Can I change the GRADUAL TRANSiTiON in FS9 CFG?

Forum dedicated to Microsoft FS2004 - "A Century of Flight".

Can I change the GRADUAL TRANSiTiON in FS9 CFG?

Postby Jean Loup » Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:50 pm

When I select any default Flight in FS 2004 (in this example, from beautiful GLACiER BAY)...

I have this anoying "Moiré patterns" flickering in fences & some other spots in the background (Viva Vasarely!!) :shock: :

I have tried Anti Aliasing (it diminishes'em some) Trilinear & Bilinear (bilinear filtering looks "smoother" to my eyes) but the only way I have found to unflicker them so far, is opening View Options...

...and UNCHECK the default GRADUAL TRANSiTiON (the roll-loop-fixed part is no problema: I prefer fixed most of times). The Moiré is still there BUT STATiC, not hurting my eyes any more. :clap: :clap: :clap:

So I opened that flight's FTL file in Notebook to locate where to configure that optical offensive cuestion...

...and opened my FS9 CFG file for defaulting my sim. BUT ALAS!! :doh: I found nothing of the sort to configure. I am shure it can be done, it must be hiding under a diferent name or concept. :violin: :violin: :violin:

WHAT iS YOUR OPiNiON in this Forum??
Jean
<<t
...LiCENSE & REGiSTRATiON !!
Jean Loup
Captain
Captain

Re: Can I change the GRADUAL TRANSiTiON in FS9 CFG?

Postby Hagar » Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:22 am

One way over this would be to load the flight & set it up as you wish it to start.
Then save your modified flight from Flights > Save Flight on the menu bar. Give it a title which you can easily recognise & use this one instead of the original.

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
Member of the Fox Four Group
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Jean Loup » Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:35 am

Hagar wrote:One way over this would be to load the flight & set it up as you wish it to start.
Then save your modified flight from Flights > Save Flight on the menu bar. Give it a title which you can easily recognise & use this one instead of the original.

Buenos Días Hagar!! That is what I do, and all FTL files I can configure like that. But any new flight I create, has the Gradual Transition ON as FS 2004 default. There must be a way to undefault it!! I mean uncheking this option as FS 2004 default. Some aircraft, like the Tin Goose or Tante Ju, build using corrugated aluminum skins have the moiré very very disturbing when alive. NO gradual transition kills it even though it does not vanish, but no flickers :naughty:

:shock: Sorry man, this is exactly the part I need to restore mein aircraft :o
Gracias don Hagar.
Jean
Jean Loup
Captain
Captain

Postby Hagar » Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:40 am

I could be wrong but I'm not sure that what you want is possible. :think:

Default & 3rd party flights will load with whichever parameters were used when creating them, including the View settings.
Most will have that Gradual Transition setting enabled.

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
Member of the Fox Four Group
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Jean Loup » Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:39 pm

Gracias Hagar, I have a knack for the impossible to want. :snooty:
Jean
<<t
Jean Loup
Captain
Captain

Return to FS 2004 - A Century of Flight