News Channel suddenly unobtainable!

If it doesn't fit .. It fits here .. - -

News Channel suddenly unobtainable!

Postby Fozzer » Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:51 am

Hell Chums and Chumesses!.... :D ....!

As an avid follower of daily News from California, and the USA in general, my Favourite Subscribed News Channel; Kron4, (San Francisco Bay) has been unobtainable since the beginning of this year!
As a Brit from England, I have used it since 1995 to also get various daily news for my Sim Flight explorations around California and the surrounding States...and the USA in general!

I get this full-screen message every time I log onto Kron4;...>>>

"This site is currently unavailable to visitors from the European Economic Area while we work to ensure your data is protected in accordance with applicable EU laws".

No problems with obtaining any other American News Channels!

https://www.sfgate.com/

https://www.sfchronicle.com/

Do any of my North American Chums and those from Europe have similar problems in getting to this particular News Site?...
...give it a try for me!

https://www.kron4.com/

I miss getting all the daily San Francisco news from my favorite; "1970's Flower-Power" State;...California!.... :lol: ...!

Many thanks, Chums!

Paul.....With flowers in my hair!.... :lol: ..!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Re: News Channel suddenly unobtainable!

Postby Ratty » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:00 am

Works fine from San Diego.
Ratty
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Roypcox » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:13 am

Paul Can you get Fox News, they are "FAIR AND BALANCED!!!! Roy
Roypcox
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby Fozzer » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:53 am

Ratty wrote:Works fine from San Diego.

Ta Ratty!

I'm wondering if its something to do with we Brits currently disconnecting ourselves from the confines of the European Union!...>>>>

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-32810887

...and Kron4 News Channel getting a bit confused!....LOL...!

It's a shame really because I have enjoyed Kron4 News Site for many, many years now, and it covers/covered everything in and around San Francisco...and it was free to use!

Thanks again Ratty for testing it for me!
...maybe they will get it sorted out for we "Across-the-Pond" users!

Paul.... :D ...!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Fozzer » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:56 am

Roypcox wrote:Paul Can you get Fox News, they are "FAIR AND BALANCED!!!! Roy

Hello Roy!

I only use; "FOX" for access to; "The Simpsons".... :lol: ... :lol: ...!

Paul....Eat my shorts!.... ;) ...!
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Fozzer » Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:23 pm

P.S....

...this may be something to do with it....>>>>

https://www.sfchronicle.com/politics/ar ... sfc_biztek

Certainly looks like some confusion over USA/European Data Protection rearing its ugly head!.... :evil: ....!

Ratty: You seem to be OK on your side of The Pond (in SOCAL)!

Paul.... ;) ...!
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby RAFSB » Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:30 pm

Works fine for me Paul. Canada eh!
RAFSB
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Fozzer » Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:04 pm

RAFSB wrote:Works fine for me Paul. Canada eh!

.... :lol: ... :lol: ... :lol: ...!

The California Law-makers don't get up as far as Canada, RAF....

.....it's far too cold and snowy up there... :roll: ...!

It's a data privacy war between the Continents of North America and Europe.....

..place your bets on the winner now!.... :D ...!

Paul.... :lol: ... :lol: .... :lol: ...!
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby ftldave » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:02 pm

Location-based blocks can be overcome with a bit of effort.

The free, open source Opera browser offers a free Canadian-based VPN that can be set to make your pc look like it's connecting from the Americas, or Europe, or Asia, or the default "Optimal" if you just want to secure your activity from spying eyes.

Once you install Opera, go into its settings, turn on the VPN, and then it can be toggled on or off from the main browser window. Works A-OK on most days, I've found, and quite useful when those "You are NOT allowed" blocks appear. We often watch some of the Russian online TV channels that are blocked to USA viewers.

Security gurus says its not the best VPN, but it's certainly the easiest to set up and easiest to use, by far. I bet that SF news site will connect without problems if you set Opera VPN to "Americas", Fozzer!

DOWNLOAD OPERA BROWSER FOR WIN, MAC, LINUX
ftldave
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby Fozzer » Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:51 am

ftldave wrote:Location-based blocks can be overcome with a bit of effort.

The free, open source Opera browser offers a free Canadian-based VPN that can be set to make your pc look like it's connecting from the Americas, or Europe, or Asia, or the default "Optimal" if you just want to secure your activity from spying eyes.

Once you install Opera, go into its settings, turn on the VPN, and then it can be toggled on or off from the main browser window. Works A-OK on most days, I've found, and quite useful when those "You are NOT allowed" blocks appear. We often watch some of the Russian online TV channels that are blocked to USA viewers.

Security gurus says its not the best VPN, but it's certainly the easiest to set up and easiest to use, by far. I bet that SF news site will connect without problems if you set Opera VPN to "Americas", Fozzer!

DOWNLOAD OPERA BROWSER FOR WIN, MAC, LINUX

Hello Dave!
One of our long-term Members has recommended a particular Browser for me to use to get some sort of access to Kron4 using a; "?????" IP address..Oooppppsss!... :oops: ....!
It works in its; "?" Browser, but for some reason, the familiar page layout of the old Kron4 News is gone, and I no longer get the familiar faces of the old Newscasters and Reporters, etc!
I'm now using "SF Gate" and "SF Chronicle" for my daily USA Local, State, National and International news in my G-mail Inbox in place of Kron4!
I'm still confused why Kron4 got; "all protective" regarding their News Channel!

Many thanks, all...The Internet War continues!... :lol: ... :lol: ....!!

Paul.... :mrgreen: ....!
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Hagar » Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:55 am

I think this explains the situation Paul. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-44248448

Note the date of the article. 25 May 2018. Plenty of time to overcome the problem if they really wanted to methinks. :whistle:

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
Member of the Fox Four Group
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Fozzer » Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:37 pm

Hagar wrote:I think this explains the situation Paul. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-44248448

Note the date of the article. 25 May 2018. Plenty of time to overcome the problem if they really wanted to methinks. :whistle:

Many thanks, Doug!

That probably, (if rather complicated for me), explains the reason why I experience difficulty in gaining access to various USA News Sites, from here in Europe!
Let's hope that they all get it sorted out...sometime soon!

Paul... ;) ...!
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Return to General Discussion