In between Motorcycling....

If it doesn't fit .. It fits here .. - -

In between Motorcycling....

Postby Fozzer » Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:01 pm

...as the weather is getting colder in the Winter, my thoughts turn to cook lots of heart-warming stuff to eat in between my motorcycle rides.

Sundays Sumptuous Dins.

Roast Pork with Crackling...and Apple Sauce...>>>

...and the final helping with loadsa Veg and Yorkshire Puddings...>>>

A typical English Meal with loadsa Veg...with a few glasses of Cream Sherry!

Paul.....all good stuff!.... :D ....!

Extra!...>>>> https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/b ... d-13719318
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Re: In between Motorcycling....

Postby Anthindelahunt » Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:50 pm

You did a great job spearing it to death. :lol: :lol:

Looks so good.Great winter warmer. :clap:

Nice one Fozzer. :shifty:
Anthindelahunt
Major
Major

Postby Fozzer » Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:03 pm

Anthindelahunt wrote:You did a great job spearing it to death. :lol: :lol:

Looks so good.Great winter warmer. :clap:

Nice one Fozzer. :shifty:

.... :lol: ... :lol: ... :lol: ...!

Fantastic to hear from you Anthin!.... :dance: ....!

My Pork Joint, etc, "spears" ensure that the heat is is transferred through the meat, and is cooked through thoroughly with no blood. or raw/semi-raw stuff!!

I like well-cooked stuff.... with no funny-tummies!

Take care, Anthin.. in all that Ozzy Heat!

Paul....approaching the depths of Winter... :o ....with Roast Pork and Apple Sauce... :D ....!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Anthindelahunt » Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:23 pm

Good to hear from you my friend.
I have been really unwell the past
Month.
I suffered a severe allergy that made my eyes
look like Dracula. :evil:
I could not see the monitor screen.
It is slowly getting better.

Coupled with my spinal problems it has
not been a good time.

Keep warm Fozzer.

Anthin. :shifty: :violin:
Anthindelahunt
Major
Major

Postby Hawkeye07 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:17 am

Well you've done it again Paul. Looks absolutely delicious as always.

I must say though that roast is quite a bit different from the ones you could buy here in the Colonies. Is that a typical grocery store cut or did you get a special cut done by a butcher?

Now if you'll excuse me I have to clean up the drool on my keyboard. :oops: :lol: :lol:

An Aircraft Mechanic only needs two tools, Duct Tape and WD40.
If it moves and it's not supposed to - use the Duct Tape.
If it doesn't move and it's supposed to - use the WD40.

Intel(R) i5 CPU 750 @ 2.67GHz, P55M-UD4, GeForce GTX960 8.00 GB RAM, Windows 7 Ultimate (32 bit & 64 bit on separate HDs)
Hawkeye07
Major
Major

Postby Anthindelahunt » Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:32 am

Me too Hawkeye.
He keeps doing this to us. :naughty:

Anthin...just finishing my curry and watching
Arrow on Netflix.

Anthin. :shifty:
Anthindelahunt
Major
Major

Postby Hawkeye07 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:04 am

Anthindelahunt wrote:Me too Hawkeye.
He keeps doing this to us. :naughty:

Anthin...just finishing my curry and watching
Arrow on Netflix.

He does doesn't he? The rascal!! I went to a new Mexican Restaurant that just opened in town tonight and had a very tasty meal complete with Dos XX Dark Beer. I thought that was the high point of the evening but then I sit down at my computer and discover Chef Paul has concocted another one of his masterpieces, exquisite in it's wholesome simplicity. Just trumped my dinner he did!! :doh: :lol: :lol:

Intel(R) i5 CPU 750 @ 2.67GHz, P55M-UD4, GeForce GTX960 8.00 GB RAM, Windows 7 Ultimate (32 bit & 64 bit on separate HDs)
Hawkeye07
Major
Major

Postby Fozzer » Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:13 am

Hello Hawk and Anthin!

In my local Supermarket, Sainsbury's, (which you see on my Motorcycle trips there), I have a choice of meats; either fresh from the Store Butcher or pre-packed in sealed, clear plastic containers.
The Pork joint you see is/was pre-packed, with string (£2.28). I just score the skin (crackling) with a very sharp knife and spike it all over with Whole Cloves, and spear it with my Skewers to hold it together and transfer the heat!

A Roast Joint of Meat is typical of a British Sunday meal...just like our Mum's prepared for us all when we were small!

