Saitek Aviator Dead?

Graphics Cards, Sound Cards, Joysticks, Computers, etc. Ask or advise here!

Saitek Aviator Dead?

Postby Ed_Grimley » Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:31 pm

The axis's won't work properly. I have it installed on my XP machine where it worked before. I can steer to the left but not to the right and the elevators don't work. I've tried recalibrating it but it doesn't change anything. I've never had good luck with that piece of crap, I've always had to recalibrate it every time I've used it. Now it just won't work. Maybe it's time to give it a funeral. :violin:
Ed_Grimley
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: Saitek Aviator Dead?

Postby OldAirmail » Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:56 pm

It's pretty simple. If it's a "piece of crap", get rid of it. Buy a new joystick. End of story.
.. .
Get the most out of your controls - SPAD.neXt

. . . . . .Any time, any plane, any weather.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . Prepar3d V4
OldAirmail
Major
Major

Postby Ed_Grimley » Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:01 pm

Iv'e been thinking about that but it opens up a whole new can of worms. Today's joysticks require at least widows 7 and my old machine has XP. I don't know weather I should go down the road of upgrading the machine since it's so old and I don't really use it for anything other than flight sims which I don't use as much anymore. Also I tried putting CFS1 on my laptop which has win 10, and the addon scenery wouldn't show. Either way I go it seems like a slew of problems, so I'm trying to figure out which is the route with the least problems. I was looking at the Logitech Extreme 3D Pro, can it be made to work with XP in any way?
Ed_Grimley
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby OldAirmail » Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:00 pm

Ed_Grimley wrote:....
I was looking at the Logitech Extreme 3D Pro, can it be made to work with XP in any way?

I have it and there should be no problems. You XP system will see a USB/HID device without the need for any software.
.. .
Get the most out of your controls - SPAD.neXt

. . . . . .Any time, any plane, any weather.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . Prepar3d V4
OldAirmail
Major
Major

Postby Ed_Grimley » Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:28 pm

Cool, thanks. Maybe I'll go for one of those, I've seen them on Amazon for just over $40 cad.
Ed_Grimley
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Canuck1955 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:13 am

NCIX http://www.ncix.com/detail/logitech-ext ... omoid=1359
Probably just down the road from you and reliable and a local business whereas Amazon is not and there stuff is a pile of ......... Four PC related things I have ordered from Amazon, four things have been sent back as Broken upon arrival, wrong item, missing a part and packaging open and item clearly previously used.
Canuck1955
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby slimcooper2002 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:30 am

I've had my Logitech Extreem 3D Pro for about 7 yrs. and never had a problem with it. And I had XP when I got it. Its a very good low cost stick.
slimcooper2002
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Anthindelahunt » Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:04 am

I never had a problem with my 3D pro.
Just shove it in a usb socket and fly.

Anthin. :mrgreen:
Anthindelahunt
Major
Major

Postby Ed_Grimley » Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:10 pm

Thanks all, I will definitely get one now that I'm sure it will work.

Canuck1955 wrote:NCIX http://www.ncix.com/detail/logitech-ext ... omoid=1359
Probably just down the road from you and reliable and a local business whereas Amazon is not and there stuff is a pile of ......... Four PC related things I have ordered from Amazon, four things have been sent back as Broken upon arrival, wrong item, missing a part and packaging open and item clearly previously used.

Thanks for that, I almost ordered one on Amazon but I saw the part about Win 7 and up so I thought I'd better do a little research first. I'll probably go to Mike's Computers, they're pretty reliable and their price is not much more than the prices on Amazon.
Ed_Grimley
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Ed_Grimley » Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:24 pm

Well, the Logitech sure is a good stick, I must say. :mrgreen: I bought one and it works flawlessly. It works with all my sims and no annoying calibration BS. I've become very impressed with Logitech stuff over the years.
Ed_Grimley
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Anthindelahunt » Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:02 am

Glad you got it Ed.Logitech products are always
good and reliable.

Good Flights.

Anthin. :mrgreen:
Anthindelahunt
Major
Major

Postby napamule » Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:59 pm

The simple fix is to unplug it from USB socket. Wait 20 seconds. Then plug it back in. I (you?) could do this everytime I start the sim if I had to do it for it to 'work'. No big deal.

No use banging on it, shaking it, pulling the cord, pushing the cord in then back out, banging on case, unplug PC from power strip, replug, reboot PC, do a re-set (just to make sure), go calibrate (not once but twice!), disconnect everything USB, wait, wait, then go eat lunch, and cuss at it and finally TRY to buy a new one (or, at this point, a USED one) at Amazon. Sound familiar?

But, you COULD go to Amazon. Search for Microsoft Sidewinder 2. Get the cheapest one available and live happily ever after. Your choice.
Chuck B
Napamule
napamule
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Return to Hardware