CAD file to .mdl

Anything to do with Aircraft Design, FSDS, G Max, Aircraft Animator, SDL Edit, etc. Novice or skilled - stop here & learn!

Re: CAD file to .mdl

Postby Dave T » Fri Apr 08, 2016 2:45 am

Looking good I like your reshaped yokes and good luck with getting to grips with Blender Dave.
Dave T
Major
Major

Postby Azframer » Fri Apr 08, 2016 3:54 pm

Dave T wrote:Looking good I like your reshaped yokes and good luck with getting to grips with Blender Dave.

Thanks Dave, I am still feeling pretty good about the progress, I feel it is coming slow, but that is what happens when you get into details of things. Basic shapes were easy, getting to the nuts and bolts is very time consuming.
The MIP is coming around so far. In the picture it has some overlaps in 2D but I will have that all worked out when I go to extruding to heights and depths needed.
Dang F-16's are flying above today slowing me down, I keep going out to see what is going on. I wished they were lower really.

Rick

Azframer
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby Azframer » Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:12 pm

Well I get to start with just the out line of that panel, Looking at a video of the 777-9X MIP the displays are bigger and looks like they are staggered about a inch. The one half over the center console is higher. So all above picture gets tossed except for the basic shape of the MIP.

Rick

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fop6Qu2 ... e=youtu.be
Azframer
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby Dave T » Sat Apr 09, 2016 11:11 am

Looks very similar to the 787 apart from the MFD screens are level.
Dave T
Major
Major

Postby Azframer » Sat Apr 09, 2016 12:01 pm

Dave T wrote:Looks very similar to the 787 apart from the MFD screens are level.

Yea I noticed that too. I am wondering what is in the clock area from the other 777 models, every shot that area is blocked by the yoke. I have a few shots from a payware 2D cockpit for 777-9X. Will include a picture. I had resize to get it uploaded The panels are not staggered at all in this model whoever makes it.

Rick
Azframer
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby Dave T » Sat Apr 09, 2016 12:27 pm

Have a look at this review and the pictures of the aerosim 787 VC might help you in your construction of your cockpit. http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/t ... 87_for_FSX
Dave T
Major
Major

Postby Azframer » Sat Apr 09, 2016 12:50 pm

Thanks Dave, after waking up this morning and not even opening up CAD yet looking at posts here and else where Facebook and such. I think I have decided I would complete the 777-200/300 model now and use that being that other things need to change that are already completed, then start work to finish the 8X/9X version as I get a clearer picture of the cockpit and some of its functions.

Thanks for for that link BTW

Rick
Azframer
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby Azframer » Sun Apr 10, 2016 4:08 am

Okay as you had seen I was up to here when I realized the panel was quite a bit different.

Then I went copletely by eye on getting this to this point and deciding as a whole I really did not have enough to go on for informaton on this panel. So I stashed it on another layer so I can come back to it when more info available.

Manage to get to this point in 3D mode tonight after almost starting from scratch on this again. Wished I had stashed what I had gotten done before wiping it out almost when I started the 8X/9X. :oops: But noooo :naughty: I had to do it the hard way :roll:

Rick
Azframer
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby Azframer » Mon Apr 11, 2016 4:14 am

A little contrasting colors to make it stand out a bit.
Rick

Azframer
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby Azframer » Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:12 pm

Well I have gotten more detail done on the MIP. I still need to go back and put the kill switch on the auto pilot on the auto pilot panel.

Rick

Azframer
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby Dave T » Fri Apr 15, 2016 4:42 pm

Its good to see how much you have progressed with your project.
Dave T
Major
Major

Postby Azframer » Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:01 pm

Dave T wrote:Its good to see how much you have progressed with your project.

Thanks Dave, it is coming along, starting to slow again, trying to transition to Blender so I can get front cockpit outer shape made up so I can fill in a little more. I asked for help with Blender at the other development site and was told to search for it on my own. The guy said there is a bunch of it out there. But I have to weed through what is bad directions on how to do what Krispy dose so well.
I found a link to one guys video and it was going well and out of the blue he starts talking about a movie.... Just totally blew off what his purpose for making a video.
Maybe cold because I started it in CAD because that is where I was comfortable. But what the hay..... I don't want to really bug Krispy he has done so much with the videos he has made.

Rick
Azframer
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby Azframer » Sat Apr 16, 2016 1:11 pm

I think I am starting to get the hang of Blender now. I got my profiles of the background 777 fuselage in and added a cylinder and started putting loop cuts in and shaping it. Problem arises when I forget to limit what axis I am trying to scale. But anyhow I will try and get some pictures posted of the front fuselage today if I can quit screwing up.

Rick
Azframer
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby Azframer » Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:27 pm

Okay I was hoping to at least have the windows cut in for the cockpit. :twisted: For the life of me I can not figure out how to do it. I have a couple videos downloaded, tutorials for blender and neither really show how to do windows on a odd shaped cylinder. Kind of bummed out at this point.

Rick

Azframer
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby Azframer » Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:28 pm

I am ready to throw in the towel on this one, can't figure out the windows, nobody wants to point me in the right direction. Not even a link to a video with non square windows.
Going to toss it in my Google files and forget about it until I find out how to do the windows.

Rick
Azframer
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

PreviousNext

Return to Aircraft & 3D Design