Newbie in AI traffic, need some help

Adding Aircraft Traffic, airport gates, etc, to your Sim - AFCAD, TTools, Project AI, AI Aircraft, etc

Newbie in AI traffic, need some help

Postby snoopy51 » Tue Mar 10, 2015 4:59 pm

Hi, I have just started to add some ai traffic in my FSX and that have made it much more fun to fly around traffic made by myself, but I have some questions:

1st question: I have made some changings to a stock airport.bgl with ADE X and now my question is:
if I fx changed an bgl which is placed in "FSX\scenery\0601\scenery\APX49140.bgl"
where do I put my new bgl. file in"FSX\scenery\World\scenery" ?? (as I would mean are the right place)
and will it now load this file instead the one in APX 49140, as I can´t remove because it contained several airports, and I haven´t foud a way to remove a single airport in a stock bgl file.

2nd question: is it possible to make a waypoint in a flightplan instead the aircraft have to land in another airport before returning back to starting airport (I am using A I Flightplanner v.3.1.06)

3rd question: the flightplans I have made Works just fine, except that I can only seldom see the airplanes coming towards the arriving airport when I go on that airport and look at air traffic in FSX.

4rd question: is there anyway to make AI airplanes start and fly in formation ? even if I give 2 aircraft the excactly same start data they will start seperately and fly with a distance betweem them on about 4 miles.(see below)
AC#1,ET-198,1%,Week,IFR,1/08:05,1/08:45,021,R,0001,EKKA,1/10:00,1/10:40,022,F,0002,EKSP
AC#1,ET-198,1%,Week,IFR,1/08:05,1/08:45,021,R,0001,EKKA,1/10:00,1/10:40,022,F,0002,EKSP

[/i]5 question: I have changed the Airline name in the aircraft.cfg to" Danish Air Force" but they still call up with their flight number ?? (see below)
my user aircraft uses the "Danish Air Force" as atc_airline call name.
[fltsim.0]
title=HTAI_F16D_RDAF_ET-022
sim=AI Lockheed F-16D
model=fuel
texture=RDAF_ET-022
atc_airline=Danish Air Force
atc_id=ET-022
atc_parking_types=MIL_COMBAT
atc_parking_codes=727E
ui_manufacturer=HTAI
ui_type=F-16D ET-022
ui_variation=RDAF Esk 727, Skrydstrup.ET-022
description=Repaint by Chris A Brown

I know this was many questions, but hopefully somebody will help me here and forgive me for asking so much. ^-^
regards from
Snoopy51
Danish Flightsimmer.
snoopy51
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Newbie in AI traffic, need some help

Postby Jetranger » Tue Mar 10, 2015 6:11 pm

Well, Snoopy,,, heres 1 piece of Ad'vice fer ya , if your using FSX,,,,

so you know, don't put any FS 2004 / A.I. Traffic files into FSX, because if you do, it'll stop all FSX A.I. Traffic.

somewhere on here in this forum I posted an article about that I had found, but I can't remember where it'd be by now.

but keep that in mind - FS 2004 A.I. Traffic files will NOT work in FSX !!! at least without turning off all FSX A.I. Traffic files.
Jetranger
Major
Major

Postby snoopy51 » Wed Mar 11, 2015 5:51 am

Hi, Jetranger
Thanks for your reply, I have also "My trafic 2013" from Aerosoft installed too and I have a lot of all kinds of airtraffic without any problems it works just fine ^-^ , but I need some help on the questions I asked in my post, when I make my own traffic
regards
Snoopy51
snoopy51
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Capt_Cronic » Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:45 am

for formation flying, I use "FS Recorder"
you can record and playback as A.I. traffic
ASUS P8Z77-VLK, I5-3570k @ 4.4ghz, G.SKILL 16gb 1600, GTX 570 2560MB GDDR5, 2x OCZ Vertex 4 128Gb SSD SATA 3,
WD 500GB SATA 3, ASUS DRW-24B1ST SATA 3, OCZ ModXStream Pro 700W Modular, Samsung 52" lcd, Win 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
Capt_Cronic
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby snoopy51 » Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:27 am

[b][/b]Thanks for your reply Capt_Cronic,
That´s not the optmal solution, but can be used, I am very interested to hear, where to put the new changed ADE bgl files, so they override the stock ones in the FSX\scenery\World\scenery files ??
can anyone help me here please :?
regards
Snoopy51
snoopy51
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby pegger » Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:47 am

snoopy51 wrote:... where to put the new changed ADE bgl files, so they override the stock ones in the FSX\scenery\World\scenery files ??

Best bet is to make a scenery library folder and add it that way. It makes it much more tidy than just throwing random files inside the general Addon Scenery folder.
DO NOT BE REPLACING DEFAULT FILES!!!!

Here's how you do it....
1) Create a file for your airport.
2) Inside that folder, create 2 new folders. One named "scenery" and another named "textures"
3) Place your modified airport BGL file inside the "scenery" folder. Also place any object bgl files required for your scenery project inside this folder.
4) Place any textures required for your airport (custom ground poly's for example) and any textures used by the scenery object bgl files inside the "texture" folder.
*****IMPORTANT***** if you are only using default FSX scenery objects, then you do not need to put the bgl or texture files for the default objects inside these two folders.

