I've forgotten how.

Can someone refresh my memory.

Bill A. (aka Gringo 6)
Gringo6
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Re: making changes to files

Postby napamule » Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:00 pm

There is no need to move files to desktop to edit. The reason people (had to) do this is due to Window's 'Permissions' feature. Especially if you installed in 'Program Files' folder. If you install to root of Hard Drive (ie: C\FSX or D\FSX or C\FS9 or D\FS9) then you do not encounter any 'Permissions' restrictions to doing edits to aircraft.cfg files.

You will need to only use Window's Notepad and not use Wordpad. That's all. You open cfg with double click (or right click and choose 'Open With' then choose Notepad) and when done editing you click 'Save'. If you want to keep a original cfg then make copy of original cfg before you open to edit. Notepad KNOWS which file (ie: aircraft.cfg) and from which airplane it came from. You can have 8 aircraft.cfg files open and Notepad will keep track of which cfg goes to what ac. And if you edit and try to close Notepad will ask you if you want to save your changes (to cfg). For the air file you will need AirEd.
Chuck B
Napamule
napamule
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Gringo6 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:20 am

Thanks, napamule, that solved my problem. Now if I could
only turn off the music in FSX I'd be fixed up.

Thanks again !

Bill A. (aka Gringo 6)
Gringo6
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby napamule » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:00 am

Start FSX goto settings > sound > disable play user interface sound / music. I googled 'turn off FSX music' and got an answer in 0.0004 seconds (hehe).
Chuck B
Napamule
napamule
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby garymbuska » Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:55 am

napamule wrote:Start FSX goto settings > sound > disable play user interface sound / music. I googled 'turn off FSX music' and got an answer in 0.0004 seconds (hehe).
Chuck B
Napamule

You can also make a change in the FSX cfg file by removing the line that reads fsx music or something like that.or make the line a comment by adding // at the start of the line
8-)
Gary M Buska
SYSTEM Specs ASUS P8Z68 V/GEN 3 mother board: INTELL I7 2600k 3.48 ghz Quad core CPU with Sandy bridge: 12 Gigs of 1800hz ram:
GTX 950 OVER CLOCKED: 2 Gigs Ram Windows 10 Home 64 bit Operating system. 750W Dedicated modular power supply. Two Internal 1TB hard drives 1 External 1TB 3.2 USB hard drive. SAITEK Cessna flight Yoke with throttles.
CH Rudder Peddles 27 inch Wide screen Monitor
garymbuska
Major
Major

Return to Flight Simulator X (FSX) and Steam