statement about the use of P3D.

The future of flight sim, I believe, has to be virtual reality. When the price of the hardware comes down, it would be a big boost.

I have primarily used P3D in the past and have recently switched to XP-11. I had all the add ons from Orbx and many airports. I also spent many hours trying to get it running smoothly. the last time I booted P3D I switched it off. It looked like a cartoon. Hard to go back from XP-11.

I realize simviation is primarily FSX/P3D focused but I would like to se more XP coverage.

Just my nickels worth.
B52bob
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby papituwall » Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:22 am

@B52 bob: I realize that Simviation is not specially FSX/P3D focused but the consequence of the law of supply and demand.
papituwall
Captain
Captain

Postby pete » Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:50 pm

We do get xplane uploads sometimes, and do pretty good download numbers on them (by xplane standards), but sometimes I get a message to remove an xplane file. I think some people in the xplane world want to keep themselves quite small.
I bought xplane 11 but still prefer P3D for now with it's options. Each to their own. :D
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. – Leonardo da Vinci
pete
Administrator
Administrator

Postby papituwall » Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:55 am

pete wrote:We do get xplane uploads sometimes, and do pretty good download numbers on them (by xplane standards), but sometimes I get a message to remove an xplane file. I think some people in the xplane world want to keep themselves quite small.

Interesting, maybe Austin Meyers will disagree with this people...
papituwall
Captain
Captain

Next

Return to General Discussion