Psalm 23:4 Repaint

A great entry on the design ladder, repainting can be rewarding & fun! Learn how here! (Not for repaint requests)

Psalm 23:4 Repaint

Postby Colt1775 » Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:51 pm

This stinks that I have to ask someone to do this but I've been thinking for a while it would be really cool to have repaints with scripture painted on them.
Pslam 23:4 would go on something like an F16 or F22, it says "Yea, though I walk through valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with
me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me."

Or use your imagination to repaint scenes from biblical prophesy out of the book of Revelation.

But having scripture pinned along a planes wings or around and emblem like a star or circle on the fuselage would be awesome.

If I need to go into more detail just say so.
Colt1775
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: Psalm 23:4 Repaint

Postby Colt1775 » Thu Oct 02, 2014 5:35 pm

SERIOULY!?!?!? 114 views and no replies!?!?!? If I could repaint stuff and I saw this I'd do it in a heart beat!!!! This is a brilliant idea people! For cryin' out loud!!! I know there's someone out there in these repaint forums that would love to see their favorite scripture on an airplane or something! What a shame.
Colt1775
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Fozzer » Thu Oct 02, 2014 5:58 pm

The reason for no replies?...>>>

Profile Quote:
".....I also love going to church and talking about God. That means I will not compromise my faith for anyone or anything......"
End quote.

The ultimate turn-off!

Paul.
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby logjam » Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:29 pm

I think enuff said. Why bring up scriptures for warplanes? I can see someone like Virgin Airlines painting Matthew 1:23 all over the wings, but a military 'plane? For heavens sake.
logjam
Major
Major

Postby Colt1775 » Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:07 pm

Because that's what Psalm 23:4 it's the warriors prayer so it should go on a warplane.

And yes I will not compromise my faith for anyone or anything but how's that stopping anyone from replying? Is it because I'm a freak or what!?
Liberals should just deal with it!! if someone needs help or would like something to be made then it should be done.

This is a great idea and if they can't see that because I'm not scared to be a Christian then they have no business doing repaints and such.
Colt1775
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby HangerBoy2014 » Fri Oct 03, 2014 1:59 am

Colt1775

Let me know what plane you had in mind (colour scheme, design, scripture) and I will give it my best shot to repaint it for you :)
HangerBoy2014
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Colt1775 » Fri Oct 03, 2014 1:50 pm

Actually it's more of a series type of thing. All modern warplanes (F14-F35) white on bottom digital camo on top (with variations to match environment types and specialty colors like coal black or standard gray) and let's say have the scripture on the edges of the wings or written on the fuselage. It can just bet the name of the book, chapter, verse. Like say 2nd Corinthians 5:17. That could be written on the like this

2nd (behind canopy)
Corinthians (middle of fuselage)
5 (can't think of the term but on the left side next to the vertical fin things)
17 (right side of vertical find (again can't think of the term)

See how it kind of lines up with the shape of the plane?

Or have it follow a wings shape. Take an F22's wings you could combine two pieces of scripture. Psalm 23:4 on the left and Psalm 18:2 on the right written in KJV.
With all the letters right side up. No one wants to have to turn their head in awkward positions to try and read what's written.

I have plenty more ideas of stuff but I could see this and becoming a very popular series
Colt1775
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby zswobbie1 » Wed Oct 08, 2014 6:33 am

I do aplogise if the following offends, but this IS an aviation forum...

Many years ago, FS2002, I think it was, someone released a flying man & a flying woman, in their birthday suits, I kid you not! The 'G' button released an interesting undercarriage!

Bare with me, (lol) I'm getting there....
On another forum we had a similar discussion re the following ..
Imagine this... how about a flight with, lets say a Sopwith Camel/whatever with a halo on the wings/tail, flying against a triplane with a trident on the tail?

Also imagine the flying man with wings, flying with one in red?

No offence to anyone meant, but seeing FS is pretty much a sandbox for interesting stuff??
zswobbie1
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby Hoorf » Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:39 pm

I repainted a pastor's plane once...problem was that I underestimated the amount of paint needed to get the job done. So, I painted, painted, and it became obvious I wasn't gonna make it to the end, so I started using a little bit of thinner...still not gonna make it. More thinner...no makee. Kept at it until finally it was all done and both paint & thinner were used up. The paint looked good at the nose, rather anemic at the tail. I looked up, realizing my problem and asked God what to do...

The clouds closed in, it got dark. There was a very bright flash of lightning, a massive peal of thunder. Then a booming voice came down: "REPAINT! AND THIN NO MORE!"
Hoorf
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Location: In between the bright lights and the far, unlit unknown...

Return to Aircraft Repainting