X-Plane vs P3d Airport ONLY Scenery?

If it doesn't fit .. It fits here .. - -

X-Plane vs P3d Airport ONLY Scenery?

Postby LTCSZ » Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:10 pm

Hi: I have perhaps a unique way of enjoying my flight simulation...I like to fly around airports; Not between airports, but around them, doing touch and go's, approaches, etc...I would appreciate anyone's opinions on which simulator, X-Plane or P3d has the best, most realistic scenery airport addons, both payware and player made...I plan to upgrade to one or the other simulators soon, and want to make the buy that would be most enjoyable for me...Again; not interested in add-on textures, mesh and so on...Just airports! Thanks for the advice...

Steve in Kansas
LTCSZ
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: X-Plane vs P3d Airport ONLY Scenery?

Postby Flacke » Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:38 am

LTCSZ wrote:Hi: I have perhaps a unique way of enjoying my flight simulation...I like to fly around airports; Not between airports, but around them, doing touch and go's, approaches, etc...I would appreciate anyone's opinions on which simulator, X-Plane or P3d has the best, most realistic scenery airport addons, both payware and player made...I plan to upgrade to one or the other simulators soon, and want to make the buy that would be most enjoyable for me...Again; not interested in add-on textures, mesh and so on...Just airports! Thanks for the advice...

Steve in Kansas

Hi Steve. Both have great airports and airport addons that are very realistic . You could look them up in YOUTUBE videos and see which you like best. I really suggest that you download and fly the XPane 11 free Demo first. Its very "different" and its good to learn it somewhat before you spend any money. I often fly around airports and their environments as you do and its one of the many joys of flight-simming. Good luck with your choice.
Flacke
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby papituwall » Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:30 am

From your explanation I deduce that you have a Flight simulator, Which one are you using?
papituwall
Captain
Captain

Postby LTCSZ » Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:30 am

I am currently using FS2004
LTCSZ
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby papituwall » Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:23 am

If you are with FS2004, then the jump to Prepar3D will be easy for you. There is an important commonality between the interfaces of both simulators.

In terms of quality the addon airports are similar between X-plane and Prepar3D, in terms of quantity i think you will find more airports for Prepar3D (most coming from FSX).
papituwall
Captain
Captain

Postby papituwall » Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:01 am

I have been thinking in flight around airports and surrounding areas.

Please! only pictures of default sceneries this is not NOT a P3DV4 VS X-Plane, I have and enjoy both.

Niagara Falls

P3D
X-plane (no falls)

Addons for Niagara:
P3D: There is a payware one. Airports freeware.
X-Plane: KBUF and KIAG free (not tested by me)

ROME

P3D
X-plane (no landmarks)

Addons for Rome:
P3D:City, payware. Airports Freeware.
X-plane: Free airports but nothing found for the city.
papituwall
Captain
Captain

Postby pete » Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:57 am

Can't actually see the difference in the P3d4 default Rome and your P3D shot which you say contains payware? :)

Out of interest here is GE image

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. – Leonardo da Vinci
pete
Administrator
Administrator

Postby papituwall » Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:26 am

Oh! Sorry!

The shots are with default scenery, as said at the beginning of the post.

My fault. I didn't explain well that the references to addons were only as available addons additional information.

Instead "Addons for Rome or Niagara" I should have writen "AVAILABLE addons for...
papituwall
Captain
Captain

Return to General Discussion