Tiger's back!

You asked for it. You got it. Sport talk here!

Re: Tiger's back!

Postby Webb » Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:30 pm

Will Tiger Woods play in the Masters?

Tiger Woods played a practice round at Augusta National on Tuesday, fueling speculation that he could make a return to the Masters, which he has won four previous times.

Woods hasn't played since he withdrew at Torrey Pines on Feb. 5 after 11 holes because of a tight back. He never gave an indication when he would return to competitive golf.

Woods played 18 holes on Tuesday, according to his agent, Mark Steinberg of Excel Sports Management.

The Masters will be played April 9-12. Tiger could announce his intentions this week, according to the Associated Press, but unlike regular PGA Tour events, golfers invited to the Masters only have to register before they tee off, so Woods still has time to think about it.
"Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!" - Sen. John Blutarsky

You know, this used to be a helluva good country. I don't understand what's gone wrong with it. - George Hanson, 1969

A bad day at golf is better than a good day at work.

Jim
Webb
Major
Major

Postby Webb » Fri Apr 03, 2015 2:53 pm

Tiger Woods decides to play in the Masters

Tiger Woods announced today that he'll be playing in this year's Masters.

"I'm playing in the Masters," Woods announced on his website Friday afternoon. "It's obviously very important to me, and I want to be there."I've worked a lot on my game and I'm looking forward to competing. I'm excited to get to Augusta and I appreciate everyone's support."

Prior to the Masters Woods will have not played on the PGA Tour for more than two months.
"Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!" - Sen. John Blutarsky

You know, this used to be a helluva good country. I don't understand what's gone wrong with it. - George Hanson, 1969

Jim
Webb
Major
Major

Postby ViperPilot » Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:05 pm

I dunno...

What's this 'getting on the tip toes' move that Tiger's trying to do on his downswing? It looks as if he's trying to 'help' the ball into the air!

When his lower body stays quieter, he definitely makes better contact with the ball.

Here's hoping he makes the cut; methinks the cut line will be +2 or +3, depending on how Jordan Speith finishes.

:whistle:
ViperPilot
Captain
Captain

Postby Webb » Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:07 pm

He made the cut and he's only 12 shots off the lead with 36 holes to go!

Woods optimistic heading into weekend at the Masters

AUGUSTA, Ga. – Finally feeling some positive vibes about his golf game, Tiger Woods is not ready to concede.

Fresh off a 3-under 69 – his first round in the 60s on the PGA TOUR since July 31 of last year – Woods walked off the course Friday at the Masters at 2 under for the tournament … and 12 strokes off the lead held by Jordan Spieth.

History indicates that Woods will not be adding to his major championship total of 14 wins this week. After all, the biggest 36-hole rally in Masters history is eight strokes. But don’t tell Tiger that.

“I’m still right there,” Woods said. “I’m 12 back, but there’s not a lot of guys ahead of me. And with 36 holes here to go, anything can happen, you know? ’96 proved that.”

Ah, 1996. Woods was still an amateur when Nick Faldo rallied from six strokes down to start the final round, taking advantage of Greg Norman’s collapse to win his third Green Jacket.

Jim
Webb
Major
Major

Postby Webb » Sat Apr 11, 2015 6:40 pm

Sunday's lineup at The Masters

Jordan Spieth -16
Justin Rose -12

Phil Mickelson -11
Charley Hoffman -10

Rory McIlroy -6
Tiger Woods -6

Jim
Webb
Major
Major

Postby ViperPilot » Sat Apr 11, 2015 6:48 pm

Jordan sputtered momentarily on 17, but what a great up and down on 18!

What do you think, Jim? The guys who want to contend have made the move; is there room for 'a round for the ages' from Tiger?

Tomorrow will tell all. :think:
ViperPilot
Captain
Captain

Postby Webb » Sat Apr 11, 2015 7:32 pm

I thought for sure Spieth was going to bogey 18 and make it a little more challenging but he really pulled that one out of his butt. The tournament is his to win or lose.

If he has a bad day Rose, Mickelson and Hoffman have a chance but Rory and Tiger are too far back and have too many players ahead of them to make much of an impact.

Jim
Webb
Major
Major

Postby Webb » Sun Apr 12, 2015 5:59 pm

Final score

Jordan Spieth -18 (Ties Tiger's 1997 record)
Phil Mickelson -14
Justin Rose -14
Rory McIlroy -12

Tiger Woods -5

Jim
Webb
Major
Major

Postby ViperPilot » Sun Apr 12, 2015 6:13 pm

A Masters Tournament for the ages; whether the contenders were charging or faltering, Jordan Speith kept his head, and played his game.
ViperPilot
Captain
Captain

Postby Webb » Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:54 pm

Woods commits to PLAYERS Championship

Tiger Woods committed to THE PLAYERS Championship (May 7-10) on Friday. It will be his first appearance at TPC Sawgrass' PLAYERS Stadium Course since his victory in 2013. He was unable to defend his title because of back surgery.

THE PLAYERS will be Woods' first start since the Masters, where he finished T17 at 5-under 283 (73-69-68-73), 13 shots behind winner Jordan Spieth. Woods was tied for fifth after 54 holes at Augusta National ...

Jack Nicklaus said earlier this week that Woods told him he would play the Memorial Tournament presented by Nationwide Insurance on June 4-7 ...

Jim
Webb
Major
Major

Postby U4EA » Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:55 pm

My interest in his return is, if conditions warrant, leans toward Lindsey being as good of a shot with a 9-iron toss through the back window of an SUV as whats-her-face was. :think:

But that's just me. <<t
I love the smell of radials in the morning!
U4EA
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Webb » Sun May 03, 2015 3:04 pm

Lindsey Vonn

After nearly three years together, Tiger and I have mutually decided to end our relationship. I will always cherish the memories that we've created together. Unfortunately, we both lead incredibly hectic lives that force us to spend a majority of our time apart. I will always admire and respect Tiger. He and his beautiful family will always hold a special place in my heart.

Tiger Woods

"Lindsey and I have mutually decided to stop dating," said Tiger Woods.

"I have great admiration, respect and love for Lindsey and I'll always cherish our time together. She has been amazing with Sam and Charlie and my entire family.

"Unfortunately, we lead very hectic lives and are both competing in demanding sports. It's difficult to spend time together."

Jim
Webb
Major
Major

Postby Webb » Wed May 13, 2015 10:11 pm

Sex addict Tiger Woods CHEATED on ex-girlfriend Lindsey Vonn - the real reason they split

The only career this guy has left is tabloid fodder.

When Tiger Woods and Lindsey Vonn split over a week ago, the Olympic skiier posted on Facebook the explanation that 'both lead incredibly hectic lives that force us to spend a majority of our time apart.'

Daily Mail Online can now exclusively reveal that during one of those 'times apart' Tiger cheated on Lindsey - with a 'faceless, nameless woman', a friend reveals.

'He had a relapse in the sex department,' a close friend reveals to Daily Mail Online. 'Lindsey found out about women again. Always while he's on the road. Just like when he was with Elin.'

It was after Tiger was eliminated from the San Diego-based Farmers Insurance Open in February, somewhere near his old stomping grounds in Southern California, that Tiger had a one night stand, the friend divulged ...

Jim
Webb
Major
Major

Re: Tiger's back, but his front is occupied!

Postby U4EA » Sun May 17, 2015 5:36 pm

OMG! Color me like uber-shocked! Tiger a serial cheater?

No way!!! <<t
I love the smell of radials in the morning!
U4EA
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Webb » Sat Jun 06, 2015 1:51 pm

Jim
Webb
Major
Major

PreviousNext

Return to Sport