i crack up

What are you laughing at?

i crack up

Postby yancovitch » Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:09 pm

others may just find it amusing,
but i crack up every time i think about it over the years....maybe it's because it's because my friend is such a sensitive fellow....................he was a tenor in a production of aida at the vancouver opera house, and was one of the troupe of soldiers marching on stage, when he accidentally stepped on the sandal of the soldier in front of him, which came off......so the fellow in front, who is also a friend,and who's a very prim and proper fellow, had to continue the march bare footed.....i can imagine the fellows behind, glancing down at the sandal on the floor, or even tripping on it and wondering who it was.......and when they gather and line up back stage, one of them with a red face, they can watch the lead singers perform, with the sandal is lying there in the middle of the stage....
hmmmmmmm....i wonder if there is any humor in the world without someone being a victim.......
yancovitch
Major
Major

Location: born montreal, lived vancouver, now live in burns lake bc.

Re: i crack up

Postby FlexibleFlier » Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:50 pm

It's bee said that Humor = tragedy+time. I think "distance" also qualifies as "time" in the sense of the one finding humor in the "tragedy" is far enough removed from it to not be negatively affected.
FlexibleFlier
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: i crack up

Postby Hoorf » Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:56 pm

It's artefacts like these which truly make events like these unique and memorable. Without them, life'd be pret-ty darn boring.
Hoorf
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Location: In between the bright lights and the far, unlit unknown...

Return to Humour