some downloaded aircraft are invisible in FSX

If it doesn't fit .. It fits here .. - -

some downloaded aircraft are invisible in FSX

Postby bnuber77 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:22 am

I am sure someone may have asked this question before, but I can't find the posts. I like to fly aircraft that were added by other members. There are some that I add to my flight simulator, but when I try to launch them they are invisible. Only the wings will show, or on some just the wheels and the engines. Other aircraft I download display fine and no problems. I have noticed that the aircraft that do not display correctly all have been designed and tested by Chris Evans. I have nothing against Chris Evans and would love to have some of his aircraft in my simulator. I have tried to adjust settings, but to no avail. What am I missing or what must I do for those aircraft to display properly?
bnuber77
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: some downloaded aircraft are invisible in FSX

Postby Hagar » Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:43 am

Which version of FSX are you using? I suspect you need to install the SP1 & SP2 service packs. Please read the instructions carefully.*
https://simviation.com/1/search?submit=1&keywords=fsx+service+pack&x=12&y=11

*If you have already installed Flight Simulator X: Acceleration expansion pack, do not install Service Pack 2.
IMPORTANT: You must install Service Pack 1 before installing Service Pack 2

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
Member of the Fox Four Group
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Return to General Discussion