Using bad words, including the F_word

Have you any suggestions for additional forums or improvements?

Using bad words, including the F_word

Postby H_PAUL » Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:28 am

Well its time to write an official warning!
I've received more complaints in the past month than in the proceeding year about obnoxious or offensive posts, so here is the offical guide-lines;
NO POLITICS
NO RELIGION
NO XENOPHOBIA1

Please remember that we are an international forum with members from all corners of the world. There have been a number of threads recently breaking these rules, they tend to be started by some of our newer members so this is a friendly little guide for you all ;) We all have strong opinions on these matters, and as this is a friendly forum we avoid these topics. That way there are no bad feelings ;)
Anyone breaching this WILL have the thread locked, and WILL be reported to the webmaster and could well see themselves banned, and I'm sure you don't want that :)

Thanks
Ozzy

Unfortunately, I've noticed Ozzy uses the (F word) quite often, including others using poor taste in judgement when it comes to using bad language................personally, I used to enjoy , not only reading, but if anyone as noticed, posting screenshots, that has ceased etc...................to this forum , with it's increasing use of BAD choice of words ( excuse me, but has anyone thought that maybe, just maybe, they might have their grandkids or children view this forum ??????) this is a poor example to say the least !!! Pete, I've known and posted many addons to your site for years....................I'm not happy with what has transpired as of late..................
H_PAUL
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Using bad words, including the F_word

Postby pete » Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:34 am

Hi Paul

I have often thought about kids reading the forums when reading certain posts - we know they do use FS and also read the forums to find answers, etc

Very occasionally I see a post that is definitely adult aimed but not often enough for it to be considered a problem, IMHO. Couple that with the open and trusting attitude we try to have here and overall the forums are pretty well behaved and friendly from what I read. Not perfect and if you have an example I will look at it .... (I don't think anyone except Fozzer reads all the posts :D )

On the rare occasions I read other FS forums (about 4x per year) it occurs to me that there is sometimes an arrogant attitude that simply isn't here. We really do try to promote friendliness. It is true that new members are as valued as long time, high post members.

(Not aware of Ozzy (Mark) using the F word ???)

Out of interest what's your name in our site? :)
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. – Leonardo da Vinci
pete
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Fozzer » Thu Aug 27, 2015 5:03 am

.... :lol: ... :lol: ...!

All I've got to do all day is read Forum Posts, and chuckle to myself with all the amusing (and sometimes sensible) stuff in the posts!

I take it all in my stride, and never get annoyed or upset at any of the Posts!.... :D ..!

Regarding the "Little Ones", I suspect that many of them nowadays know more about "life" in general.... ;) ...., that we "Grown-Ups" have long forgotten...(or didn't know about!)...and they are not fazed by anything nowadays!

I would be amazed if I knew of some of the stuff that my Children, Grandchildren, Great-grandchildren watch and read on the Internet!... :whistle: ....!

Life is far too short to get "prudish", or "upset" over things...I reckon!.. ;) ....!

Sim V is OK... I enjoy it!... :dance: ...!

Paul.... :D ...!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Shadowcaster » Thu Aug 27, 2015 5:22 am

Fozzer wrote:
Regarding the "Little Ones", I suspect that many of them nowadays know more about "life" in general.... ;) ...., that we "Grown-Ups" have long forgotten...(or didn't know about!)...and they are not fazed by anything nowadays!

I would be amazed if I knew of some of the stuff that my Children, Grandchildren, Great-grandchildren watch and read on the Internet!... :whistle: ....!

Life is far too short to get "prudish", or "upset" over things...I reckon!.. ;) ....!

Our house backs on the children's play area and it's quite an eye opener, the language is unbelievable :shock: :shock: and they do this with their parents there. Most of the kids are 5 to 8 years old :shock: :shock:
All I ask is the chance to prove that money can't make me happy.

