AI Traffic confusion

Adding Aircraft Traffic, airport gates, etc, to your Sim - AFCAD, TTools, Project AI, AI Aircraft, etc

AI Traffic confusion

Postby gilboy » Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:37 am

Can someone explain to me what's happening and what to do. Let me explain I have installed on my computer ICE AI traffic v5.0 (FSX)and very happy with it, However it came to light that there was a V6.01 on the way and I waited in anticipation that this was not to long in the making. I was then told that ICE was dead and was replaced with SKY traffic v1.0 Is this version an update of the original ICE v5.0 version or a backward step. Looking forward to your replies.
Regards
gilboy.
gilboy
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: AI Traffic confusion

Postby garymbuska » Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:26 pm

gilboy wrote:Can someone explain to me what's happening and what to do. Let me explain I have installed on my computer ICE AI traffic v5.0 (FSX)and very happy with it, However it came to light that there was a V6.01 on the way and I waited in anticipation that this was not to long in the making. I was then told that ICE was dead and was replaced with SKY traffic v1.0 Is this version an update of the original ICE v5.0 version or a backward step. Looking forward to your replies.
Regards
gilboy.

I saw a similar post about this as well as for Sky traffic some are saying it is a illegal copy. I have no Idea
I would just Google AI traffic for FSX or FS9 and see what you get.
Apparently a lot of the AI makers are going under as World of AI did.
<<s
Gary M Buska
SYSTEM Specs ASUS P8Z68 V/GEN 3 mother board: INTELL I7 2600k 3.48 ghz Quad core CPU with Sandy bridge: 12 Gigs of 1800hz ram:
GTX 950 OVER CLOCKED: 2 Gigs Ram Windows 10 Home 64 bit Operating system. 750W Dedicated modular power supply. Two Internal 1TB hard drives 1 External 1TB 3.2 USB hard drive. SAITEK Cessna flight Yoke with throttles.
CH Rudder Peddles 27 inch Wide screen Monitor
garymbuska
Major
Major

Postby gilboy » Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:46 pm

Still not got an answer to my question, someone out their must know if SKY AI traffic version 1.0 is better or worse than ICE traffic version 5.0.
gilboy
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby tgibson » Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:00 am

Most people here do not use illegal packages, and do not comment on them.
tgibson
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby gilboy » Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:28 am

Who said they are not a legal add on, that's news to me. Are you telling me that is the case? If so what about all the downloads offered on this site are some of these illegal as well? Does having to pay for something render it 'Legal' ?
gilboy
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Blaunarwal » Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:59 am

gilboy wrote:Who said they are not a legal add on, that's news to me. Are you telling me that is the case? If so what about all the downloads offered on this site are some of these illegal as well? Does having to pay for something render it 'Legal' ?

Unfortunately I can't tell you either if it's a step forward or not from 5 to 6 to 1. I guess it's just a method to shake off the bad reputation. Probably 1.0 is 6.01.

And it's funny, how people always enervate about the ilegality of this package, which is just a collection of freeware from authors who feel omited, because no one has asked them for permission to put their contribution in one big package.

Repackaging seems to be the new way to publish something in the community, if you can't design something yourself. There are a lot of packages here on Simvitation which no one critizises.
OS=WIN11, P3D5
MB=ASUS Z390F-Gaming, CPU=i9700K OC @4.9 GHz, Cooling=Arctic Liquid Freezer II
GPU=KFA2 RTX3090 24 GB, RAM=32 GB DDR4-3200, Saitek X52 Pro
Visit my website: https://sites.google.com/view/dans-p3d-mods
Blaunarwal
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby CaySmith » Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:17 am

I have installed the SkyAI 1.0 for FSX and it works fine and looks fine too! Doesn't really hog FPS but I get about - 3-5 FPS in different areas. It looks good, it works good, and I highly recommend this for anyone who plays and of the supported simulators! If you are wondering, it is basically ICE AI 6.01 (for you FSX'ers and FS2004'ers, there is an SP1) I have had lots of fun with this package!
CaySmith
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby garymbuska » Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:44 pm

gilboy wrote:Who said they are not a legal add on, that's news to me. Are you telling me that is the case? If so what about all the downloads offered on this site are some of these illegal as well? Does having to pay for something render it 'Legal' ?

