Flickering frames in FSX on Windowss 10

FSX including FSX Steam version.

Flickering frames in FSX on Windowss 10

Postby Lysander77 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:18 pm

Using FSX on Windows 10, after Acceleration Expansion Pack is installed the images flicker. Everything else is clear and as needed, but these white bands slide rapidly down the frame. Without installing Acceleration, some of the add-on aircraft show up only partially - no engine cowling, ailerons, cockpit doors or rudder. Does anyone know of a cure for this? Thank you for any suggestions...
Lysander77
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Flickering frames in FSX on Windowss 10

Postby villagedefrance » Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:01 am

I'm still running on Win7 here so maybe my answer will not apply to you but it did make a difference for me because I am on DX10 preview mode.

So, my suggestion is to update your shader.
An update file is available in the downloads here at Simviation: https://simviation.com/1/search?submit= ... &x=16&y=11

Worth a try.
villagedefrance
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby garymbuska » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:34 am

Lysander77 wrote:Using FSX on Windows 10, after Acceleration Expansion Pack is installed the images flicker. Everything else is clear and as needed, but these white bands slide rapidly down the frame. Without installing Acceleration, some of the add-on aircraft show up only partially - no engine cowling, ailerons, cockpit doors or rudder. Does anyone know of a cure for this? Thank you for any suggestions...

FSX is a CPU and GPU hog and it takes a descent system to run it without some sliders tuned down
what are your system specs? without that knowledge we are shooting in the dark here 8-)
Gary M Buska
SYSTEM Specs ASUS P8Z68 V/GEN 3 mother board: INTELL I7 2600k 3.48 ghz Quad core CPU with Sandy bridge: 12 Gigs of 1800hz ram:
GTX 950 OVER CLOCKED: 2 Gigs Ram Windows 10 Home 64 bit Operating system. 750W Dedicated modular power supply. Two Internal 1TB hard drives 1 External 1TB 3.2 USB hard drive. SAITEK Cessna flight Yoke with throttles.
CH Rudder Peddles 27 inch Wide screen Monitor
garymbuska
Major
Major

Postby junglejim7 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 11:48 pm

@garymbuska,
You are right, even in the FSX-SE version, Totally a CPU Hog all the way, including of course FSX w/Accl. I own an AMD Quad Core at 3.4 ghz with 4gb dedicated Video Card, 16gb ram and it still only tweaks out at 28fps. with NO Dense Scenery, just normal. My i7 is a different story. Hence, its all about the CPU Chip and its speed and yet any FSX version still only taps the First Core.
You'd think they'd fix that issue once and for all. Just my Opinion, thanks for sharing that post gary........
Jim
junglejim7
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby garymbuska » Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:23 am

junglejim7 wrote:@garymbuska,
You are right, even in the FSX-SE version, Totally a CPU Hog all the way, including of course FSX w/Accl. I own an AMD Quad Core at 3.4 ghz with 4gb dedicated Video Card, 16gb ram and it still only tweaks out at 28fps. with NO Dense Scenery, just normal. My i7 is a different story. Hence, its all about the CPU Chip and its speed and yet any FSX version still only taps the First Core.
You'd think they'd fix that issue once and for all. Just my Opinion, thanks for sharing that post gary........
Jim

As you can see by my signature what my system specs are I run FSX STEAM maxed out and even use Active Sky 2016 along with Active Sky Cloud Art an manage a descent frame rate of 28 -32 FPS
the trick is to turn down the auto gen and a few other tings and you can get descent frame rates. 8-)
Gary M Buska
SYSTEM Specs ASUS P8Z68 V/GEN 3 mother board: INTELL I7 2600k 3.48 ghz Quad core CPU with Sandy bridge: 12 Gigs of 1800hz ram:
GTX 950 OVER CLOCKED: 2 Gigs Ram Windows 10 Home 64 bit Operating system. 750W Dedicated modular power supply. Two Internal 1TB hard drives 1 External 1TB 3.2 USB hard drive. SAITEK Cessna flight Yoke with throttles.
CH Rudder Peddles 27 inch Wide screen Monitor
garymbuska
Major
Major

Return to Flight Simulator X (FSX) and Steam