Stuff we Brits Eat....>>>> https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/b ... d-13719318

The Shopping, Preparing, Cooking and Serving is all part of the overall experience!

Cooking is FUN!

Paul.....YUMMY... :D ....!
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Hawkeye07 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:03 pm

Hi Paul! Is that "£2.28" per pound or total cost. If it's total cost I'm really surprised because I don't think you could find it here for less than triple that price.

Hawkeye07
Major
Major

Postby Anthindelahunt » Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:14 pm

That is a lot cheaper than here as well. :o

Anthindelahunt
Major
Major

Postby Fozzer » Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:46 pm

Hawkeye07 wrote:Hi Paul! Is that "£2.28" per pound or total cost. If it's total cost I'm really surprised because I don't think you could find it here for less than triple that price.

Hello, Anthin and Hawk...

..I kid you not!

The price for the whole joint was 2 Pounds 28 Pence, in Good Queen Victoria money!

Beef and Lamb joints of meat are slightly more expensive.

Pork stuff is mostly cheaper.

Prepacked meat is more expensive than fresh meat, but just as good if carefully selected!

Cheers, Anthin....

Sorry to hear you are poorly...and a long way from home; Canada and Ireland!

Take care...

Paul.....Roast Ostrich for Dins tomorrow?.... ;) ... ;) ... ;) ...!
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Flying Trucker » Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:48 am

Good morning Paul... ;)

Looks delicious...now I always put gravy on my mashed potatoes and yorkies but not on crispy roast potatoes...they are reserved for chunks of cold butter... ;)

Thanks for the Link

Was surprised to see how the Roast Beef Dinner has dropped so low on the list

We would never think of Pizza or whatever else for a Sunday Dinner

(1) Roast Beef (with a wild game like deer, moose, bear or elk as a complimentary 2nd on a Holiday or Sunday)
(2) Roast Pork (with a wild game like deer, moose, bear or elk as a complimentary 2nd on a Holiday or Sunday)
(3) Roast Chicken (with a wild game like deer, moose, bear or elk as a complimentary 2nd on a Holiday or Sunday)
(4) Roast Turkey, Goose or Duck (Ham with Pineapple...Mustard as a complimentary 2nd on a Holiday or Sunday)
(5) Cottage Roll (this is my favourite) (with cooked or cold fruit bowl)

Yorkshire Pudding or Sussex Pudding (which is Yorkshire Pudding with Lipton's Onion Soup Mix Added...very tasty) along with Mashed and Crispy Roasted Potatoes are always staples
I like Turnip, Parsnip, Brussels Sprouts, Spinach, Beets and different types of Salads
Extra Hot Horseradish is always nice

I don't eat much fish (the old girl does) but when I do I like Halibut and we usually have a complimentary meat with it even if it is Cold Cuts.
Cheers...Happy Landings...Doug
Flying Trucker
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Fozzer » Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:41 pm

Thanks for the reply, Dug!

You reminded me...>>> Roast Potatoes!

I remember to do them now and again, but what puts me off slightly, is the necessity to fry them in Fat or Cooking Oil

Together with Sugar and Salt, I try to use as little Oil in my cooking as much as possible.

Deep fat frying is a definite No-No!.... :o ....!

A nice Roast Potato recipe...>>>

https://www.bbc.com/food/recipes/roastpotatoes_92811

...which I must remember, next Sunday Dinner-time!.... ;) ....with Goose Fat!... :lol: ...(Jars of it in Sainsbury's Store)...!!

Paul....a big/massive bowl of home-made Chicken and Vegetable soup with fresh crusty bread and butter, for Supper, in a minute...or less!

...with a small? glass of California Napa Valley red wine... :D ....(Good for thinning the blood...in small quantities!)... :dance: .....!

...and the result...>>>> Image
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Flying Trucker » Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:38 am

Goodly morning Paul... <<v

Thanks for the Link

With regards to crispy roasted potatoes...

The old girl does them around the roast and then bastes them with the juices in the bottom of the roast pan...she does this several times

Potatoes always seem to come out soft on the inside and brown and crispy on the outside...very seldom does she cook roast potatoes in a separate pan...
Now, I do...sprinkling a little olive oil on the quartered potatoes and mixing them in a bag of Lipton Onion Soup Mix or another seasoning I will put the potatoes in the oven in their own pan alongside the roast... they still come out the same way as the Old Girls but with a different flavour ... some veggies are great this way also...
Cheers...Happy Landings...Doug
Flying Trucker
Colonel
Colonel

Return to General Discussion