Missing gauges in Noorduyn Norseman

Forum dedicated to Microsoft FS2004 - "A Century of Flight".

Missing gauges in Noorduyn Norseman

Postby Jean Loup » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:43 pm

Sincé I am flying all over Alaska & BC thanks to great shareware by Holger Sandmann's (Glacier Bay), I downloaded classic aircraft that roamed such remote áreas. I like the Norseman, seems to me like a big fish for skydivers & goods supplyer. This download looked promising: FSX_Norseman_Updated and it is, except for a few gauges missing. My Alaska scenario is in FS 2004 (ACoF) & there I installed her first. This are the 2D & VC views:

Well -I thought- this aircraft modified from FS9 for FSX, sometimes turn out with weird caracteristics, like working well only in either one of'em (very unpredictable they are). So I installed in FSX (demo- for poor nomoney me) and took a peek at her VC:

In FSX it's even worst!! Obviously I am missing something. I tried to share the CAB files from the gauges file to the the panel file & viceversa (I hope this Word exists in English) but nothing changed. Sincé there is another Norseman with floats, I did the download, extract and install routine. I choose Skagway pier for boarding & take a peek to her panel, on the 2D & the VC:

The gauges are there, this versión is a tad simpler & lighter than the UPDATED one though.

I remember from those Ju-52/3m times that I needed to import CAB files from some standard FS9 aircraft panel files, into the FS9 Gauges file. Witch are such aircraft, please por favor? :pray: :pray: :pray:

Gracias, Jean (stuck in Alaska without gauges)
<<q <<q <<q
...LiCENSE & REGiSTRATiON !!
Jean Loup
Captain
Captain

Re: Missing gauges in Noorduyn Norseman

Postby zswobbie1 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:36 am

Morning from Cape Town, South Africa <<v

Have a look at the panel.cfg & make sure all the gauges are in the gauges directory or the panel directory.
If not, just copy & paste the missing ones from FS9.
zswobbie1
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby pete » Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:39 am

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. – Leonardo da Vinci
pete
Administrator
Administrator

Postby zswobbie1 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:21 am

zswobbie1
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby Jean Loup » Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:37 pm

MiND READERS HERE AT SiMViATiON FORUM, no doubt. First thing I saw today opening this front page:

Then I opened my post...

pete wrote:Missing gauges

zswobbie1 wrote:And there they are...
https://simviation.com/1/browse-Vintage-66-0

MUCHAS Gracias PETE & ZSWOBBIE1 :clap: :clap: :clap:
<<t

PD.- I love that "Pou du Ciel" RC scale model on the AD on the right (wright??) side -below Community Chat- powered by what seems to me a CO2 motor :think: :think: :think:

<<v
...LiCENSE & REGiSTRATiON !!
Jean Loup
Captain
Captain

Postby zswobbie1 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:46 am

I really like the very unusual planes, trains & cars. Our sim, especially FS2004, MUST be fun.
Maybe we can set up a collection or list of fun stuff? Some of the FS2002 stuff works, with a small mod or two.
I have found a horse, a fish, a dolphin on a trailer, Harry Potter on his broomstick, & even a naked man & woman as well.

Any thoughts?
zswobbie1
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Return to FS 2004 - A Century of Flight