I Can't fly!

FSX including FSX Steam version.

I Can't fly!

Postby Stormm_29 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:08 pm

So for the past month or so I have experienced an issue that occurs at around cruising altitude. The sim freezes, loads up gray and then freezes and my pc says fsx.exe has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware. Its very frustrating, I looked it up online and it did all the steps and nothing. I reinstalled FSX so it must be something on my pc. Any help is appreciated, I can't fly!
Stormm_29
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: I Can't fly!

Postby seblines23 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:55 pm

If you are running the boxed version of FSX, the first thing that jumps to my mind are the service packs, have you installed these and/or FSX:Acceleration (not needed if you are using FSX:SE). If you have FSX:SE or the service packs installed, this might be an anti-virus issue. If you have some kind of anti-virus, have you tried disabling it and then checking whether FSX runs normally?
seblines23
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Stormm_29 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:27 pm

seblines23 wrote:If you are running the boxed version of FSX, the first thing that jumps to my mind are the service packs, have you installed these and/or FSX:Acceleration (not needed if you are using FSX:SE). If you have FSX:SE or the service packs installed, this might be an anti-virus issue. If you have some kind of anti-virus, have you tried disabling it and then checking whether FSX runs normally?

I am running SE and my boxed version with acceleration works fine (apart from all the add-ons i have that make it unstable :p) I have turned off windows firewall and all that, only program I have running currently is Norton, could it be the issue?
Stormm_29
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby 1olehippy » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:45 pm

What OS are using? I am quite happy with Windows 7 Ultimate 64. Norton is a big memory eater and cost a monthly toll. How much memory do you have? The only anti-virus I've used for 4 years is Microsoft MSE, it's free and highly efficient. I run FSX Gold with 16 gigs memory with no problems. Frame rates maxed. I tried Windows 10, didn't like it and stayed with Win 7. Everything is stable, even with my many+ add ons.
1olehippy
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby pete » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:18 am

Hi,

What are your PC specs and as 1oh asked - OS?
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. – Leonardo da Vinci
pete
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Stormm_29 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:18 pm

pete wrote:Hi,

What are your PC specs and as 1oh asked - OS?

CPU:I5-4590T 2.00 GHz
RAM: 8gb
Intel HD graphics 4600

Yes I know these are horrible, but I've been able to do 15 hour flights without issue until now.
Stormm_29
Ground hog
Ground hog

Return to Flight Simulator X (FSX) and Steam