Serene Skies for FS2004

Forum dedicated to Microsoft FS2004 - "A Century of Flight".

Serene Skies for FS2004

Postby akoyeh » Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:04 pm

The above shot is 10 minutes after Sunrise at 50 miles visibility while flying Mr. Milton Shupe's great hand-flyer, the Spartan. Was like two people wrestling in a potato sack over where exactly to post my announcement. Done is done, for as the post contained so many screenshots it's here: https://forums.simviation.com/phpBB3/vi ... 2&t=179163 These are 10 sets of daily-rotating sky textures that will freshen up your FS2004 with good realism overall, subtle though real differences in each of the 10 days. This package is to be FREEWARE, and just as soon as the ReadMe and ReadMe2 are completed then the package will be uploaded here at Simviation. May FS2004 continue to live on for many happy years to come.

Cleverness is mere opinion, bewilderment is intuition.

akoyeh
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Serene Skies for FS2004

Postby Milton » Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:34 pm

Beautiful work Sir; thanks for sharing and contributing to others' enjoyment.

Milton Shupe
Milton
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby Shadowcaster » Sun Oct 28, 2018 4:56 am

That is very classy, I can see FS2004 being dusted of for many of us. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Cheers
Rich
All I ask is the chance to prove that money can't make me happy.

Spike Milligan
Shadowcaster
Major
Major

Postby Roypcox » Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:35 pm

Thanks to you both for that beautiful screen shot and the wonderful Spartan aircraft by Mr. Shupe
Roypcox
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby papituwall » Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:46 pm

Nice to see these good FS2004 pictures and the great Milton Shupe here!
Just installed FS2004 in my "high end win10 PC" and enjoying Milton's Howard. Any chance of a P3DV4 version?
Not easy to run FS9 in Win 10 but finally success.
papituwall
Captain
Captain

Postby Bofredrik » Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:20 pm

Downloaded and installed. GREAT!!! :o
Bofredrik
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby akoyeh » Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:48 pm

Am pleased to let you know that the "Serene Skies" textures are uploaded and posted on Simviation under FS2004/Scenery. May they enrich and freshen up your flights.

Milton wrote:Beautiful work Sir; thanks for sharing and contributing to others' enjoyment.

Back at you, Milton. Of all developers your work has, is, and will be among those giving me so much pleasure over the course of years. Thank you many times over.

Shadowcaster wrote:That is very classy, I can see FS2004 being dusted of for many of us. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Appreciated, Rich, fine sentiments you are expressing. FS2004 remains a solid platform. 32 bit, less displaying prowess than others, sure... but solid.

Roypcox wrote:Thanks to you both for that beautiful screen shot and the wonderful Spartan aircraft by Mr. Shupe

You are welcome, Roy. The Spartan is a wonderful FS aircraft. Am never weary of flying her, a relaxing plane for dreamy flights.

papituwall wrote:Nice to see these good FS2004 pictures and the great Milton Shupe here!
Just installed FS2004 in my "high end win10 PC" and enjoying Milton's Howard. Any chance of a P3DV4 version?

Yes, it took work to get FS2004 running in W10, not easy as you say... though easy things present no challenges. Not a simple task to run FS2004 in Windows 10 initially... but finally success thanks to Simviation among others. Had begun my sky developments back in FSX (sounds a bit funny to put it that way) nearly a decade ago though few sky sets made it to uploading, as one needed the payware FEX as well as my online participation back then being intermittent to say the least. Can't upload without an online connection, though there were some halfway decent skies resulting from my work, in my estimation. Here's a few shots from that FSX work from when I was residing in Ontario, Oregon, along the Snake River next to Idaho, featuring the RealAir Turbine Duke as well as my FEX designed clouds and waters:

Now, it's all FS2004. No, no P3D here, never has been, and along with that: No regrets.

akoyeh
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby akoyeh » Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:46 pm

Bofredrik wrote:Downloaded and installed. GREAT!!! :o

My apology for not responding sooner, Bo. Had been composing the prior lengthy post as you replied and did not notice your message until 10 minutes ago. Am pleased the sky textures are agreeing with you so far, thank you for your trying them out. Am about 1/4 Swedish, and had just left my mother's side of the family in Stockholm, flying out minutes ago from ESSA. It's presently quite raining there right now nearing dawn...

...though flying Milton Shupe's mighty Aero Commander 500 I am undeterred. Perhaps some filmjölk with knäckebröd for breakfast next trip? Strong coffee would be nice too.

Thanks for being the first to comment on my work, Bo, much appreciated.

akoyeh
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby napamule » Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:08 pm

Nice pics and info. I still have and use FS9. The 'weather' in sim (next to engine sounds) is vital and important. One thing though: your pics are 1100 x 700 and barely fit in my screen. You could make them 900 x XXX and when you click on picture it will be presented FULL SCREEN. As it is now the '+' (top left corner of pic) will do nothing - the pic is already (past) 'full screen'. Just saying. Cheers.
Chuck B
Napamule
napamule
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby hertzie » Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:04 am

Thanks thanks thanks for keeping FS9 alive! Superb works!!

hertzie
hertzie
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby akoyeh » Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:46 am

napamule wrote:Nice pics and info. I still have and use FS9. The 'weather' in sim (next to engine sounds) is vital and important.

Howdy, Chuck, thanks. Absolutely, and great points you're making--> The weather and the engine sounds both are critical to my sim enjoyment as well. Have flown several FS aircraft that were otherwise excellent but was never able to find a soundpack to suit to my satisfaction. Am picky like that too, as we artists can be hard to please sometimes, eh?

napamule wrote:One thing though: your pics are 1100 x 700 and barely fit in my screen. You could make them 900 x XXX and when you click on picture it will be presented FULL SCREEN. As it is now the '+' (top left corner of pic) will do nothing - the pic is already (past) 'full screen'. Just saying. Cheers.

Yeah, could do a lot of things, though there are always reasons that my shots are posted as they are.

They vary in size and weight from time to time. It's one thing that makes me a free spirit...

...but nevertheless, Chuck, am appreciating your input. *Note to self*- Post Chuck a big, fat 1800 pixel-wide screenshot in the future.

Incidentally, the above 2 shots are depicting the default sailplane with upgraded flight dynamics (available here at Simviation in the files library) along with one of the upcoming "Bright Skies" sky sets I'm working on. Ah, Switzerland!

Long live Gerry Anderson's work, it's the marvel of the age! Rising up from the Black Rock desert in Nevada.

hertzie wrote:Thanks thanks thanks for keeping FS9 alive! Superb works!!

You deserve just as much credit for keeping the good ole' flightsim alive as well, hertzie. Thank you!

akoyeh
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Return to FS 2004 - A Century of Flight