Motorcyclists Corner.....

With a lot of interest in Auto's here, only wingless machines please!

Re: Motorcyclists Corner.....

Postby Fozzer » Mon Apr 06, 2015 2:19 pm

Easter Sunday.....

What shall I do today?....

Sun shining, clear blue sky, no wind....

What about a Bike ride to Abergavenny to meet up with more of my Biking Chums!.... :dance: ...!

Weather a bit cold, 5-8 Degrees C, so Winter woollies on, (vest and pants), and my leathers donned.
Petrol in the tank, tyres pumped up to correct pressure, (makes a big difference!), luggage packed, (sandwiches, cake, drinks, etc), and off to go!
Arrived at Abergavenny to spot zillions of Bikes and Bikers there!
Parked my trusty steed up, wandered around to admire the vast collection on display!

some photos...>>>

Monster Machines! Honda Gold Wing Trikes!

Left Abergavenny and made my way to the Royal Forest Of Dean, (Gloucestershire), to visit some of my family, and be treated to a FAB Sunday dinner.
Made my way back home again before it got dark, (a very cold trip!).
Very grateful that my Central Heating was on to defrost me!
A Fish and Chip Supper, and reminisce over my 100 mile round-trip on my little Yamaha 2-stroke!
...she didn't miss a beat...bless her cotton socks!

Paul...weather slowly getting gradually warmer... (Spring)....thank goodness!.... :D ...!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Anthindelahunt » Mon Apr 06, 2015 3:53 pm

Wow.Did not know that there was such a thing as
a Gold Wing trike.Nice pics btw.

Thanks for showing Fozzer.Makes me wish I still had a bike.

Regards.

Anthin. :mrgreen:
Anthindelahunt
Major
Major

Postby Anthindelahunt » Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:02 pm

Hey Fozzer.It would be great if you could post shots
of the countryside you visit.

Regards.

Anthindelahunt
Major
Major

Postby Fozzer » Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:52 am

Anthindelahunt wrote:Hey Fozzer.It would be great if you could post shots
of the countryside you visit.

Regards.

Hello Anthin...!

That thought crosses my mind every time I wheel my bike out!

'Trubble is, once I get going, I don't want to stop to take photographs..... :doh: ...!

But....I am seriously thinking of getting a sports Cam to clip onto my Bike, or my helmet, or a chest harness, to take continuous Videos of my journey, from where I can pick individual shots to post!
This is what is on my mind, the Sports HD SJ4000 cam. Looks exactly like and performs the same as the Go Pro, but at a fraction of the price of a Go Pro Hero 3/4....>>>>

http://www.amazon.co.uk/SJCAM-Multi-fun ... rds=sj4000

Cost: £40-50!

I like the the idea of the removable Camera, and removable battery, and the LCD screen on the back to view the scene, compared to the Go Pro Hero 1 costing twice as much!
..and the performance is comparable to the Go Pro Hero 3 and 4 costing £200 - 400!

The Sports Cams are popular on You-Tube...especially the Bike rides and the Aeroplane rides, for me!

So there you go...time to pop into town and purchase a SJ 4000 Sports Cam..... :dance: ...!

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=SJ4000

...and a fitting and riding example for the SJ 4000....>>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83HxtK-6UXg

Paul....another Sunny day on the way, today!....

Choices: Mow the lawn, or go for a Bike ride?.... ;) ...!

No contest, really!... :lol: ...!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Tug002 » Tue Apr 07, 2015 4:38 am

Great pictures Fozzer, I have my bike ready now but no rideing for me for a while as we just got an inch of snow yesterday :x Oh yes, and I said an inch as I know you dont like metric :D Looking forward to the video of your countryside runs :D

Keep smiling
Tug :)
Tug002
Captain
Captain

Postby Fozzer » Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:34 am

Tug002 wrote:Great pictures Fozzer, I have my bike ready now but no rideing for me for a while as we just got an inch of snow yesterday :x Oh yes, and I said an inch as I know you dont like metric :D Looking forward to the video of your countryside runs :D

Keep smiling

No choice for me Tug!

