WINDOWS 10 AND FS9

Forum dedicated to Microsoft FS2004 - "A Century of Flight".

Re: WINDOWS 10 AND FS9

Postby Jean Loup » Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:11 pm

tbus wrote:
Katahu wrote:Windows Vista over here. EDIT: Woops, I mistook this for the FSX section. Silly me. :shock:

Actually, I think Windows Vista is the silly part!

In this Forum at viewtopic.php?f=21&t=68004 you get configuring Vista to be lighter than Windows 7 :clap: :dance:
...LiCENSE & REGiSTRATiON !!
Jean Loup
Captain
Captain

Postby zswobbie1 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:41 am

FS2004 works very well in Windows 10!

I upgraded my laptop from Windows 7 to Windows 10, & installed FS2004 into C;\, did the updates, turned UAC right down, & ran as Admin.
I have 3x versions working perfectly & smoother than they did in Windows 7.
My P3D (v1.4, as my laptop does not have DX10 or is it DX11?) works as well.
zswobbie1
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby garymbuska » Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:32 am

I downloaded the no cd crack fro FS9 and it worked like a champ. I know that is called piracy but oh well it is not like I am selling it.
I know that you can turn down the UAC but that could be asking for problems later on. I mean there has to be a reason as to why Microsoft locked down the Program file 86 folder. Which for those that do not know is where every 32 bit program will install by default. Since Windows 10 is a 64 bit system running 32 bit programs is not its specialty. The only 32 bit program i install on my C drive are small programs like screen savers or small games like solitaire I have FSX and FS9 installed on two separate hard drives 8-) I have a couple different versions of train simulator installed on other drives and not my C drive.
But to each his own so if you turn down the UAC and later find out that you now have some kind of problem don't say I did not try to tell you
Everyone seems to think Microsoft did this so they could better control what you install and where you install it at. Who knows that might be true but is it worth the risk is the 10 million dollar question.
In my opinion NO.
Kind of like walking into a pitch black room full of highly combustible materials and lighting a match. It might not explode but highly unlikely. 8-)
Gary M Buska
SYSTEM Specs ASUS P8Z68 V/GEN 3 mother board: INTELL I7 2600k 3.48 ghz Quad core CPU with Sandy bridge: 12 Gigs of 1800hz ram:
GTX 950 OVER CLOCKED: 2 Gigs Ram Windows 10 Home 64 bit Operating system. 750W Dedicated modular power supply. Two Internal 1TB hard drives 1 External 1TB 3.2 USB hard drive. SAITEK Cessna flight Yoke with throttles.
CH Rudder Peddles 27 inch Wide screen Monitor
garymbuska
Major
Major

Postby Devildog73 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:42 pm

garymbuska wrote:Bad news for FS9 users I just installed Windows 10 and so far I have had no luck in getting it to run. I even reinstalled it but no joy.
This is indeed a sad day :cry: :cry: :cry:

All you have to do is NOT allow it to install in default location: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9.

INSTEAD, make it install directly to your C:\Flight Simulator 9.
Then you must install the NO CD patch.
Then, you need to install the 4GB Patch into your FS9.exe.

Once you do the above FS9 will run like a charm with super high FPS and excellent graphics.

Lee
Devildog73
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby zswobbie1 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:24 am

Does the 4GB patch actually work?
I've never tried it, & where can I find it?
zswobbie1
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby zswobbie1 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:31 am

Found it, now to test it. I have Windows 10 64bit Home, & 4GB RAM.
zswobbie1
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby Devildog73 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:52 am

zswobbie1 wrote:Does the 4GB patch actually work?
I've never tried it, & where can I find it?

Glad you found it.

YES, it works on both FS9 and FSX.
Devildog73
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Devildog73 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:12 am

garymbuska wrote:I downloaded the no cd crack fro FS9 and it worked like a champ. I know that is called piracy but oh well it is not like I am selling it.
I know that you can turn down the UAC but that could be asking for problems later on. I mean there has to be a reason as to why Microsoft locked down the Program file 86 folder. Which for those that do not know is where every 32 bit program will install by default. Since Windows 10 is a 64 bit system running 32 bit programs is not its specialty. The only 32 bit program i install on my C drive are small programs like screen savers or small games like solitaire I have FSX and FS9 installed on two separate hard drives 8-) I have a couple different versions of train simulator installed on other drives and not my C drive.
But to each his own so if you turn down the UAC and later find out that you now have some kind of problem don't say I did not try to tell you
Everyone seems to think Microsoft did this so they could better control what you install and where you install it at. Who knows that might be true but is it worth the risk is the 10 million dollar question.
In my opinion NO.
Kind of like walking into a pitch black room full of highly combustible materials and lighting a match. It might not explode but highly unlikely. 8-)

