Crap!!

Forum dedicated to Microsoft FS2004 - "A Century of Flight".

Crap!!

Postby jrbirdman » Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:11 pm

Okay I am so frustrated right now, I go to fly my RAH-66 for FS9, and yes it’s the proper version lol, but every time I try and load it, I get an OOM error. I have 8gb of RAM and a 1TB Hd with 320GB free. I also have the 4gb “patch”. OS is Windumb 10 64 bit. Every other aircraft seems to be fine. I have no idea what could be causing this since it worked just fine a few days ago. Yes I have installed other aircraft with gauge files, in particular the FS2002 TR-3B Flying Triangle but it had a ton of gauges and I’m not sure which one would be the offender and since I have so many other craft, I don’t want to inadvertently delete one of their gauges by accident. I have since deleted the actual TR-3B but it’s gauge files remain so I really could use some help in getting this back up to par. Thank you for your time and kind regards, Jeremy
jrbirdman
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Re: Crap!!

Postby garymbuska » Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:41 am

jrbirdman wrote:Okay I am so frustrated right now, I go to fly my RAH-66 for FS9, and yes it’s the proper version lol, but every time I try and load it, I get an OOM error. I have 8gb of RAM and a 1TB Hd with 320GB free. I also have the 4gb “patch”. OS is Windumb 10 64 bit. Every other aircraft seems to be fine. I have no idea what could be causing this since it worked just fine a few days ago. Yes I have installed other aircraft with gauge files, in particular the FS2002 TR-3B Flying Triangle but it had a ton of gauges and I’m not sure which one would be the offender and since I have so many other craft, I don’t want to inadvertently delete one of their gauges by accident. I have since deleted the actual TR-3B but it’s gauge files remain so I really could use some help in getting this back up to par. Thank you for your time and kind regards, Jeremy

The problem you are having has nothing to do with the amount of RAM or free space on a hard drive.
It has to do with what is called Virtual memory. The problem is that FS9 is a 32 bit program and with other things that you have running in the back ground it runs out of virtual memory
32 bit programs can only access so much memory because they are 32 bit programs so there is not a whole lot you can do
There are some things you can do that might help the issue the biggest thing is to shutdown unneeded programs you can also change your virtual memory BUT I most caution you on doing that It is like playing catch with NITRO GLYCERIN
bounce it to hard and bad things happen same applies with virtual memory. Changing it can cause more problems
In reality your best bet is to shut down programs that you do not need. However there is no guarantee that it will not show it's ugly head again. I get it every now and than 8-)
Gary M Buska
SYSTEM Specs ASUS P8Z68 V/GEN 3 mother board: INTELL I7 2600k 3.48 ghz Quad core CPU with Sandy bridge: 12 Gigs of 1800hz ram:
GTX 950 OVER CLOCKED: 2 Gigs Ram Windows 10 Home 64 bit Operating system. 750W Dedicated modular power supply. Two Internal 1TB hard drives 1 External 1TB 3.2 USB hard drive. SAITEK Cessna flight Yoke with throttles.
CH Rudder Peddles 27 inch Wide screen Monitor
garymbuska
Major
Major

Postby jrbirdman » Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:58 am

Thanks Gary, always good to hear from you. I always “fly” clean with no other things running except my WiFi, but that’s for coming here and such ;). I get what you’re saying but I wouldn’t be sure what would be best to set my virtual ram settings to and as you said, it’s risky. I’d feel bad if I really messed it up. Btw, put an older copy of my gauges folder to see if that worked and no. So I was wrong, it’s not a gauge issue lol. Any ideas on what to set the ram to? Kind regards, Jeremy P.S. WOW GARY! I’d give anything for your PC specs!! :o :)
jrbirdman
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby jrbirdman » Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:21 pm

FIXED! :D
jrbirdman
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby garymbuska » Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:32 am

jrbirdman wrote:FIXED! :D

Glad you got it fixed.
As for what to set you virtual memory at Sorry but that would be a shot in the dark at best. To many variables
As for my specs I updated about 3 or four years ago and it took me some time to save up he money but I shopped sales from all over buying the Mother board at Best Buy as it was on sell the CPU I got from Tiger Direct on sale at time
I had a good case and the RAM and video card I bought from Best buy. I have had to replace the Power supply as the original one started acting up the 5 Volt that is used to supply the USB ports started cutting off creating all kinds of strange problems like the disappearance of my external hard drive and some other USB driven devices stopped working.
Some thought this was a mother board problem but I was convinced it was the power supply and I was correct. No more problems after I replace the power supply I chose a higher rated Power supply as the other one barley covered the need.
thanks for the comment.
<<v
Gary M Buska
SYSTEM Specs ASUS P8Z68 V/GEN 3 mother board: INTELL I7 2600k 3.48 ghz Quad core CPU with Sandy bridge: 12 Gigs of 1800hz ram:
GTX 950 OVER CLOCKED: 2 Gigs Ram Windows 10 Home 64 bit Operating system. 750W Dedicated modular power supply. Two Internal 1TB hard drives 1 External 1TB 3.2 USB hard drive. SAITEK Cessna flight Yoke with throttles.
CH Rudder Peddles 27 inch Wide screen Monitor
garymbuska
Major
Major

Return to FS 2004 - A Century of Flight