but I don't HAVE any frickin' duplicates!!

FSX including FSX Steam version.

but I don't HAVE any frickin' duplicates!!

Postby scramper » Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:12 am

Every time I fire up fsx, I get a string of messages like the following, sometimes even repeating the same message:

"There are multiple objects with the same title name.
They must have unique title names.

de Havilland Hornet F MK 3 paint
SimObjects \Airplanes\de Havilland Hornet F Mk III"

Okay, I can see where that could be a problem, except that it isn't true! I don't have ANY duplicate folders, nor folders within folders, nor any individual files that are dupes w/i the same folder. It's getting to where it takes over 5 minutes to just to keep pressing the "close" button, and even then, occasionally , the program just crashes. Does anyone have any ideas, answers, or a big hammer I could borrow? Please help! :evil:
scramper
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: but I don't HAVE any frickin' duplicates!!

Postby Shadowcaster » Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:38 pm

I think that the problem is that there errors in the Aircraft .cfg file
[fltsim.0]
title=VickersViscount_800_LHvint
sim=Viscount_800

[fltsim.1]
title=VickersViscount_800_AerLing
sim=Viscount_800

If the title is not different for each variation then it will throw up that error. As you can see the first one is LHvint and the second AerLing if those entries both said

[fltsim.0]
title=VickersViscount_800
sim=Viscount_800

[fltsim.1]
title=VickersViscount_800
sim=Viscount_800

Then you would get that error.

HTH
Cheers
Rich
All I ask is the chance to prove that money can't make me happy.

Spike Milligan
Shadowcaster
Major
Major

Postby Hagar » Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:50 pm

This error message is caused by having more than one variation of an installed aircraft with the same title= name in Aircraft.cfg.
This would be title= de Havilland Hornet F MK 3 paint in your example.
In this instance the culprit will be located in the de Havilland Hornet F Mk III folder in your Airplanes directory.

This can happen when installing a repaint or another version of the same aircraft in a separate folder. It's easily fixed by changing the offending entry.
As you have several different errors locating them might take a while. I seem to remember a little utility that would help fix the problem. If I find it I'll get back to you.

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
Member of the Fox Four Group
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby javelin9r » Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:07 pm

Your problem is definately in the aircraft cfg titling. I have 3 x A3 Skywarriors, and I used to get that message, and I just did this: Put sequentual numbers after the title name.
You could also try searching through your sim objects / airplane folder using the same error message title, in my case, it was A-3 Skywarrior

[fltsim.0]
title= A-3 Skywarrior 1
sim=Alpha_A-3
model=
panel=
sound=
texture=
KB_checklists=skywarrior_check
kb_reference=
ui_manufacturer=Douglas
ui_type=A-3 Skywarrior
ui_variation=On Display USS Yorktown Charleston SC
atc_id_color=0x00000000
atc_heavy=0
atc_id_font=Verdana,-11,1,600,0
visual_damage=0
atc_id=
atc_airline=
atc_flight_number=
atc_parking_types=MIL_COMBAT

[fltsim.1]
title= A-3 Skywarrior 2
sim=Alpha_A-3
model=
panel=
sound=
texture=142404
kb_reference=
ui_manufacturer=Douglas
ui_type=A-3 Skywarrior
ui_variation=
atc_id_color=0x00000000
atc_heavy=0
visual_damage=0
atc_id=
atc_airline=
atc_flight_number=

[fltsim.2]
title= A-3 Skywarrior 3
sim=Alpha_A-3
model=
panel=
sound=
texture=147663
kb_reference=
ui_manufacturer=Douglas
ui_type=A-3 Skywarrior
ui_variation=
atc_id_color=0x00000000
atc_heavy=0
visual_damage=0
atc_id=
atc_airline=
atc_flight_number=
javelin9r
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Hagar » Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:56 pm

This little utility might help. ACA2017 Light v2.0.2 here --> http://aifs2.pvdveen.net/?page_id=5

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
Member of the Fox Four Group
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby scramper » Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:12 am

