Polite with the catabolite?

If it doesn't fit .. It fits here .. - -

Polite with the catabolite?

Postby H » Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:12 am

Via numerous posts, many of us are aware of Fozzer's negative affinity to cats. You must realize, however, if a cat isn't part of your family, it applies the "beware of strangers" to you. Many dogs have immediately welcomed me on a friendly note, especially if it seemed I was in good favor with their owner; cats have befriended me, sometimes unexpectedly, but only after they analyzed my attitude with their owner (not just their owner's attitude toward me).
Anyway, I came across this article in the online Washington Post.
Try teaching your dog to do that on a standard toilet.
Actually, however, manufacturing appropriate-sized pet toilets, particularly for cats and dogs, might result in their ability to actually flush them. From my experience, the whole procedure may be a little more difficult to teach the dog -- but if the dog sees the cat doing it, the dog can follow suit. If you have a dog and no cat, you can strip from the waist down, get on hands and knees and... well, you get the picture but we'd rather not...

8-)
H
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Polite with the catabolite?

Postby Fozzer » Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:17 pm

The funny thing is...many years ago when I was very young, all my family used to own various Cats, especially black and white ones! But many years later, now that I am on my own, my affinity towards Cats has greatly diminished, and I suspect that my neighbour's Cats recognise it by the disapproving look on my face when they stare at me from a distance, and immediately retreat/leap over the garden fence to escape, hopefully BEFORE they have deposited a semi-liquid present on my Garden Lawn!

It's only very recently that I have experienced a liking for certain breeds of Dogs, having watched their comical, affectionate, etc, antics on Youtube, but I would never own one, realizing how much attention they require; company, exercise, toilet duties, etc, no matter what the weather threatens outside, throughout the day!

...and they don't like being left alone, while I am out and about on my Bike!... :cry: ....!

I am happy with my own company, and exercise and toilet duties are something which I have to take care of personally!.... :oops: ....!

Ownership of a Cat would be a Catastrophic choice for me!... :o ...!

Paul...Catatonic... :roll: ...!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby pilotwin7 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:46 pm

pilotwin7
Major
Major

Postby Anthindelahunt » Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:10 pm

Cats if squeezed sound like bagpipes. :o :o :o :lol:

Anthin....Thinking of learning the bagpipes. :shifty:
Anthindelahunt
Major
Major

Postby pilotwin7 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:32 pm

pilotwin7
Major
Major

Postby FlexibleFlier » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:58 am

Excerpts from a Dog's Diary...
8:00am Dog food! My favorite thing!
9:30am A car ride! My favorite thing!
9:40am A walk in the park! My favorite thing!
10:30am Got rubbed and petted! My favorite thing!
12:00pm Lunch! My favorite thing!
1:00pm Played in the yard! My favorite thing!
3:00pm Wagged my tail! My favorite thing!
5:00pm Blue Dog Bakery treats! My favorite thing!
7:00pm Got to play ball! My favorite thing!
8:00pm Wow! Watched TV with my people! My favorite thing!
11:00pm Sleeping on the bed! My favorite thing!

Excerpts from a Cat's Diary...
Day 983 of my captivity…
My captors continue to taunt me with bizarre little dangling objects. They dine lavishly on fresh meat, while the other inmates and I are fed hash, or some sort of dry nuggets. Although I make my contempt for the rations perfectly clear, I nevertheless must eat something to keep up my: strength. The only thing that keeps me going is my dream of escape. In an attempt to disgust them, I once again vomit on the carpet.

Today I decapitated a mouse and dropped its headless body at their feet. I bad hoped that this would strike fear in their hearts, since it clearly demonstrates what I am capable of. However, they merely made condescending comments about what a "good little hunter” I am. The imbeciles.

There was some sort of assembly of their accomplices tonight. I was placed in solitary confinement. However, I could bear the noises and smell the food. I overheard that my confinement was due to the power of “allergies”. I must learn what this means and how to
use it to my advantage.

Today I was almost successful in an attempt to assassinate one of my tormentors by
weaving around his feet as he was walking. I must try this again tomorrow – but at the top
of the stairs.

I am convinced that the other prisoners here are flunkies and snitches. The dog receives
special privileges. He is regularly released and seems more than willing to return.

He is obviously not all there.

———————
Dogs have Masters...cats have Staff.
FlexibleFlier
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby B0ikat » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:22 am

"Excerpts from a cat diary" reminds me of the "Talking Kitty" series on YouTube. :D
B0ikat
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby Fozzer » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:40 pm

Excerpt from a Dog's Diary...

Today I chased a Motorcycle.
Caught up with it.
Bit the rider's leg....twice...My Favourite thing!

Paul....A regular occurrence.... :roll: ...!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby yancovitch » Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:13 pm

really?...truly?...for sure???
yancovitch
Major
Major

Location: born montreal, lived vancouver, now live in burns lake bc.

Postby H » Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:25 pm

The cat whose privacy you invaded by opening its diary, let alone revealing it to the world, is somewhat estranged to the life of most cats I've known.
First of all, once our dogs grew out of their early puppy stage, they were only allowed inside by special permission; however, we had some acreage with the farm and they weren't tethered unless they tended to wander off our property without our attendance (I sometimes wandered off our property and a dog followed; I'd tell him to go home and he'd head back). Our cats had us better trained: they'd meow at the door and we'd let them in or out; they were never tethered nor confined.
The food varied for both dogs and cats. We [humans] weren't supposed to put anything on our plate we weren't going to eat. What didn't go on our plate would either go in the refrigerator or in their bowls; the latter was usually meat/fat but one cat liked raisins and another liked lettuce (we thought, perhaps, in his wanderings he'd befriended some rabbits). Canned and bagged food was supplemental but the cats sometimes had tuna from the can (I believe this became frequent because they'd beg for it when Mom was making our lunches with it). Our cats frequently killed mice but knew mice didn't belong in the house -- dead or alive (I've known cats in other homes who actually thought it a proud moment to display their 'catch' at their homeowners feet, in home or out; I admit it seems our cats may have been unique in respect to this).
Now, relatives, friends and neighbors occasioned to have small-sized dogs but our smallest was a black spitz/spaniel mix; his only display of his spitz ancestry was his shorter legs, so we named him Stubby. He was the one who opened the door for the cats when we humans weren't available; on these occasions, he'd sometimes enter the house as their guests. Other than as a recently born puppy, he knew better than to poop in the house; he never closed the door behind him so he and the cats could always go back out to take care of that business. As early in their life as possible, cats/kittens had their toiletry training. We're not going to elaborate on whether cats or dogs have the better olfactory; be assured that a cat's olfactory outdoes yours. If you pooped on the floor and your nose was shoved to it while quite conscious, then you're thrown outside along with the poop, I'm sure the event would be well etched in your memory. Subsequent events (like dogs and humans, some have dimmer lamps in their brain than others) will put this all together and you'll realize that you are not being attuned to a $-eating grin; the best thing to do is to make the deposit outside to begin with (you're going to wind up there, anyway) -- even if you must wail and claw at the door to get there. This sort of training also works with dogs.
One other mention I have of this in regard to Fozzer's 'on the grass' mention: their front end (nose) having had a personal meeting with the excrement from their back end early in their lives, our cats wouldn't leave it exposed; they found soft soil or sand, dug a hole, pooped in it and buried it all up. I can't imagine them leaving it exposed on Fozzer's grass unless there was absolutely no other option left... they, may, however, have offered their services in his gardening -- by imbedding the garden with fertilizer.

8-)
H
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby pilotwin7 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:36 am

pilotwin7
Major
Major

Return to General Discussion