Of possible intrest to Fozzer...

If it doesn't fit .. It fits here .. - -

Re: Of possible intrest to Fozzer...

Postby H » Wed May 09, 2018 6:33 am

Fozzer wrote:..almost forgot... and grated Cheese!
Thank you for the recipes although there may need be alternative ingredients over here. Aside for one can of it when stranded on a Guamanian beach with nothing other at hand to drink but seawater, I once used beer to boil hot dogs; my assumption, however, is that you misspelled the German-American brand, Budweiser.
I'm pleased to see that you use 'vegetable' water, rather than the much more dangerous and common meat juices, for your gravy but which onion are you chopping -- bulb or scallion?
Our more common domestic powdered gravy mixes are McCormick and Knorr; however, imported by Epicure via nearby WalMart:
Bisto Vegetable Gravy Granules (170g)
Current Price: $8.61
List Price: $9.83

Bisto Gravy Granules, Red 6.0 oz (Pack of 2)
Current Price: $13.42
[170 grams = @ 6 oz]

8-)
H
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby H » Wed May 09, 2018 6:57 am

Anthindelahunt wrote::You could possibly be right Hawkeye.
They look like aquatic scorpions.
But unlike the similarly appearing insects, they're larger, no stinger (however, I don't recommend getting a clamp-down by a Maine lobter's claw) and much more fleshy.
Even our smaller grocery stores often have lobster tanks. Claws banded shut, these fellows wait for someone to choose them -- and boil them alive (of course, no longer alive at the end of their spa experience; in fact, it's so embarrassing they turn red).

8-)
H
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Fozzer » Wed May 09, 2018 11:00 am

H wrote:
Fozzer wrote:..almost forgot... and grated Cheese!
Thank you for the recipes although there may need be alternative ingredients over here. Aside for one can of it when stranded on a Guamanian beach with nothing other at hand to drink but seawater, I once used beer to boil hot dogs; my assumption, however, is that you misspelled the German-American brand, Budweiser.
I'm pleased to see that you use 'vegetable' water, rather than the much more dangerous and common meat juices, for your gravy but which onion are you chopping -- bulb or scallion?
Our more common domestic powdered gravy mixes are McCormick and Knorr; however, imported by Epicure via nearby WalMart:
Bisto Vegetable Gravy Granules (170g)
Current Price: $8.61
List Price: $9.83

Bisto Gravy Granules, Red 6.0 oz (Pack of 2)
Current Price: $13.42
[170 grams = @ 6 oz]

8-)

Onions.... :D ....!

My Onions come in two; "flavours"; either White or Red!...>>>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Onion

Onions and Garlic make up much of my daily intake of vegetables, together with boiled Potatoes, Carrots, Parsnips, Leeks, Sliced Peppers, Peas, and Spring Greens (contain lots of Iron)!
They all make lovely water, ready for my Gravy!

Anything in the Onion Family is very good for the workings of the Stomach!....>>>> https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/howto/guide ... cus-onions

Budweiser: German BudViser Beer...like German Volks-Vaagen motor cars, which are both Vunderful!.... :lol: ....!

Paul...fry-up for Tea!.. :dance: ...!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby H » Thu May 10, 2018 9:57 am

Fozzer wrote:My Onions come in two "flavours": either White or Red!...
Onions and Garlic make up much of my daily intake of vegetables, together with boiled Potatoes, Carrots, Parsnips, Leeks, Sliced Peppers, Peas, and Spring Greens (contain lots of Iron)! They all make lovely water, ready for my Gravy!
Anything in the Onion Family is very good for the workings of the Stomach!
OK, rather than high lily, we use low... the bulb/globe. I usually put onions into my slow-cooker boiled dinners but, along with the other vegetables, they're added later. The meat I now cook first and drain off the toxinized juice (my mother would have screemed at this but today's critters' feed often contains even more not-so-good added chemicals. To do similar as you, I should cook the vegetables seperately.
I don't care much for cooked carrots, preferring them raw, but, if I must eat them, I treat them like I do squash, yam and sweet potato: I mash them as best I can and top them with cinnamon powder and a trace of maple syrup and butter.
Except in a pan fry, I rarely eat cooked peppers. Like onions, sliced raw portions go in a sandwich or on already cooked meat and, more often, in a cold salad. Although I may cook onions and peppers with pasta, I'm happier to add raw chopped amounts with the sauce.
Parsnips haven't been on my menu and leeks, which seem common to Scottish quisine, are somewhat rare here; more often my leaks are associated with a crack in the bowl... Cabbage or Brussel sprouts are almost always part of my boiled dinners. Greens (lettuce, spinach, etc.) are standards in my cold salads along with cabbage, peppers and, sometimes, peas. On our farm, peas sometimes never made it into the house -- we ate them right out of the pod. However, they're also appeasing when cooked.
As to garlic, I usually apply it in a less preferred form: garlic powder with mashed potato (this tuber is another mainstay in my boiled dinners), pasta, salads -- just about anything.

8-)
H
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Fozzer » Thu May 10, 2018 12:43 pm

Spring Greens:

One of my favourite green vegetable, (Contains lots of Iron Vitamins)...>>>

https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/glossary/spring-greens

Leaves shredded from the stalks, chopped and shredded and boiled together with the rest of the assorted vegetables.

Also...when drained of water, can be added with a drop of Virgin Olive Oil in a frying pan, and fried, to produce the equivalent of crunchy Seaweed!.... :D ....!

Parsnips:

....goes together with Carrots!...>>> https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/glossary/parsnip

Leeks:

....goes together with all the above!...>>> https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/glossary/leek

You don't need to be a "Vegetarian", to love Vegetables!

Paul.... :dance: ...!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Fozzer » Fri May 11, 2018 4:34 pm

...and now for a Tea Time Treat!....>>>>

Egg.
Bacon.
Hash Brown.
Mushrooms.
Onion rings.
Tomatoes.

...and not a drop of gravy in sight!.... ;) ....!

Paul.... :D ....!
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Sinkrate » Sat May 12, 2018 5:27 am

Egg.
Bacon.
Hash Brown.
Mushrooms.
Onion rings.
Tomatoes.

Now that I can deal with – but for breakfast, not tea.

I’d probably have a Shredded Wheat “chaser” with it, to compensate for the cholesterol and stuff! :lol:
Sinkrate
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby Fozzer » Sat May 12, 2018 8:32 am

Sinkrate wrote:
Egg.
Bacon.
Hash Brown.
Mushrooms.
Onion rings.
Tomatoes.

Now that I can deal with – but for breakfast, not tea.

I’d probably have a Shredded Wheat “chaser” with it, to compensate for the cholesterol and stuff! :lol:

.... :lol: ... :lol: ... :lol: ...!

The trouble with; "Breakfast".... :roll: ....

Every morning when I wake up, I get all excited over what lovely meal I am going to cook for today's Dinner, so as soon as I am downstairs I am already getting everything prepared for the Dinner Feast at Mid-day; 12-O'clock....

...can't wait any longer to get started!... :lol: ...!

...then comes Tea...

...then comes Supper... :dance: ...!

The next day, it starts all over again!

Paul.... :lol: ... :lol: ...!

P.S...by the way, all the frying is done in a drop of Virgin Olive Oil in the Pan...to keep it all "healthy"!... :D ...!
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Previous

Return to General Discussion