Cfs1 on Win7...

General discussion for CFS - the original European Air War Combat Flight Simulator

Cfs1 on Win7...

Postby Zigg49 » Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:41 am

Hi guys,
Just thought I'd say how pleased I was to find out that it's possible to run cfs1 on win7! That little patch by "aproblem_asolution" works like a charm! :D So much fun!!
Zigg49
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: Cfs1 on Win7...

Postby logjam » Thu Oct 15, 2015 5:42 pm

I'm sorry that I junked CFS1 years ago along with B.O.B. Had lots of fun practising AI's.
logjam
Major
Major

Postby Fozzer » Fri Oct 16, 2015 2:25 am

I still run my CFS 2 now and again, just for the experience.

I think that CFS 2 was the most popular out of the CFS Series.

...and constantly getting shot down in Multiplayer is always frustrating!.... :( ..... :lol: ....!

Paul.... :D ...!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby logjam » Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:59 am

I never did get CFS2, but I still have CFS3 which is too gamey for me. Tried it for a year and got so frustrated that I shoved it in the drawer and forgot about combat simulators.
logjam
Major
Major

Postby H » Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:18 pm

Now that my XP unit is disabled from too many power failures, I'm running CFS on my Windows 7 dis, er, computer; I pulled the hard drive from the XP, which had all my (C)FS programs, and currently have it in the Windows 7 unit. I do have one major problem; all of my repaints already done with XP are correct but I can't render a repaint in Windows 7 (I can do the repaint with my paint shop and revert to 256 colors but, when displayed in the game, the colors aren't correct). Hmmm... I just thought... I may need to recheck and make sure CFS is set to run in 256 colors...
I do have CFS2 but don't play it much; tried CFS3, which was incompatible with FS/CFS1/CFS2, and didn't care for it so I returned it On a few occasions I want to search out runway locations so I engage FS2002.

H
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Hindustan67 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:39 pm

CFS-1 runs on Windows 7???????? :-O WTH did I do with my CD? Gotta go find it. It was the best in the CFS series by Microsoft I think. CFS 2 was OK but one couldn't leave the Pacific Theater....hence it was called that. CFS 3 I have in the drawer.....it sucks.
So here is my other issue.

Non-registered visitors can download only 2 files simultaneously. If you get this message in error please try deleting Temp Internet files (cache) in your browser
Get the above message every-time I try to download more than 2 files.Have deleted cookies, have cleared cache have done so like 4 times. Including history.
HELP
Hindustan67
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby H » Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:11 am

Hindustan67 wrote:CFS-1 runs on Windows 7???????? :-O WTH did I do with my CD? Gotta go find it. It was the best in the CFS series by Microsoft I think. CFS 2 was OK but one couldn't leave the Pacific Theater....hence it was called that. CFS 3 I have in the drawer.....it sucks.
So here is my other issue.

Non-registered visitors can download only 2 files simultaneously. If you get this message in error please try deleting Temp Internet files (cache) in your browser
Get the above message every-time I try to download more than 2 files.Have deleted cookies, have cleared cache have done so like 4 times. Including history.
HELP
Sorry I can't help you where you want it most but I do have some comment on your other mentions.
I've created a separate CFS1 Pacific program since I'm much better at file manipulation in that program -- but, Just as CFS1 can use FS98 scenery, CFS2 can utilize CFS1 scenery; copy the older program's scenery bgl's go into the newer program's scenery folder, then the corresponding textures need to be copied from texture folder (it's simpler to copy the entire texture content) into the newer one's.
Of course, some other work needs be done to have the European runways available and CFS2 doesn't use the same mission format as CFS1.

As for CFS3, it's in someone else's drawer -- I returned it.

8-)
H
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Hagar » Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:34 am

H wrote:
Hindustan67 wrote:CFS-1 runs on Windows 7???????? :-O WTH did I do with my CD? Gotta go find it. It was the best in the CFS series by Microsoft I think. CFS 2 was OK but one couldn't leave the Pacific Theater....hence it was called that. CFS 3 I have in the drawer.....it sucks.
Sorry I can't help you where you want it most but I do have some comment on your other mentions.
I've created a separate CFS1 Pacific program since I'm much better at file manipulation in that program -- but, Just as CFS1 can use FS98 scenery, CFS2 can utilize CFS1 scenery; copy the older program's scenery bgl's go into the newer program's scenery folder, then the corresponding textures need to be copied from texture folder (it's simpler to copy the entire texture content) into the newer one's.
Of course, some other work needs be done to have the European runways available and CFS2 doesn't use the same mission format as CFS1.

This is an old topic. Both CFS1 & 2 run fine on Windows 10.
There is plenty of 3rd party scenery available to extend the CFS2 default area. Here's just a few by my old friend Steve McClelland.
http://simviation.com/1/search?submit=1&keywords=steve+mcclelland&categoryId=3&page=0&filename=

You might also like to check out Fox Four's CFS2 Korea from the link in my sig.

Hindustan67 wrote:Non-registered visitors can download only 2 files simultaneously. If you get this message in error please try deleting Temp Internet files (cache) in your browser
HELP

As stated this is a limit for non-registered members of the Simviation website using the free download option. If you wish to download more than two files simultaneously you can become a registered member for a small fee.

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
Member of the Fox Four Group
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby ozzy72 » Tue May 09, 2017 11:15 am

When are the Fox Four boys releasing some new campaign material Hagar, I really feel like doing some beta-testing.
ozzy72
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Hagar » Tue May 09, 2017 5:23 pm

ozzy72 wrote:When are the Fox Four boys releasing some new campaign material Hagar, I really feel like doing some beta-testing.

Sadly I lost touch with the gang a long time ago. The website is still online but hasn't been updated since 2013.

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
Member of the Fox Four Group
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby slimcooper2002 » Tue May 09, 2017 5:35 pm

I used to have Steves Far east scenery for cfs2, one of my favorite add ons
slimcooper2002
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant