DHC-3 "Otter"

Showcasing specific payware addon products. This forum is where the aim of the shot is payware products. Please upload images to Simviation before posting

DHC-3 "Otter"

Postby Flying Trucker » Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:00 pm

Good afternoon all and a snowy day it is... :dance:

Old Girl is out so did a few touch and goes on this electronic gizmo...

Windows 10 Home Edition and Microsoft FSX Deluxe with Acceleration
Orbx Scenery and Weather Themes
Simulated Aircraft...Virtualcol FS Software DHC-3 Otter
The step into the rear passenger door on starboard side is missing along with escape hatch in roof
All and all not a bad package for use with FSX...there is a wheel, wheel ski, float and amphibian in several different liveries
Have had this for some time and usually use one of the amphibians
Simulated Flight:
From Friday Harbor "KFHR" in the United States
To Victoria Intl. "CYYJ" Canada
Simulated Flight is not direct
Navigation using GPS and Plan GV3 on 2nd Monitor

With this Model I could not eliminate the 7 Words (Flight, Aircraft, World etc...) from top of Flight Screen on the left side using the "A" Key
I could at one time but now hitting the "A" Key just brings up another screen... :think:

The old stone-boat is just plodding along...

Banking to Port

GPS shows some info of the simulated flight (Notice NAV/GPS TOGGLE POSITION) In the GPS Position for the Cross Country

Starboard side...step missing under rear entrance door (also no escape hatch in roof)

On Final "CYYJ" (Notice the NAV/GPS TOGGLE POSITION) Now in the NAV Position to capture the Approach

Comments and advice most welcome...
Cheers...Happy Landings...Doug
Flying Trucker
Colonel
Colonel

Re: DHC-3 "Otter"

Postby Dave T » Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:23 pm

Nice shots, holding the alt key down for a few seconds removes the tool bar at the top of the screen, pressing the alt key brings up the top toolbar.
Dave T
Major
Major

Postby FabioL » Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:09 pm

Someone posted some replacement VC textures for this aircraft, I think possibly at Flightsim.com.
Also, there are some revised engine aircraft.CFG parameters available to tweak the aircrafts pwrformance, I think for the piston and turbine models.

I quite liked the VC DHC-3, at least for short hops for a short period of time, though it was quickly superseded by the better JustFlight and/or Milviz models.

There’s also a nice version available for XP.

Great machines these, timeless classics!

Fabio
FabioL
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Flying Trucker » Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:02 am

Thanks Dave... :dance:

Been awhile since was on this electronic gizmo to do a simulated flight so forgot which key to use :think: :doh:

The Old Girl and I still go home to the Old Homestead to fly with our family (when number one dummy is home and not out aviating in that C17 Spam Can of his)

We spend time at several bugsmasher fields where we are club members so it is difficult to find a lot of time to get on this electronic gizmo (besides these electronic gizmo's hate me) to do any simulated flying.

Still waiting for the kids & grandchildren to build me a motion simulator...they have not finished theirs yet...(keep telling them you have to stay home to get anything done) Well we did manage to get the C185 off the Amphibs and the Wheel/Skis back on...we had 6 inches of snow last week, now today one could mow the grass...no snow in the forecast...this coming week...

I prefer the snow and minus 30 C weather for flying...opens up a whole new world for flying off frozen lakes and rivers not to mention snow covered fields...
Folks should try Winter Camping...NO BUGS... :lol:

It is not Christmas or Winter without snow...and lots of it... ;)
Flying Trucker
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Flying Trucker » Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:12 am

Thanks FabioL... :clap:

Much appreciated for the information and comments...

Do think I need to look at these packages you mentioned...(JustFlight and/or Milviz models)

Am holding off until I can see what the Family are going to build me that is why I am still using Microsoft FSX Deluxe and Acceleration..

Not sure what Operating System I shall go too or what Flight Simulator. Will let Family decide that as they are more into these electronic gizmos than I am...
Flying Trucker
Colonel
Colonel

Return to Payware Screenshot Showcase