Desperate Aircraft Request

Anything to do with Aircraft Design, FSDS, G Max, Aircraft Animator, SDL Edit, etc. Novice or skilled - stop here & learn!

Re: Desperate Aircraft Request

Postby Krispy1001 » Thu Aug 06, 2015 4:54 pm

tomvaillencourt wrote:Kris did 95% of the work.. All I did was give him suggestions along the way, tweaked the flight characteristics a bit, and added some basic textures. The modeling is entirely his!

Mr. Tom! Your texturing artistic ability made the AltraMax look incredible. Don't short sale your ability.

Your Friend, Kris ^-^
Living By Faith

Philippians 4:6

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell GOD what you need, and thank him for all he has done.(NLT)
Krispy1001
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Krispy1001 » Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:27 pm

Hi Everyone!

Here is another image of my work on the pilot.

Thanks, Kris ^-^
Living By Faith

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell GOD what you need, and thank him for all he has done.(NLT)
Krispy1001
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby tomvaillencourt » Fri Aug 07, 2015 3:28 am

This pilot is looking great Kris! I don't know what you were so worried about. I'm sure he's alot of work, but everyone will appreciate it. I just want to thank you sincerely for your dedication to this project! It's still my favorite aircraft! I just love low and slow exploring!
tomvaillencourt
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby BlueSkies » Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:30 am

I'm starting to get very excited the way this Pilot is taking shape.
It's going to be the icing on the cake of this lovely project.
You should both give yourselves a great big pat on the back guys.
Well done to both of you ! :clap:
BlueSkies

Postby E-Buzz » Fri Aug 07, 2015 11:37 am

Amazing! Just amazing work! It was great to be able to watch an idea slowly take shape and become reality!
Great job you guys! :clap: :clap: :clap:

E-Buzz
E-Buzz
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Krispy1001 » Fri Aug 07, 2015 12:13 pm

tomvaillencourt wrote:This pilot is looking great Kris! I don't know what you were so worried about. I'm sure he's alot of work, but everyone will appreciate it. I just want to thank you sincerely for your dedication to this project! It's still my favorite aircraft! I just love low and slow exploring!

Hi Tom!

Well I have to say it's not easy but it is a good learning experience. Thank you very much for your input and for pushing me. I am a better modeler for it.

Your Friend, Kris ^-^
Living By Faith

Krispy1001
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Krispy1001 » Fri Aug 07, 2015 12:23 pm

Hi Guys!

Thank you very much BlueSkies, and E-Buzz!

I am going to try to have the pilot done by next month if GOD willing. I still have a lot to do. I have to finish modeling the head, uv-unwrap and texture, and setup a lower poly version of the pilot for each LOD of the aircraft model for FSX.

I am also going to setup the aircraft so that you can choose to have a pilot or not to have a pilot for each color scheme.

I will keep everyone up to date on my progress.

Thanks, Kris ^-^
Living By Faith

Krispy1001
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby tomvaillencourt » Fri Aug 07, 2015 4:58 pm

Hey Kris, that's a great idea! I wonder if this is something we can put on a toggle rather than as a seperate aircraft.. We could also see if we can get the aircraft to rest on the tail when unoccupied! I don't have a clue how to do it, but I know it's possible! Remember the Quad City Challenger's in FS9? It was published by The Golden Eagles Squadron and Custom Classics. What a great little bird that was! It would rest on the tail till you hit a button then the pilot would show up and the nose wheel would plop down. Even if we can't figure that out, it will be nice to have the option!
tomvaillencourt
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Krispy1001 » Sat Aug 08, 2015 5:03 pm

tomvaillencourt wrote:Hey Kris, that's a great idea! I wonder if this is something we can put on a toggle rather than as a seperate aircraft.. We could also see if we can get the aircraft to rest on the tail when unoccupied! I don't have a clue how to do it, but I know it's possible! Remember the Quad City Challenger's in FS9? It was published by The Golden Eagles Squadron and Custom Classics. What a great little bird that was! It would rest on the tail till you hit a button then the pilot would show up and the nose wheel would plop down. Even if we can't figure that out, it will be nice to have the option!

Hi Mr. Tom!

That isn't exactly what I was talking about. What I meant was I will make it possible to pick if you want a pilot or not have a pilot when you choose the aircraft. But what you are talking about sounds very neat. I will look into it and see if I can figure out how to do that.

Thanks, Kris ^-^
Living By Faith

Krispy1001
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby tomvaillencourt » Sun Aug 09, 2015 6:16 pm

No I knew what you were describing, I was just trying to tell you how you could go even a step further with the feature. Having it the way you describe sounds good too, I'm just not sure (if there is a model with a pilot), that anyone would have a reason to select the one without it. might just make more sense to set up the new piloted model as a direct replacement for the previous version. Either way, do it however your creative instinct tells you to. This is your work of art, and it's fantastic no matter what!
tomvaillencourt
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Krispy1001 » Thu Aug 20, 2015 5:31 pm

Hi everyone!

Here is an image of the pilot model complete. All I have to do now is texture him and animate him.

Thanks, Kris :-)
Living By Faith

Krispy1001
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby tomvaillencourt » Fri Aug 21, 2015 1:09 am

Excellent!! Looks great!
tomvaillencourt
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Krispy1001 » Mon Aug 24, 2015 7:49 pm

Thanks, Tom!

Here is another image of what I have done on the pilot.

Thanks, Kris :-)
Living By Faith

Krispy1001
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Dave T » Tue Aug 25, 2015 3:33 am

looking forward to trying her out been following your posts well done both of you.
Dave T
Major
Major

Postby tomvaillencourt » Tue Aug 25, 2015 6:53 am

This is really great Kris! Can't wait to fly with him! By the way I did notice something that you may or may not want to fix with the next release. The "no panel" versions still have a panel in the LOD models, so if you're using fly-by view, you can see the panel disappear and re-appear as the airplane goes by. It's barely noticeable though, so if it's not a simple fix I wouldn't worry too much.

Pilot looks great! Can't wait to paint up some airplane matching suits!
tomvaillencourt
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

PreviousNext

Return to Aircraft & 3D Design