5) Now place the new folder for your airport (which now contains a "scenery" and "texture" folder with appropriate files sorted into them) into FSX\Addon Scenery.
6) Go into FSX and activate this new scenery library. Now you can turn it on and off as required, and quickly remove the files if there is a problem.

Don't forget in your airport scenery project to create excludes to get rid of default objects as required.

As for AI traffic, I have never even tried messing with that stuff. Can't offer any advice there.
Good luck.
pegger
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby snoopy51 » Sun Mar 22, 2015 6:03 am

Hi pegger
thanks for your reply, (so for my late answer), that´s a good idea to make a new airport folder with my changed ade file inside the scenery folder, I will use that. :D
it seems like not so many work with own made A I flightplans, since nobody have some proposals to my "problems" with A I, I will then myself try to se what happen with different solutions. :think:
regards
snoopy51
snoopy51
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby tgibson » Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:27 pm

Hi,

1st Question: I put my airport files (that don't deserve a separate scenery layer) into the Addon Scenery/scenery folder. This uses the Addon Scenery layer in the Scenery Library. If the airport includes more than just an AFCAD/ADE file, I make a separate scenery layer.

2nd Question: It is possible (sort of); go over to MAIW (Military AI Works) and post your question on their forum (or do a search). For a waypoint you basically create an airport up in the sky and the plane tries and fails to land there, then returns to base.

3rd Question: Arrivals are often hard to see. Make sure the aircrafts' speed listed in the aircraft.txt file (that is used to compile the flight plan) is quite slow, unless your AI program handles that directly (like AIFP does). Keep jets below 300 kts and props below 200.

4th Question: already answered.

5th Question: You would need to download and install EditVoicePack from its web site and create the call sign for "Danish Air Force". You can instead use a generic callsign already included in the voicepack like "Air Force" if you like. Just edit your line to that instead.

Hope this helps,
tgibson
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby snoopy51 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:19 pm

Hi, tgibson
Thanks for your answer on my questions,
Q nr 1, I can see the advantage in putting a new made ADE file in Addon scenery\scenery folder, that will say that it "overrides" the stock ADE file in FSX\scenery folder, am I correct here ? :)
Q nr. 2 I will use making an"airport in the skies as an waypoint :)
Q nr. 3 Will that say that I shall keep the speed below 300/200 kts no matter that the flightplanner will use aircraft cruise speed say 400kts ?
Q nr. 4 know that it is not possible to let aircraft take off in pairs, can live with that, but it was more realistic to take off with a wingman on the side :|
Q nr. 5 I have already installed EditVoicePack and updated it and there is already a call sign "Danish Air Force" which I use for some of my user airplanes, but althrough that I have made the same line in A I aircrafts cfg. file, ATC still calls A I aircraft by using their flight number. :(
Grateful for your answer :)
regards from
snoopy51
snoopy51
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Azframer » Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:36 pm

I am with Capt_Cronic I use FS Recorder to fly formation by myself. It took four flights to get this.

Rick
Attachments
411550_4411433970414_1833371959_o.jpg
411550_4411433970414_1833371959_o.jpg (65.47 KiB) Viewed 4284 times
Azframer
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby garymbuska » Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:50 am

You have to remember that both FSX and FS9 process scenery in a order which is determined by the Scenery cfg file. One nasty habit about about FS is all new scenery is placed at the top of the list which under certain circumstances can present problems, which is why you might find a static airplane in the middle of a hanger or some other building.
Since FS go downs the list processing things from the top to the bottom sometimes you have to change that order for things to get properly placed.
Which means that you might have to make sure the new scenery is the last thing displayed, which is easy to do as long as you make sure to follow the numbering sequence and do not jump form say from 4 to 6 than back to 5 not something you want to do as FS will more than likely crash.
<<s
Gary M Buska
SYSTEM Specs ASUS P8Z68 V/GEN 3 mother board: INTELL I7 2600k 3.48 ghz Quad core CPU with Sandy bridge: 12 Gigs of 1800hz ram:
GTX 950 OVER CLOCKED: 2 Gigs Ram Windows 10 Home 64 bit Operating system. 750W Dedicated modular power supply. Two Internal 1TB hard drives 1 External 1TB 3.2 USB hard drive. SAITEK Cessna flight Yoke with throttles.
CH Rudder Peddles 27 inch Wide screen Monitor
garymbuska
Major
Major

Postby stephan » Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:23 am

I really get a little bit of a guilt trip when I see one ask for help here and I cant offer any. I fly FS9,and haven't the first clue what to do when it comes to helping FSX users.
I just recently had a problem with losing my ai ac upon landing,and figured it out after a while.
I know this isnt helping you,but I wanted to state that my requests for help are often answered,and I am not one to ignore the need for help of others.But,FSX is way out of my range.
I sincerely hope you get your questions answered satisfactorily . I love simming,and it is a royal pain when something pops up that causes me problems.
Here's to wishing you success.
stephan

Return to Adding Aircraft Traffic (AI) & Gates