no glide no glideslope shown in ils gauge of FSX bombardier

FSX including FSX Steam version.

no glide no glideslope shown in ils gauge of FSX bombardier

Postby nichosi » Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:11 am

Hi,

Should there be a glideslope needle shown in The ILS gauge of FSX bombardier Lear 45 ?.
nichosi
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: no glide no glideslope shown in ils gauge of FSX bombard

Postby Dave T » Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:00 am

Yes if the airport supports ILS and the radio frequency is correct also nav has to be selected and not gps on the panel. The green triangle is the glideslope indicator.

ILS approach 6L LAX freq 108.50
Dave T
Major
Major

Re: no glide no glideslope shown in ils gauge of FSX bombard

Postby garymbuska » Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:06 pm

nichosi wrote:Hi,

Should there be a glideslope needle shown in The ILS gauge of FSX bombardier Lear 45 ?.

You can also use the Visual flight path which will display red squares or yellow telephone poles and one other option
so you can actually see the glide slope. But you have to have the correct frequency dialed in on Nav 1 and the Course set for the runway you are landing and NAV selected
There are a bunch of free sites such as AIRNAV that will give you everything about a airport but this site is only good for US airports.
Some payware aircraft require you to have the frequency selected on both Nav1 and Nav2 and the course set on both.
I have a fleet of Airbuses that i do not have to worry about this at all as is automatically sets the course as long as i have the correct frequency set.
8-)
Gary M Buska
SYSTEM Specs ASUS P8Z68 V/GEN 3 mother board: INTELL I7 2600k 3.48 ghz Quad core CPU with Sandy bridge: 12 Gigs of 1800hz ram:
GTX 950 OVER CLOCKED: 2 Gigs Ram Windows 10 Home 64 bit Operating system. 750W Dedicated modular power supply. Two Internal 1TB hard drives 1 External 1TB 3.2 USB hard drive. SAITEK Cessna flight Yoke with throttles.
CH Rudder Peddles 27 inch Wide screen Monitor
garymbuska
Major
Major

Return to Flight Simulator X (FSX) and Steam