Traffic problems on FSX SE

Adding Aircraft Traffic, airport gates, etc, to your Sim - AFCAD, TTools, Project AI, AI Aircraft, etc

Traffic problems on FSX SE

Postby Speedbird_8145 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:02 am

Hi, I've recently installed ICE AI Traffic, however, I have a problem. When I first launched FSX on JFK, an airport that should have a lot of traffic, nothing appeared. Tried a couple of different airports, also nothing. I tried reinstalling, running the repair function, I verified the integrity of the game files, didn't work. So I just uninstalled ICE completely, because default traffic is better than no traffic. I launched JFK, and nothing yet again. Traffic slider on 100%, tried many airports, no traffic. How can I fix this? I'm running Windows 10 on a HP 250 G5. I also have an issue with DLC, but this has more priority. And I know that someone will probably say that I should reinstall FSX, but I just don't have that much time. Although, if nothing helps, I'll have to do that. Thanks in advance for any help!
Speedbird_8145
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: Traffic problems on FSX SE

Postby Hagar » Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:21 am

It sounds like you have one or more FS9 traffic bgl files in your FSX.
If you haven't already done so I suggest using AI Flight Planner to detect & convert any of these files to FSX format.
Get the latest version here -->http://stuff4fs.com/newpage.asp?folder=AIFP&function=be-aware

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
Member of the Fox Four Group
My Picasa gallery
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Speedbird_8145 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:55 am

Hagar wrote:It sounds like you have one or more FS9 traffic bgl files in your FSX.
If you haven't already done so I suggest using AI Flight Planner to detect & convert any of these files to FSX format.
Get the latest version here -->http://stuff4fs.com/newpage.asp?folder=AIFP&function=be-aware

So, I downloaded it, let it do its thing, and it didn't work. Still the same, Thanks for the advice though!
Speedbird_8145
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: Traffic problems on FSX SE [RESOLVED]

Postby Speedbird_8145 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:59 am

Hi, just wanted to put out a quick update - issue resolved! Kinda..... I deleted all traffic files that had "FS9" or "ICE" in the name, and the default traffic worked! However, right now, I'm a bit hesitant to install ICE again, as I don't want to go through the whole process again, so I guess I'll just use default aircraft that will blend in. Thanks for the help!
Speedbird_8145
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Hagar » Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:19 pm

Glad you sorted it. Thanks for the feedback.

Not sure why AIFP didn't find those FS9 files. :think:

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
Member of the Fox Four Group
My Picasa gallery
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Canuck1955 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:02 pm

FYI I just installed Ice v 6.o into my freshly installed FSXSE and it works just fine. I had removed the defauly aircraft bgl file and backed it up. Perhaps you didn't do that or perhaps you have another traffic bgl lurking elsewhere which conflicts.
Canuck1955
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Return to Adding Aircraft Traffic (AI) & Gates