A Wake Up Call

If it doesn't fit .. It fits here .. - -

A Wake Up Call

Postby Shadowcaster » Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:43 pm

Evening All
Not been doing much on the flight sim front recently, I've been feeling a bit more ill than usual for quite a while but put off going to the Doc's. Anyway Sue came back from an extended visit to look after her Mum and ordered me off to the Doctors, so off I went for some blood tests (Nearly an armful :lol: ) a couple of days later came a phone call from my Doctor, pop in and see me ASAP she say's you have Anemia. Well that's not bad I thought a few Iron tablets and away we go, ah not quite, first a quick test of the prostrate and then off to the Hospital for some Oscopies, after having cameras poked in me and scans done they found two tumours in the bladder and a couple of small polyps in the colon, I had the bladder tumours removed last week and the polyps will be removed early next month, just got to wait for the results. Hopefully it's been caught early enough and I'll be OK but it has certainly come as a bit of a shock.

Sorry to offload chaps but if your not feeling right get yourself checked out. A quick thought on our NHS, it's the best, everyone has been so kind and thoughtful.

On to a happier topic, Ryan the Ruffian is growing like a weed and full of energy and certainly keeps me on the go.

Cheers
Rich
All I ask is the chance to prove that money can't make me happy.

Spike Milligan
Shadowcaster
Major
Major

Re: A Wake Up Call

Postby Anthindelahunt » Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:25 pm

Sorry for your troubles Rich.Getting older
is a right royal bitch.I really hope they caught
everything early.
I am terrified of Doctors.You are a brave man
to visit one.I never want to see a Hospital ever
again.
Your holy terror has really grown.
Keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Anthin.
Anthindelahunt
Major
Major

Postby Fozzer » Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:49 am

Best of luck, Rich and Anthin, etc!

As I often mention to all my Forum Chums, if you are experiencing any problems in; "Peeing", then get the Doc's to get your Prostate Gland checked; IMMEDIATELY!

I popped into my Docs, many years ago, complaining of; "Very Slow Peeing", and he immediately detected, (by unmentionable means!), an Enlarged (not Cancer) Prostrate Gland, and put me on medication, (for the rest of my life), which has controlled it successfully ever since!

An Annual Blood Check for all we Blokes can often save our lives. (It will show up all sort of hidden complaints/problems).

It's no fun getting old with water-works, etc, problems!... :cry: ...!

Paul.... :mrgreen: ....!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Hawkeye07 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:26 am

Hi Rich,
Sounds like you've had a bit of a rough summer. I hope everything turns out all right. I hear what you're saying about checkups. I have a physical scheduled for this Friday. My first one since I retired from the Navy back in '91. Haven't had any issues other than allergies and various aches and pains. Oh, and 4 broken ribs and 2 cracked vertebrae from an ice skating accident.

Hopefully there wont be any surprises. The rectal exam should prove to be interesting (read: awkward) since I have a female doctor. :oops:

An Aircraft Mechanic only needs two tools, Duct Tape and WD40.
If it moves and it's not supposed to - use the Duct Tape.
If it doesn't move and it's supposed to - use the WD40.

Intel(R) i5 CPU 750 @ 2.67GHz, P55M-UD4, GeForce GTX960 8.00 GB RAM, Windows 7 Ultimate (32 bit & 64 bit on separate HDs)
Hawkeye07
Major
Major

Postby Roypcox » Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:47 am

Best of luck to you, my thoughts and prayer for you to have a great out come with your followup test and etc. Roy
Roypcox
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby pete » Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:13 pm

Thanks for the heads up Rich!

Sounds like the wife sent you off did the right thing. Many of us guys won't go to the doctor unless something is actually dropping off.

Hope your recovery continues and you start to feel a lot better over the next weeks!

& remember nothing like a bit of exercise and some fresh air ... take a walk. Keep those parts working Though I'm sure you do with that lovely dog! :)
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. – Leonardo da Vinci
pete
Administrator
Administrator

Postby pilotwin7 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:30 pm

Mr Shadowcaster, :D Thank you for the wake up call.... We all need a loud wake-up call... A year or three months from now. You'll wish you had started Today.

Health is not valued till sickness comes.
:pray: Hope is the best medicine, laughter increases Hope.... :lol: :lol: :lol: I Hope you get healthier and happier as you recovery continues... <<t wish you all The Best :mrgreen:
pilotwin7
Major
Major

Postby jphespe » Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:39 pm

Sickness is always a pain in the whatever...Always best to stay on the green side the grass.

Hope you get well soon,

Regards,
Jim
jphespe
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby fairwinds47 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:43 pm

Rich, good to hear that you caught this in time. My dad died of colon cancer at an early age, so I get a colonoscopy every five years. Based on the polyps removed over the years. it has probably saved my life a couple of times over. So, preach it brother!

Hawkeye, I am also a retired swab. I would think that modesty was something you lost a long time ago. ;-) As for female doctors - smaller digits. ;->

R/Len
fairwinds47
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Hawkeye07 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:48 am

fairwinds47 wrote:Hawkeye, I am also a retired swab. I would think that modesty was something you lost a long time ago. ;-) As for female doctors - smaller digits. ;->
R/Len

"As for female doctors - smaller digits. ;->" Ha-Ha!! Why do you think I picked her? Actually she's not a doctor per se but rather a "Nurse Practitioner" but she has more common sense
than many of the doctors I've gone to and no ego problems either. If she doesn't know something she comes right out and tells me she has to do more research but those times have been
very few and far between. She actually listens to what her patients have to say too.

An Aircraft Mechanic only needs two tools, Duct Tape and WD40.
If it moves and it's not supposed to - use the Duct Tape.
If it doesn't move and it's supposed to - use the WD40.

Intel(R) i5 CPU 750 @ 2.67GHz, P55M-UD4, GeForce GTX960 8.00 GB RAM, Windows 7 Ultimate (32 bit & 64 bit on separate HDs)
Hawkeye07
Major
Major

Postby Shadowcaster » Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:00 am

Thanks for all the replies chaps, it's very much appreciated. I have a female GP and she has been brilliant, in fact most of the people I have seen so far are women and they have all been fantastic, very supportive and have managed to put me at ease while having various cameras poked into me. I can't say I'm looking forward to the next one as it involves taking a large quantity of Movicol, which I'm assured lives up to it's name :o .

Cheers
Rich
All I ask is the chance to prove that money can't make me happy.

Spike Milligan
Shadowcaster
Major
Major

Postby B52bob » Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:29 am

Unfortunately the older we get the better we was.

Had a colonoscopy last month and they found 12 polyps. Thanking God none were cancerous. Everyone over 50 should have one every five years, it can save your life. The worst part of the procedure is drinking the gunk that makes you go. No worries about the procedure or who does it as you’re just another a##hole to the doc.

Bob
B52bob
Ground hog
Ground hog

Return to General Discussion