Spike Milligan
Shadowcaster
Major
Major

Postby Tug002 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:23 am

shadowcaster wrote:
Fozzer wrote:

Our house backs on the children's play area and it's quite an eye opener, the language is unbelievable :shock: :shock: and they do this with their parents there. Most of the kids are 5 to 8 years old :shock: :shock:

Not to make light of the post I sometimes have to edit my posts as not to offend anyone but since I retired I drive a school but with kindergarden students on it and let me tell you the know all of the words that shouldn't be spoken quite well :o . This doesn't make it right to post it, just saying. I still find this forum very friendly and interesting. I have yet to be offended by anyone here and enjoy reading the posts every day. :clap:

Keep smiling
Tug :)
Tug002
Captain
Captain

Postby ftldave » Thu Aug 27, 2015 7:50 am

I'm a parent, got one still at home, too, and I'm glad to see this notification. Too many posts are, indeed, in bad taste and shouldn't be on a post related to our hobby. It makes the site look bad, not to mention how it reflects on the poster. Sure, I expect to hear crude language in the parking lot at Wal-Mart, in a bar, or from rude, dumb teenagers, but it's wrong to think it's okay on a nice forum like Simviation. Kudos to the moderators for the reminder that foul language really isn't cool or funny.
ftldave
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby Travis » Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:21 am

Pete, I believe the post H is referring to is "America, F@&# Yeah!" in the Humor or General Discussion section. H, I would like to point out that the title of that post is taken from the theme song for Team America: World Police, which is a satirical movie involving puppets and over-enthusiastic patriotism. Its intended as a joke, but some people don't take it as such.
Travis
Major
Major

Postby Fozzer » Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:04 pm

Flippin' heck!... :? ...!

(...Ooops! Another naughty "F" word!)... :o ...!

If I spot something in a Post which doesn't quite float my boat, I just move on to another post...No problemo!... :D ...!

Paul... :mrgreen: ...!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby pete » Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:15 pm

OK I looked at this post -- Mark (Ozzy) was merely applying the original title to another group -- 'nice people'

I have asked the original poster more than once to please tone down the political element of his postings - but we don't encourage one sided thinking here. We welcome a diversity of people. After all - commies and facists - as well as those who don't think along those extremes - all indulge in FS :) O0

I completely agree about bad language -- but there has to be a balance - and if you take rules too far -- the result is a general clampdown resulting in a manacled forum. This is why I say, absolutely overall, these forums are VERY well behaved. Have you guys read youtube lately? (not meant to be a serious question as we all do) ;)

I think any kid would have to look far and wide to find a more well behaved and respectful set of people. I really think that. ^-^ ^-^ ^-^ ^-^
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. – Leonardo da Vinci
pete
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Jean Loup » Thu Aug 27, 2015 4:50 pm

Fozzer wrote:Flippin' heck!... :? ...!

(...Ooops! Another naughty "F" word!)... :o ...!

If I spot something in a Post which doesn't quite float my boat, I just move on to another post...No problemo!... :D ...!

Paul... :mrgreen: ...!

NO HERR FOZZER, it is not "no problemo": in castilian language, it is writen "problemA" (as if it has a feminine atribute, but it's masculin) as in EL problema, or No hay Problema (=there is no problem- we put a verve in castilian, or frase has no meaning). Not only naughty words, but misspelled also!! & in various languages, poor grammar & shame on this GREAT among GREAT forums :violin: :violin: :violin:
BUT was NEVER OFFENDED by ANYONE, only good help with my beginers problems when doing installs the wrong way, & great aircraft for my FS 2004 <<q <<q <<q
...LiCENSE & REGiSTRATiON !!
Jean Loup
Captain
Captain

Postby OldAirmail » Thu Aug 27, 2015 5:05 pm

I did a search (it's up there on the right) for the four letter F word.

All four of the letters were used twice.

Once in a quote, and once a couple of years ago by a person that made a total of four post (a coincidence?, don't know). Only one of which included all four letters.

Seriously, although I use foul language day to day, and I've heard much worse from "children", I try to restrict it's use here.

My view of religion, is that any religion who's holy book says to kill people that don't believe the same as they do is dangerous. Other than that, I have no objections if someone is religious or not. If they're civil about it, let them talk. Just keep it in one location,and I'll be happy to never click on it.

Not so seriously.

As to "NO POLITICS", I have no problem with the discussion of politics here, so long as the idiots on the other side can be rained in.

And I look on xenophobia as a simple means of easy discrimination. After all, I'm normal. It's those people who dress & look funny that should be sent some place bad, like California.

And did I mention proper American English? Now there's a topic for discussion! Put them on an island, that's what I say.
.. .
Get the most out of your controls - SPAD.neXt

. . . . . .Any time, any plane, any weather.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . Prepar3d V4
OldAirmail
Major
Major

Postby G.K. » Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:21 am

From "Hastings Chronicles" 1875:

G.K.
Captain
Captain

Return to Suggestions for these forums