Piper Arrow III gauges are in-operable

FSX including FSX Steam version.

Piper Arrow III gauges are in-operable

Postby OleGreyGhost » Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:58 am

I recently downloaded Piper-Turbo-Arrow-III-v1.3 & love the way it handles. But for some reason the majority of the gauges do not function and/or display properly.
The graphic below shows the panel in the Piper Arrow III & what I found to be non-functional.

Also there are problems with the pop-up windows:

1. The GNS/GPS is totally non-functional.

2. The mini-panel background graphic is displayed with only two gauges. The turn/bank indicator in the second cut-out ( should be VSI indicator ) & the compass in the far right cut-out. The rest are blank.

3. Real Engine panel displays a gray background only. ( No info ).

4. Auto-pilot & ignition key are fully functional

In the panel.cfg file are the references to the different gauges which are located in different *.cab files listed as such:
gauge00=fs9gps!gps500 refers to #1 above, but it does not work. I noticed inside the cab file that it is listed as gps_500.xml. So I tried it as gauge00=fs9gps!gps_500. That didn't work either.

In the mini-panel window there is a reference to Turbo_Arrow_III_gauges! which is probably a cab file & within that file are these gauges:
Airspeed indicator, engine_gauges_minipanel, altitude & vsi.

It also contains most of the gauges plus the radios in the main VC panel. That cab file is missing. The compass & turn bank indicator are in different cab files that are present & functioning.

Other cab files that seem to be missing are:

RealEngine_PA-28R-201T!
FP_28RT!
FP_M803v6!
FP_HOBBS!

Any assistance in locating these files & getting this to function properly will be greatly appreciated....

If this is in the wrong place, please feel free to move it. I just noticed the Panel & scenery forum. Should have explored before posting, not after. I apologize.....
OleGreyGhost
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: Piper Arrow III gauges are in-operable

Postby Dave T » Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:03 am

Is it this one for fsx
Two folders Gauges and SimObjects the contents of Gauges go into the main gauges folder FSX
and the Piper Turbo Arrow III goes into the SimObjects airplane folder.
Dave T
Major
Major

Re: Piper Arrow III gauges are in-operable

Postby OleGreyGhost » Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:58 pm

Thanks for the quick response,

That is the one. I checked & there wasn't any gauges folder. Seems the download might have gotten corrupted.

Will be picking up another one shortly.

Cheers....
OleGreyGhost
Ground hog
Ground hog

Return to Flight Simulator X (FSX) and Steam