Okay, That is what I will work on to see if it is a fix. I am brand new to this and I have to admit to going a little overboard in collecting different models, so it may take awhile to iron out. As a side note, I was never into gaming at all, but I find this to be very challenging and rewarding, along with the simple pleasure of learning something new. I may even try to go for a pilot's license irl. Anyway, thanks a ton for all your help, I can't believe how generous this community is--I was never made to feel like a "noob" and that seems to be rare! And I am reasonably certain that this is not the last time I will be asking for help. Thanks a lot guys/gals! Don <<v
scramper
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby javelin9r » Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:08 am

You are never too old to ask, or learn.
javelin9r
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby garymbuska » Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:03 am

Just keep one thing in mind
There is no such thing as a dumb question
That is one of the things I like about this place you are never treated like a noobie.
You will find someone here to help with just about anything you might run across.

8-)
Gary M Buska
SYSTEM Specs ASUS P8Z68 V/GEN 3 mother board: INTELL I7 2600k 3.48 ghz Quad core CPU with Sandy bridge: 12 Gigs of 1800hz ram:
GTX 950 OVER CLOCKED: 2 Gigs Ram Windows 10 Home 64 bit Operating system. 750W Dedicated modular power supply. Two Internal 1TB hard drives 1 External 1TB 3.2 USB hard drive. SAITEK Cessna flight Yoke with throttles.
CH Rudder Peddles 27 inch Wide screen Monitor
garymbuska
Major
Major

Postby Roypcox » Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:38 pm

And I will have to second that!!! Glad to have you on board with us. Enjoy you flights and new learning experience. Roy
Roypcox
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby garymbuska » Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:24 am

scramper wrote:Okay, That is what I will work on to see if it is a fix. I am brand new to this and I have to admit to going a little overboard in collecting different models, so it may take awhile to iron out. As a side note, I was never into gaming at all, but I find this to be very challenging and rewarding, along with the simple pleasure of learning something new. I may even try to go for a pilot's license irl. Anyway, thanks a ton for all your help, I can't believe how generous this community is--I was never made to feel like a "noob" and that seems to be rare! And I am reasonably certain that this is not the last time I will be asking for help. Thanks a lot guys/gals! Don <<v

If you want to learn to fly there are several options
First of all this will not be cheap by a long shot
You have to have training and that is the most expensive part depending upon how quick you can learn you will need a minimum of 8 hours of dual flight time before you can solo.
after you solo you will only have to pay for renting the aircraft . You have to have at least 40 hours of flight time before a FAA person will sit with you to give you the final test.
If you know nothing about aircraft than i would suggest you go to a ground school as that will help you a lot.
I started to learn but had to give it up as it was to costly and that was a long time ago prices have doubled if not tripled by now.
But there are schools such as Emery Riddle and others and you can even take a loan out.
Some 40 years ago I paid $20.00 an hour for the aircraft and another $30.00 an hour for the trainer and that was in a single engine Piper Cherokee
I had started in a Cessna 50 but did not like the way it stalled it scared the you know what out of me. But that is because it is a high wing aircraft (The wings are above the fuselage ) Most Cessna's are this way
but Piper's are low wing aircraft and when they stall it is like going over a speed bump in a car no FISH TAILING which you better know how to correct or else.
This is by far the easiest aircraft I ever flew. The hardest part was getting used to steering with your feet when taxing you want to turn the yoke but that will not work on the ground. 8-)
Gary M Buska
SYSTEM Specs ASUS P8Z68 V/GEN 3 mother board: INTELL I7 2600k 3.48 ghz Quad core CPU with Sandy bridge: 12 Gigs of 1800hz ram:
GTX 950 OVER CLOCKED: 2 Gigs Ram Windows 10 Home 64 bit Operating system. 750W Dedicated modular power supply. Two Internal 1TB hard drives 1 External 1TB 3.2 USB hard drive. SAITEK Cessna flight Yoke with throttles.
CH Rudder Peddles 27 inch Wide screen Monitor
garymbuska
Major
Major

Return to Flight Simulator X (FSX) and Steam