P3D Joystick and Throttle Button Assignments issue

Prepar3D - Lockheed Martin has taken the FSX platform into a new level aimed at the professional.

P3D Joystick and Throttle Button Assignments issue

Postby shoobedoo » Fri May 11, 2018 7:21 am

For some reason P3D v4.2 is suddenly not saving my joystick and throttle button assignments, I have to load these from a saved file at the beginning of each session, which is pain in the neck if you forget to do it. This is the full version of P3D v4.2, not the "update" version.

Everything was fine, and then a few days ago the custom button assignments all disappeared. Anyone know what might cause this, and/or a possible fix...??

It's a Saitek X52 Pro stick and throttle, which works perfectly in FSX SE, and aside from the button assignments not being saved, it works perfect in P3D as well.

I've posted this at 2 other forums, the LM P3D forum and the ORBX P3D forum, and either nobody has any idea about this, or they just don't care, because I have not gotten a single reply. Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
shoobedoo
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: P3D Joystick and Throttle Button Assignments issue

Postby Roypcox » Fri May 11, 2018 11:02 am

I don't have the setup that you have, mine is just an old Logitech and it does that also , I truly wish I could help you as I know how upsetting this can be ,hopefully someone with more experience will come along soon to help. Roy
Roypcox
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby papituwall » Fri May 11, 2018 12:38 pm

Have you installed any addon recently? I had this problem and it was related to an addon aircraft installation, but I can't remember neither the aircraft nor if the problem was repeated at every start of the program.
papituwall
Captain
Captain

Postby shoobedoo » Fri May 11, 2018 2:43 pm

Roypcox wrote:I don't have the setup that you have, mine is just an old Logitech and it does that also , I truly wish I could help you as I know how upsetting this can be ,hopefully someone with more experience will come along soon to help. Roy

Thanks Roy, If I ever come up with a solution I'll be sure to let you know......

Yes I've installed add on aircraft recently. I add and/or delete aircraft fairly frequently, but I've never had one cause an issue like this. I can't imagine how an add on plane could delete your key assignments, and then stop the program from saving them, but I suppose anything is possible.
shoobedoo
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby shoobedoo » Sat May 12, 2018 9:39 am

Hey Roy, I may have found a solution to the problem of P3D not saving the button assignments.

If you are not already doing so, try running P3D as Administrator, I did that and it fixed the problem for me.

I was never running as Admin before and it was saving my button assignments just fine, but I upgraded my Joystick and throttle recently and that's when P3D started acting up and not saving the assignments.

Hope this helps.
shoobedoo
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby papituwall » Sat May 12, 2018 10:12 am

Many thanks. I usually run as Admin, but I can make a mistake.

<<v
papituwall
Captain
Captain

Postby shoobedoo » Sat May 12, 2018 11:21 am

papituwall wrote:Many thanks. I usually run as Admin, but I can make a mistake.

<<v

No problem, glad I could help.

Hopefully this will fix the issue for Roy as well.
shoobedoo
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Roypcox » Sat May 12, 2018 1:00 pm

glad you got er fixed and thanks for the info. Roy
Roypcox
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby mrvop89 » Sun May 27, 2018 2:19 am

mrvop89