Forum Colors ....

Have you any suggestions for additional forums or improvements?

Re: Forum Colors ....

Postby Awaken » Sun Aug 07, 2016 11:15 pm

There is a U in COLOR you say? :think: ....Hum, next you'll tell me ZEE is actually ZED :lol:
AMD R5 1600 AF on ASROCK B450, Teamgroup 16GB DDR4 3000, GTX 1650 Super , 500 GB SSD and 3TB HDD, EVGA 500W PS, ASUS 27in. MX27A 2k monitor, Windows 10
Awaken
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Fozzer » Mon Aug 08, 2016 2:42 am

Awaken wrote:There is a U in COLOR you say? :think: ....Hum, next you'll tell me ZEE is actually ZED :lol:

...and that Saint Lewis (St Louis) is actually Saint Looee (St Louis)!.... :o ....!

Paul.... :lol: ...!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby SpaceHippy1975 » Mon Aug 08, 2016 4:46 am

Oh, & don't get me started on the removal of the ugh in Borough to Boro! (as in Farnborough, Peterborough, Scarborough etc!)

These sites are "gooduns" on explaining these things!

http://www.bbcamerica.com/anglophenia/2 ... -spellings

http://blog.oxforddictionaries.com/2015 ... sh-easier/

I do grudgingly admit that language does evolve over time but still, I do prefer the "Queen's English" method! :)
Flying: MSFS 2020 & P3D v5 ~ Given up on X-Plane 11
My Rig:
Intel Core i7 - 6700K CPU @ 4.5GHz,
ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero Z170 Motherboard,
EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SC2 GAMING 11GB GPU,
Patriot Viper 32GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM,
Asus ROG Strix XG32VQ Monitor,
Bose Companion 2 Series III Speakers,
Thrustmaster Warthog H.O.T.A.S & CH Rudder Pedals.
SpaceHippy1975
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Hagar » Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:47 am

Back on topic. :P

Anyone having a problem please post a screenshot of what you mean.

I don't think a screenshot would help as colours are dependent on individual display settings. Every system will be different to some extent & we all see the colours differently. You only have to go into a TV showroom to see what I mean.

It should also be remembered that with the flat screens used on most PC monitors, laptops etc. the shade of colour will vary depending on the angle it's viewed from. Colours will appear lighter with the viewpoint perpendicular to the screen & darker as it's tilted away from you. This might be all that's necessary to fix this issue.

PS. Here's a screenshot of the forum as I see it. I'm sure it will look the same to you as it always does.

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
Member of the Fox Four Group
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby OldAirmail » Mon Aug 08, 2016 4:57 pm

HAY! Your colo(u)rs match mine EXACTLY. :dance: :dance: :dance:
.. .
Get the most out of your controls - SPAD.neXt

. . . . . .Any time, any plane, any weather.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . Prepar3d V4
OldAirmail
Major
Major

Postby Jean Loup » Mon Aug 08, 2016 5:21 pm

OldAirmail wrote:...let's not forget Amelia's post from July 24 - The Yellow Letters Title Subject.

AMELiA never answered the Subject, must have disappeared over the Pacific... :think: Me, no problema with colors, or colours, or the UK :clap: :clap: :clap:

<<r
<<t
...LiCENSE & REGiSTRATiON !!
Jean Loup
Captain
Captain

Postby SpaceHippy1975 » Mon Aug 08, 2016 5:35 pm

Well my colours match what OldAirmail & Jean Loup have posted up.

Are you definitely sure that the monitor you are using is set-up correctly or is not on its way out?

Modern monitors have so many settings that can be altered as well as pre-sets for things such as Standard, Gaming, Movies, Dynamic to name a few?!

Regards,

Keith.
Flying: MSFS 2020 & P3D v5 ~ Given up on X-Plane 11
My Rig:
Intel Core i7 - 6700K CPU @ 4.5GHz,
ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero Z170 Motherboard,
EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SC2 GAMING 11GB GPU,
Patriot Viper 32GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM,
Asus ROG Strix XG32VQ Monitor,
Bose Companion 2 Series III Speakers,
Thrustmaster Warthog H.O.T.A.S & CH Rudder Pedals.
SpaceHippy1975
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Captain Midnight » Mon Aug 08, 2016 6:28 pm

Jean Loup wrote:
OldAirmail wrote:...let's not forget Amelia's post from July 24 - The Yellow Letters Title Subject.

