saitek rudder pedals

Other current Flight Simulators

saitek rudder pedals

Postby Donald Peck » Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:47 pm

anybody know where i can get a set of saitek pedals repaired. T hey are about a year old and the rudder function quit working, toe brakes work fine.
Donald Peck
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: saitek rudder pedals

Postby OldAirmail » Sun Jul 24, 2016 11:05 pm

Can you give us a bit more info?

For instance, if you're in Tokyo and I'm in Iowa, then it's unlikely that I can take a look at them. BTW - What type of Saitek pedals are they?

A better place to start would be for you to tell us how they are, or are not, working. Dog chew the cable?

Sometimes, you might be surprised what problems can be solved with a little help over the internet.
.. .
Get the most out of your controls - SPAD.neXt

. . . . . .Any time, any plane, any weather.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . Prepar3d V4
OldAirmail
Major
Major

Postby Donald Peck » Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:25 am

They are Saitek Pro-Flight pedals. The rudder function just quit working, when i bring up the test page there is no red bar to indicate rudder movement, just the ones for toe which work just fine. Ialso have a saitek av8r-01 stick hooked up and the rudder function works fine when using when using the twist stick for rudder control.
Donald Peck
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby OldAirmail » Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:40 pm

Just asking about the pedals because there are at least three rudder pedals made by Saitek, all of them using the "Pro Flight" trademark in their names.

So I still don't know which one you have;
Pro Flight™ Rudder Pedals
Pro Flight™ Cessna® Rudder Pedals
Pro Flight™ Combat Rudder Pedals

It probably doesn't matter anyway. But I do have the first set on that list. If needed I could take it apart to provide better help, provided that you have the same one.

As to the rudders working with the joystick, that's not going to be related to your problem with the rudder pedals.

Next questions - How old are they, and do you leave them plugged in all the time or do you use them only when you fly?
.. .

OldAirmail
Major
Major

Postby Donald Peck » Mon Jul 25, 2016 11:36 pm

they are the first ones on your list, they are about a year old. I leave them plugged in all the time. I have taken apart and all of the movements inside seem to be working as they should be. I am begining to think the problem is in the electronics, because i cannot get them to calabrate and they don't show up on test screen. Its just no fun landing a B-36 or a B-1 no rudder control.lol
Donald Peck
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Sinkrate » Mon Jul 25, 2016 11:55 pm

Hi Don,

Sorry to hear about your pedal problem. Just a thought - would it be a good idea to take a few photos of the inside of yours so that OAM can compare it to his?
Sinkrate
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby OldAirmail » Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:13 pm

OK, Don. If they were older there are a number things that it could be, but nothing comes to mind for what is basically new rudder pedals.

So here's a simple hardware test - Unplug your peddles from your computer. Check to make sure that both the cable end and the USB port that it plugs into are clear of anything (paper, lint, etc). Turn off the computer WITHOUT plugging the cable back in.

Now turn on the computer and wait for everything to get set up.

Make sure that your sound is on and up a little bit.

Plug in the cable and, if possible, watch the screen. If you can't watch the screen, have someone else plug it in while you watch the bottom right part of your main screen.

If there is a problem with Windows recognizing the hardware, you'll see a very brief message that Windows didn't recognize the hardware that was plugged in.

To make sure that it did get accepted, open up "Devices and Printers" from your "Control Panel". Depending on your version of Windows, the icons may look different.

.. .

OldAirmail
Major
Major

Return to Xplane, Flightgear, Orbiter and other Flight Simulators