North American AT-6 "Texan", ID please.

Forum dedicated to Microsoft FS2004 - "A Century of Flight".

North American AT-6 "Texan", ID please.

Postby Jean Loup » Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:09 am

BUENOS DíAS a TODOS:
I am confused about this ID of a Texan. It has a german flag & a french flag on the vertical stabilizer, plus a logo on the side that I do not fathom either. Also, registration is D for Deutschland:

MUCHAS GRACiAS <<q <<q <<q
...LiCENSE & REGiSTRATiON !!
Jean Loup
Captain
Captain

Re: North American AT-6 "Texan", ID please.

Postby mickthemiller » Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:46 am

This is an ex South African Airforce Harvard aircraft. The logon on the side is a Springbok antelope inside a shape depicting that of the old fortress in Cape Town. The red white and blue flag is probably because South Africa is a member of the British Commonwealth. The SAAF had many of these (a Hundred +). The Harvard was a version of the North American AT6. I personally have worked on most of the SAAF Harvards as an aircraft electrician. These served in the SAAF up until the mid 90's whereby they were auction off. This particular one probably was bought by a German enthusiast. I hope this throws some light on your question.
mickthemiller
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: North American AT-6 "Texan", ID please.

Postby Jean Loup » Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:50 am

mickthemiller wrote:This is an ex South African Airforce Harvard aircraft. The logon on the side is a Springbok antelope inside a shape depicting that of the old fortress in Cape Town. The red white and blue flag is probably because South Africa is a member of the British Commonwealth. The SAAF had many of these (a Hundred +). The Harvard was a version of the North American AT6. I personally have worked on most of the SAAF Harvards as an aircraft electrician. These served in the SAAF up until the mid 90's whereby they were auction off. This particular one probably was bought by a German enthusiast. I hope this throws some light on your question.

MUCHAS GRACiAS, Mick <<q <<q <<q
...LiCENSE & REGiSTRATiON !!
Jean Loup
Captain
Captain

Return to FS 2004 - A Century of Flight