Fine Bargains on Payware... & only a few days to cash in

General discussion about payware add-ons

Fine Bargains on Payware... & only a few days to cash in

Postby akoyeh » Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:08 pm

Yet another reason to love FS2004. For less than the cost of 1 decent payware plane I grabbed 5 today. FSPilotShop, all Carenado... my only payware planes now.
Piper Cherokee 180F, Cessna 182Q, PA-28-181 Archer II, PA32R 301 Saratoga SP, and the CT210 Centurion II -- all 5 for less than $23 USD. Seriously.

https://www.fspilotshop.com/aircraft-fs ... rt1=&tags=

Been waiting for this, glad I was patient. Only a couple of days left to this deep sale. Suggest: Getting after it whilst we can.

*edit* -- Please feel free to list other 2018 seasonal FS2004 bargains on this thread.

akoyeh
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Fine Bargains on Payware... & only a few days to cash in

Postby Hoorf » Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:18 pm

Thank YOU for the heads-up on this, just got the Piper Arrow, decided I wanted to be David Carradine trying to outfly the druggies' P-51 on Cloud Dancer. Frohe Weihnachten! Vielen Dank!
Hoorf
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Location: In between the bright lights and the far, unlit unknown...

Postby akoyeh » Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:48 pm

Hoorf wrote:Thank YOU for the heads-up on this, just got the Piper Arrow, decided I wanted to be David Carradine trying to outfly the druggies' P-51 on Cloud Dancer. Frohe Weihnachten! Vielen Dank!

Danke for the nice comments, Hoorf. :-) Hope the Arrow is good for you. As an additional heads-up for all: Personally, I'd avoid the BT-210 Centurian II. Lots of problems, not even a license with it (though it was worth the 5 bucks to see as well as spread a wee warning for everyone). However, the Cherokee 180F is wonderful so far, love it! The 182Q and the Archer are both pretty good, though I'm having difficulties turning off the Archer's cabin lights at night (maybe it's in the references). Haven't got to the Saratoga yet, probably tomorrow.

akoyeh
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Hoorf » Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:14 pm

akoyeh wrote:
Hoorf wrote:Thank YOU for the heads-up on this, just got the Piper Arrow, decided I wanted to be David Carradine trying to outfly the druggies' P-51 on Cloud Dancer. Frohe Weihnachten! Vielen Dank!

Danke for the nice comments, Hoorf. :-) Hope the Arrow is good for you. As an additional heads-up for all: Personally, I'd avoid the BT-210 Centurian II. Lots of problems, not even a license with it (though it was worth the 5 bucks to see as well as spread a wee warning for everyone). However, the Cherokee 180F is wonderful so far, love it! The 182Q and the Archer are both pretty good, though I'm having difficulties turning off the Archer's cabin lights at night (maybe it's in the references). Haven't got to the Saratoga yet, probably tomorrow..

No problemo. I'm a sucker for a nice T-tail aircraft *coughcough*Q400!!!*coughcough*
Hoorf
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Hoorf » Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:28 pm

Just ordered the wheeled C172N, too. Had to...which hangar doesn't have a 172? 8-)
Hoorf
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby akoyeh » Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:17 am

Good, good. :-) Have now stretched my small budget and purchased a total of 7 now, all for less than the price of one average payware these days (have spent less than $37.50 USD for all 7 planes). The best bargains are for FS2004, yea!

Again though: if the CT210 Centurian interests anyone then avoid the FSPilotShop on that one. Get it from Carenado themselves: https://www.carenado.com/sitecarenado/shop/ <-- FS2004 mixed in with the rest of the sale offerings on pages 10 - 15. Their direct CT210 download comes with the proper licensing, whereas the one from PilotShop not only had none but also during attempted installation went directly from licensing agreement into the installation, no alternate choice of installation path or anything - BAM! Nope, not the way I do things. In all fairness though, all other purchases through PilotShop were just fine and proper.

Sale is until the 16th, everything including for FSX, P3D, and X-Plane. Mighty-fine deals for decent sim planes, in my opinion.

akoyeh
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Hoorf » Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:48 pm

Just looked again, now they have an old-skool FS2004 Skylane for free. Gratis. Nada. Zippo Dinero. Cheggidout at https://www.fspilotshop.com/flysimware- ... -2806.html
, and Fröhliche Weihnachten!
Hoorf
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby akoyeh » Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:46 am

Hoorf wrote:Just looked again, now they have an old-skool FS2004 Skylane for free. Gratis. Nada. Zippo Dinero. Cheggidout at https://www.fspilotshop.com/flysimware- ... ml?ref=372

That download has been there since there was hair. Wouldn't waste my time with it, as I certainly did over a decade ago. There are reasons why it's free at a payware store.

akoyeh
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Roypcox » Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:37 am

Thanks for spreading the news on the bargains!! Roy
Roypcox
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby akoyeh » Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:56 am

Roypcox wrote:Thanks for spreading the news on the bargains!! Roy

My pleasure in more ways than three. :-) Carenado are especially generous this year towards stalwart fliers of FS2004. Until their seasonal sale there were no payware planes in my sim hanger. Now there are many. Would have never been able to afford such a luxury without their sale. All of my payware until now was limited to systematic buffer mesh files (FSGenesis) along with 76m global .bgl's (FS Global 2008), adjustable ground textures (GEPro), and vectors (UT). My sim is now nearly complete, very satisfying. Thank you Carenado, you've done a very nice thing for us. Today is the final day of their holidays sale for FS2004, FSX, P3D, and X-Plane.

A $4 USD Carenado FS2004 Piper Cherokee, worth it at twice the price. Am planning on taking her sister, the Archer II, on a flight down memory lane soon.

akoyeh
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Return to Payware