I agree about the UAC, but since Microsoft Flight sims are Microsoft, I don't worry about installing them to my C: root. Also, on the no CD patch, MS's support and patent on FS9 is long expired.
On Sim-outhouse we have long supported NOT even talking about "no CD" hacks, let alone using them. We even deleted postings talking about them. Windows 10 changed all of that.
Without the no CD hack, or patch, we cannot get CFS2, FS9, or other sim programs to run under Windows 10.

I am currently having problems getting some aircraft carriers to load in CFS2 under WIN10 and may have to ask our ship builders to make some new carriers so I can finish a British Pacific Fleet campaign I have been working on for a few years. It really sucks because I am almost finished with the campaign in the Sumatra area and Sakishima Gunto and ready to move on to the ending of the war with the 3rd USN Fleet. I am stuck until a work-around is found, which is why I am in FS9 and FSX territory learning them and flying civilian.

So, to y'all here in FSX/FS9 land, I am a novice and I apologize for asking basic questions that all y'all are SMEs at in this sim.

Lee
Devildog73
Devildog73
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby zswobbie1 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:55 am

Sorry for the late posting, PC problems (I occasionally need to start my laptop with a hairdryer, but that's another story! :shock:

Anyhow, this UAC thing...
It is not an anti virus, it just nags when you try to do something that Microsoft does not/may not like. Such as trying to edit a cfg file if it is in Program Files (X86)

So, strange that it moans when you try edit within Program Files (X86) but the same file if elsewhere.
I have never had any issues at all with UAC turned down, on my 2x PC's nor on the 20 PC's that I look after in our VA academy.

Regards,

Robin
zswobbie1
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby OAFCJacob » Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:59 am

Don't know if anyone can help me,
When I load up FS9 aircraft registration plates are blacked out. Then once I load a flight up, the communication box for radio info etc. is a navy colour and words appear as white text surrounded by black boxes.
After i dismiss the com box the sky texture turns black yet the clouds are still visible. In addition to this, PAPI lights are also blacked out as are all the trees which are loaded.
If anyone could help me to resolve this issue, or send me to a forum who might be able to better assist me it would be much appreciated.
OAFCJacob
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby SG-19 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:21 pm

Running fine on Win 10 no problems as long as I start up in window mode and not full screen.
SG-19
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby napamule » Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:36 pm

Running in 'windowed' mode is 'ok' as you can drag the window to fill 99% of your monitor screen. Not sure about black textures but: ''make sure that "Render to texture" check box is turned ON in "Display Settings" '' might be the answer. Otherwise it would have to be an update W10 did. Happens all the time. Shut off 'Auto Updates' and pick to Win10 to notify but not download.
Chuck B
Napamule
napamule
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby garymbuska » Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:29 am

napamule wrote:Running in 'windowed' mode is 'ok' as you can drag the window to fill 99% of your monitor screen. Not sure about black textures but: ''make sure that "Render to texture" check box is turned ON in "Display Settings" '' might be the answer. Otherwise it would have to be an update W10 did. Happens all the time. Shut off 'Auto Updates' and pick to Win10 to notify but not download.
Chuck B
Napamule

You can also let it download but than you decide when to apply the update. One thing for sure it is not advisable not to install any update. I know that you are relying on Microsoft not to install something that you do not really need but now a days you can not take a chance by not applying any update as you could be opening up a huge can of worms.
Myself I let them download and than when it asks me to update I will. 8-)
Gary M Buska
SYSTEM Specs ASUS P8Z68 V/GEN 3 mother board: INTELL I7 2600k 3.48 ghz Quad core CPU with Sandy bridge: 12 Gigs of 1800hz ram:
GTX 950 OVER CLOCKED: 2 Gigs Ram Windows 10 Home 64 bit Operating system. 750W Dedicated modular power supply. Two Internal 1TB hard drives 1 External 1TB 3.2 USB hard drive. SAITEK Cessna flight Yoke with throttles.
CH Rudder Peddles 27 inch Wide screen Monitor
garymbuska
Major
Major

Previous

Return to FS 2004 - A Century of Flight