See .... I can't read the link .... to ME, it's pale yellow (or gold if you're a SV moderator) against a while background and it's impossible to read.
.... and that's the truth!
:text-yeahthat:
Captain Midnight
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby logjam » Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:13 pm

Captain Midnight wrote:
Jean Loup wrote:

See .... I can't read the link .... to ME, it's pale yellow (or gold if you're a SV moderator) against a while background and it's impossible to read.
.... and that's the truth!
:text-yeahthat:

While I agree it's hard to read, it's not impossible. Have you explored a more serious problem . . and I don't mean to insult . . . colo(u)r blindnes in some form or other?
logjam
Major
Major

Postby Captain Midnight » Tue Aug 09, 2016 6:24 am

Jean Loup wrote:Image

What's your point? Most flat screens are typically best run at their Native resolution ..... AND ..... what's a NVIDIA?
....... Of course I know, but totally not applicable to many of us who use another "brand" of video card.
..... and Yes ..... I've had my eyes recently examined and there is no color blindness .... just these nasty cataracts ... NOT!
Hey look, whenever you choose to put a light/pale color up against a white background, there is often not enough contrast to clearly see the object. It just doesn't make sense to me to have a website have a low contrast color scheme ..... especially since it appears to be quite sensitive to monitor settings, pupil dilation, receptor rod health, haze in the air, fogginess in the brain et al.
Even UCLA changed their baby blue and gold color scheme because the players could not be seen on the field .... why can't SimV get with the times also? .... or do we switch to USC? (Little Bit of American football humor... or humour here)
Captain Midnight
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Jean Loup » Tue Aug 09, 2016 5:18 pm

Captain Midnight wrote:..... especially since it appears to be quite sensitive to monitor settings, pupil dilation, receptor rod health, haze in the air, fogginess in the brain et al.....

RODS allow night & peripheral vision, the CONES allow colour & focal vision. Me have 73 & a half years of fogginess in the brain BUT can read this forum clearly ( with reading glasses :ugeek: )

There is allways the recourse of marking with the mouse ( the gear in my case :think: ):

<<r <<t
...LiCENSE & REGiSTRATiON !!
Jean Loup
Captain
Captain

Postby Anthindelahunt » Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:30 am

Mine looks exactly like Hagar's and Oam's.Very
easy to read.

Anthin. :o
Anthindelahunt
Major
Major

Postby Captain Midnight » Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:40 am

WANTED

New monitors and graphic card ..... must be willing to travel to set up for customer
Customer must be able to "see" pale colors on SimV website in order to be paid
Inquire within.

.... and we thank you for your support

:music-rockout:
Captain Midnight
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby H » Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:41 am

Captain Midnight wrote:I've had my eyes recently examined and there is no color blindness.... just these nasty cataracts... NOT!
Hey, look, whenever you choose to put a light/pale color up against a white background, there is often not enough contrast to clearly see the object. It just doesn't make sense to me to have a website have a low contrast color scheme ...
Actually, I've had cataracts rimming my eyes for years which have slowly edged toward the pupils. At the moment, I can read this black on white screen quite well with my left eye (my left eye sees clearer up close, my right eye what's in the distance -- both are about the same for the 20 foot distance; I passed the eye test exam with 20/20 but they are testing for the 20-foot range, not the 20-inch range!). When I'm driving on a sunny day I have to wear sunglasses because the light refraction by the cataracts can nearly blind me at certain angles (I've worked and driven mostly at night over the years and my night vision is only hindered by oncoming headlamps -- but I've always had that problem). Even the light blue against white is somewhat hazed on this screen but I need to highlight yellow on white (reverting it to white on blue) to clearly read it. Nevertheless, I've met many older people without cataracts who now have a contrast problem with close color shades.
As to the mention of color blindness, my dad and uncle had no problem with the contrast. My uncle, however, was a very good artist -- wonderful pencil sketching -- but his coloring a picture might render a horse in green and brown or red grass. When my dad came upon the first horizontally-mounted street lamp, he implored, "Quick -- which color is lit!" He had a hard time distinguishing between reds, greens and browns.

8-)
H
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby slimcooper2002 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:19 pm

Can you adjust your contrast or brightness on your monitor to help see the letters better? Keep in mind we're only trying to help. This is one of the better forums out there for flight sims and would hate to you to miss out on the wealth of information and experience offered here because you can't see the writing.

And OAM, you know the movies/documentarys are rarely as good as the book, lol. The book is so much more descriptive. A good writer can put you right there alongside whatever it is your reading about. I love a good book.
slimcooper2002
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions for these forums