One for the older crowd

What are you laughing at?

One for the older crowd

Postby Tug002 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:27 pm

An elderly couple had dinner at another couple’s house, and after eating, the wives left the table and went into the kitchen.
The two gentlemen were talking, and one said, “Last night we went out to a new restaurant and it was great… I would recommend it very highly.”
The other man said, “What is the name of the restaurant?”
The first man thought and thought and finally said, “What is the name of that flower you give to someone you love?
You know… The one that’s red and has thorns?”
“Do you mean a rose?”
“Yes, that’s the one!” replied the man. He then turned towards the kitchen and yelled,
“Rose honey, what’s the name of that restaurant we went to last night?”

Keep smiling
Tug :)
Tug002
Captain
Captain

Re: One for the older crowd

Postby Fozzer » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:34 pm

... :lol: ... :lol: ... :lol: ...!

I'm having exactly the same problem now....

Every time I have to think of a particular word, I have to go through the whole alphabet, from A to Z, in the hope that a letter will match with the word I am trying to think of..... :think: ...!

The sound of the letter "R" would match with "Rose"...

....hopefully!

A thorny subject!... :o ...!

Sometimes, its no fun getting old, and forgetful... :roll: ...!

Paul..... ;) ... ;) ...!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby pilotwin7 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:45 pm

Fozzer wrote:... :lol: ... :lol: ... :lol: ...!

I'm having exactly the same problem now....

Sometimes, its no fun getting old, and forgetful... :roll: ...!

Paul..... ;) ... ;) ...!

pilotwin7
Major
Major

Postby Shadowcaster » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:16 pm

Definitely relate to that :o :o :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cheers
Rich
All I ask is the chance to prove that money can't make me happy.

Spike Milligan
Shadowcaster
Major
Major

Postby Tug002 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:26 am

I am not even 60 yet and can't remember where I have put things. Good chance that In a few years I will be that guy sitting on the bench with just shoes on :lol: Oh nuts..............where did I park my bike last night :shock:

Keep smiling
Tug :)
Tug002
Captain
Captain

Postby bigcav » Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:31 am

I came across an old man sitting on a park bench crying. (Might have been Fozzer)
"What's the matter?" I asked.
"I'm ninety four years old." (It was Fozzer!) "I just married a thirty year old nymphomaniac brewery owner." he sobbed
"Well that's nothing to cry about." I said.
"It is when you cant remember where you live!" he balled.

Bigcav :violin:
bigcav
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Canuck1955 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:42 pm

Forgetfulness is a common problem yet I can clearly remember someones face and details with whom I had a fleeting interaction with 40+ years ago. Happens all the time. Anyone else?
Canuck1955
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Anthindelahunt » Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:41 pm

I can't even remember my own,let alone
someone else.

Anthin.. :lol: :lol: :oops:
Anthindelahunt
Major
Major

Postby H » Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:59 pm

Canuck1955 wrote:Forgetfulness is a common problem yet I can clearly remember someones face and details with whom I had a fleeting interaction with 40+ years ago. Happens all the time. Anyone else?
Unfortunately, I have difficulty remembering what happened yesterday... yesterday was 40 years ago, wasn't it? Strangely, I do remember things from when I was an infant in my mommy's arms... we were in Belfast, Maine, then... in a cottage overlooking the bay. My crib was next to a window on the bay side of the cottage. Next to my crib was a sofa chair where mom cradled me in her arms; across from the chair was the entry door, facing the street; to the left of the door, as we faced it from the chair, was the matching sofa. I was just starting to walk about the time we moved to New Hampshire. I've more memories of then -- but what happened yesterday?

8-)
H
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Jean Loup » Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:12 pm

Most of my life is in the here & now situation, either fixing motors or driving on the road or cooking at home, or meeting female eyes. One day I noticed the printed calendars started to be out of sinc. When I thought it was Monday after last night's Sunday, the calendars on the Wall said it was Wednesday. When I thought I was in April, the calendars said it was close to Christmas. I continued with earning my living as usual & nobody around me noticed me as unusual, since I am considered a bit excentric anyway in any comunity.

4 years passed by (acording to calendars: me, I remember them as two monts at the most!) and after a skydive, I felt strange when my feet touched the ground: I could remember the day duties!! It turns out after some investigation, I was struck by lightning. The first thing that did to me, was afecting my Hipotalamus on the function for receiving all senses inputs, potentiate them & distribute them into diferent áreas of the cortex. In simple words, it afected my short term memory, I stoped recording my deeds. I did not remember being struck at all since inmediate memory was erased. But long term memory was not afected, I could speak my 3 languages, my mechanical knowledge was there, the places I had lived in and my family, etc. I have recuperated about 70% & some days it´s less if I am tired. One bonus is all guilt complexes vanished, although my philosophy is not right & wrong, but cause & effect (because I tune movement when inspecting motors).

I also started writing, here my point of view in my blog (sorry, it's in Castilian spanish): https://mil-usos-descalzo.blogspot.mx/1991/03/candelarios-erroneos-19912000.html.
<<v <<t
...LiCENSE & REGiSTRATiON !!
Jean Loup
Captain
Captain

Return to Humour