I would say it is a safe bet that there are no illegal files on this site. Most of the other sites will not allow then as well it is the off the wall sites that you have to watch.
I would stay away form files that use unknown means to zip files up with. Sites like LIMEWIRE are a good example of sites to stay clear off.
I would not trust any file from this site. There are quite a few Pirate sites out there and trust me you want no part of them.
Remember the old saying if it sounds to good to be true you can bet that there is a catch somewhere or another.
Any one visiting these sites will usually get something they did not want. A virus is the least of your problems if you keep personal information on your system I would strongly advise to stay clear of these site as your information could get hacked.
:naughty: :violin:
Gary M Buska
SYSTEM Specs ASUS P8Z68 V/GEN 3 mother board: INTELL I7 2600k 3.48 ghz Quad core CPU with Sandy bridge: 12 Gigs of 1800hz ram:
GTX 950 OVER CLOCKED: 2 Gigs Ram Windows 10 Home 64 bit Operating system. 750W Dedicated modular power supply. Two Internal 1TB hard drives 1 External 1TB 3.2 USB hard drive. SAITEK Cessna flight Yoke with throttles.
garymbuska
Major
Major

Postby gilboy » Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:09 am

Would I need to delete my ICE AI traffic v5.0 before installing the SKY AI traffic v1.0 ?
gilboy
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Blaunarwal » Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:43 am

gilboy wrote:Would I need to delete my ICE AI traffic v5.0 before installing the SKY AI traffic v1.0 ?

I have the ICE AI aircraft in a separate folder, also the traffic.bgl file for it. So I can declare it used or not in the FSX.cfg (simobjects location) and scenery.cfg the traffic.bgl. If you have it just within all your other aircraft and the traffic file in scenery\world\scenery\, it's better to remove it before installing a new one. Be also aware, that too much simobjects, slows down your sim. So it's better not to have them all activated and between ICE AI and Sky AI you will have a lot of aircraft with the same name which gives you errors, since every object needs its own name.
OS=WIN11, P3D5
Blaunarwal
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby garymbuska » Fri Jul 31, 2015 7:43 am

Blaunarwal wrote:
gilboy wrote:Would I need to delete my ICE AI traffic v5.0 before installing the SKY AI traffic v1.0 ?

I have the ICE AI aircraft in a separate folder, also the traffic.bgl file for it. So I can declare it used or not in the FSX.cfg (simobjects location) and scenery.cfg the traffic.bgl. If you have it just within all your other aircraft and the traffic file in scenery\world\scenery\, it's better to remove it before installing a new one. Be also aware, that too much simobjects, slows down your sim. So it's better not to have them all activated and between ICE AI and Sky AI you will have a lot of aircraft with the same name which gives you errors, since every object needs its own name.

Solid advise here. I never understood why some people want so much traffic it does nothing except create problems. One good example is when you are on short final and have been cleared to land when all of a sudden a plane goes right by you and lands ahead of you and you are told to go around.
I sometimes turn off AI when I see a lot of traffic around a airport just so this will not happen. I do not have many flight plans on my system and keep them turned down to a reasonable quantity. <<s
Gary M Buska
garymbuska
Major
Major

Postby Blaunarwal » Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:50 am

garymbuska wrote:
Blaunarwal wrote:

Solid advise here. I never understood why some people want so much traffic it does nothing except create problems. One good example is when you are on short final and have been cleared to land when all of a sudden a plane goes right by you and lands ahead of you and you are told to go around.
I sometimes turn off AI when I see a lot of traffic around a airport just so this will not happen. I do not have many flight plans on my system and keep them turned down to a reasonable quantity. <<s

There are tools to manage traffic at airports. AISmooth is one. That makes the traffic more fluent and removes aircraft in your flight path.
OS=WIN11, P3D5
Blaunarwal
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

afficRe: AI Traffic confusion

Postby tsel » Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:39 am

Where can I download ICE or SKAI traffic? <<u
tsel
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby JamesMendez » Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:16 pm

galiibabe wrote:Who said they are not a legal add on, that's news to me. Are you telling me that is the case? If so what about all the downloads offered on this site are some of these illegal as well? Does having to pay for something render it 'Legal' ?

Word of AI. Aim to provide the Flight Simulator user with easy to install, high-quality AI traffic packages to enhance the virtual skies of FS9 or FSX. In the past years we saw some confusion about people talking about 'World of AI models'.
JamesMendez
Ground hog
Ground hog

Return to Adding Aircraft Traffic (AI) & Gates