P51D Restoration Packs

FSX including FSX Steam version.

P51D Restoration Packs

Postby TUCANTO » Tue Apr 12, 2016 8:21 am

ref. the P51D restoration packs, I find the canopy and gauges are black , so I am presuming they are not made for FSX Steam edition.
TUCANTO
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: P51D Restoration Packs

Postby Hagar » Tue Apr 12, 2016 11:24 am

FSX-SE is basically no different from FSX Gold + Acceleration. If it works in one it should work in the other.

I have both so downloaded the P-51D updates & tried them in SE. This is an FS9 model & in FSX the problem is in VC View. It's easily fixed by inverting the Alpha in the texture named glass_l.bmp. (A copy of the edited file has to be pasted into each Texture folder.)

If you don't know how to do it I've attached mine. Please tell me if that fixed it. This worked for me in a short test* but there is another texture named glassX_l.bmp that might need editing in the same way. *See shot below.

PS. I presume these are the files you mean --> http://simviation.com/1/search?submit=1&keywords=P-51D+restoration&categoryId=

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
Member of the Fox Four Group
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby TUCANTO » Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:54 am

M.Ssh. (1920 x 1080).jpg
M.Ssh. (1920 x 1080).jpg (112.43 KiB) Viewed 3714 times
Thanks for your reply, I have tried your fix ,still the same. maybe the other one will do it ?
TUCANTO
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Hagar » Wed Apr 13, 2016 10:37 am

Hmmm, that's odd. Are you sure you replaced the texture in all the P-51D texture folders with my new one? Did you try all the variations or just one? You might need to restart FSX to see any changes.

If you wish to try the other texture you can rename the file in my attachment to glassX_l.bmp. Then paste copies into all the Texture folders overwriting the existing files when prompted.

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Hagar » Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:34 am

I've just checked this out & there's something very odd going on here. I've discovered that the VC in the Daddy's Girl variation from Restorations pack 1 works fine without any modification. That's the one in my shot.

Please forget my earlier comments & the file in my attachment. I should have checked it out properly before uploading it. I'll let you know if I find an explanation. Apologies for wasting your time. :oops:

My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby pete » Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:37 pm

Doug,
I put a link in the download page for this in case users had similar problems although the package works fine for me without any problems or need to add any 'fix'.

I've tested it in FSX Acceleration and P3D 3.2 and no problems seen in either. Works out of the box for me ..... :think:
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. – Leonardo da Vinci
pete
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Hagar » Thu Apr 14, 2016 4:51 pm

OK, I finally figured it out. Each package has 4 variations using 2 different MDL files. The display problem is with the VC of the model.PR version. With my trusty deerstalker & magnifying glass I discovered there are 2 missing textures in the appropriate folders. The files in the attached zip should fix the problem. It won't hurt to paste copies into all Texture folders of the P-51D.

My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby TUCANTO » Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:15 am

That's cured it, very many thanks for your help, I wonder if your expertise can help with my post about the Formation tool not working in FSX Steam. ?
TUCANTO
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Hagar » Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:49 am

TUCANTO wrote:That's cured it, very many thanks for your help, I wonder if your expertise can help with my post about the Formation tool not working in FSX Steam. ?

Glad that fixed it.

I tried the Formation Tool in FSX-SE with no luck. No idea why it won't work but I'm no techie. I can't find any comments about it in the Steam forums.

My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby pete » Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:53 am

Just tried the patch Doug and it actually makes it almost impossible to see out in my p51. Reverted to the original and it's fine again.

So I guess it only applies to some. I will leave it as is in the main site with a link to this little post if anyone needs it.

Thanks

as posted on main site

with patch (aka 'sauna effect' ..... :D )

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. – Leonardo da Vinci
pete
Administrator
Administrator

Return to Flight Simulator X (FSX) and Steam