Saitek Pro Flight Cessna Trim Wheel

Graphics Cards, Sound Cards, Joysticks, Computers, etc. Ask or advise here!

Re: Saitek Pro Flight Cessna Trim Wheel

Postby Hoorf » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:07 am

Last I saw, Logitech now owns Saitek, some of the gear was last seen available on their site, but none of the Cessna gear whatsoever. Not sure if it was because the rights to the Cessna label were not transferable to Logitech or what, but it'd be great to see all 3 of the Cessna items again. The yoke is far less awkward and balanced ergonomically, the pedals are more realistic and the trim wheel is a terrific add. I got all three at Fry's while the getting was good, glad I did after seeing all the prices lately, even for used. Yeeg.

Before I bought the Cessna gear, there was the traditional yoke but the yoke was far too high up on the shaft to feel balanced, like Cessna. I discovered the plastic piece between the yoke and shaft was held to the yoke by 4 screws so I disassembled the yoke, bored another hole higher up, drilled 4 new screw holes and assembled it all together again. The feel was much better, but it was short-lived after I was forced to sell it all. When the new Cessna gear came home, the yoke was a slice of Heaven. Still got it all and, hate to say it, but it's all stayin' riiiiight here.
Hoorf
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Location: In between the bright lights and the far, unlit unknown...

Postby KeeganOtto » Sat Dec 29, 2018 1:27 am

Ok..... ^-^

So I haven't posted an update for quite some time, I've been working on this trim wheel :)

I had no idea walking into this that I would have so much trouble. I've written a 1987 lines of code and printed uncountable parts that didn't fit together right. Now, I've finally finished!
Geez, that feels like such a short sentence to write after all I've put into this thing

I've already given one to a friend of mine and it's working very well. Hopefully I can replicate this easily in the future.
Last edited by KeeganOtto on Sat Dec 29, 2018 1:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
KeeganOtto
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby KeeganOtto » Sat Dec 29, 2018 1:35 am

KeeganOtto
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Hoorf » Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:28 am

A couple years ago, I wrote to Cessna and asked about whether they'd be interested in re-endorsing a new batch of Saitek Cessna gear because MadCatz sold out to Logitech and there seemed to be a demand for more Cessna gear. Never heard back from Cessna...odd.
Hoorf
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Location: In between the bright lights and the far, unlit unknown...

Previous

Return to Hardware