After 65 Years of daily biking, and parking my car up for good in 1990, my Bikes are my only means of daily transport now....

...come rain or shine!

(You can see why I pray for; "nice weather")... ;) ...!

No body rot or rust, (including my bike!), of failed vehicle checks, or parking charges, etc...etc........I just get wet and cold, with a fixed/forced grin on my face!.... :lol: ....!

Just ordered my new SJ Cam; HD SJ4000 from Amazon: £38.89 + delivery.

...just need to join You-Tube now, to post some videos?.... :think: ...!

Paul.... :mrgreen: ...!

Clear blue sky, sun, no wind, 15*C, very high pressure...looking good!
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Anthindelahunt » Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:05 pm

Hi Fozzer.Really looking forward to your videos and stills.
We have not seen any pics of your dinners for a while.

Wishing you good weather so you can riding again.

Anthin. :mrgreen: :dance:
Anthindelahunt
Major
Major

Postby Fozzer » Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:21 pm

Anthindelahunt wrote:Hi Fozzer.Really looking forward to your videos and stills.
We have not seen any pics of your dinners for a while.

Wishing you good weather so you can riding again.

Anthin. :mrgreen: :dance:

Sorry about the missing Dinner photo's , Anthin.... :( ....

..'trubble is, I'm addicted to eating them!....(The dinners, not the Photo's).... :dance: ...!

Sport Camera ordered.....on its way from China.....via Seagull Post.... :whistle: ....!

Paul..... :lol: ...!
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Anthindelahunt » Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:31 pm

It will be great to see the countryside in Hereford Fozzer.

Regards.

Anthin. :clap:
Anthindelahunt
Major
Major

Postby Fozzer » Thu May 07, 2015 3:08 pm

Well chums.... :D ....

My fantastic Sport Camera arrived safely all the way from the Land of the East.

http://www.sjcam.com/cameras/9-sj4000-f ... t-dvr.html

Last Bank Holiday Monday was a nice warm(ish) day for a change, with no wind or rain forecast...

..so I packed up all my gear into my throw-over Saddle Bags (with the obligatory studs), and made the 32 mile journey from Hereford to Abergavenny in Wales to meet up with all the fellow bikers!
I attached the camera to my new Chest Harness and set it to "Record"!

I recorded the whole journey through the English Countryside.

13 recorded clips totalling 40 minutes for the complete ride.... :dance: ...!

It all went fine, and I edited them with MS Movie Maker and stored them on the; "Dropbox" Web Site.

They all appeared fine until Dropbox e-mailed me to tell me that the total collection of clips was too large a Mega-Byte size....so I had to delete them all from the Site storage!

...buggar!

I have them all saved on my HDD, but they can only be stored (and downloaded), via Dropbox, in very small, individual clips which spoils the whole scenery tour experience!

It appears that "Videos", because of their large upload/download size, are severely restricted as to where they can be stored on a (free) Hosting Site.

Unless I can find another free "storage site" I may be limited to using You-Tube for storage?

Any ideas Chums...a free storage site for large(ish) videos totalling 10-15 max minutes of continuous viewing?

All I could manage was a "still" from the Video showing a group of Harley's parked up at the meet!

Making the Videos is no problem, finding a free, private Storage Site, to store them on-line, for subsequent viewing, is the problem!

Its also going to be a problem condensing the file sizes to make them suitable for general viewing!

Still experimenting in the Dark Room!

Paul.....Smile please!.... :D ...!
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Fozzer » Sun May 10, 2015 5:12 am

Wheeled my trusty steed out onto the road this morning to to do some Sunday shopping at the Supermarket, only to find that my battery was completely flat, due to having left the parking light switched on all night!.... :oops: ....!

Not to worry...no problemo!.... ;) ...!

The joys of having a (classic) motorcycle equipped with a venerable ; "Kickstarter"..... :dance: ...!

(You don't get them fitted any more!)!... :cry: ...!

One swift kick...and off we go!
...there's nothing worse than pressing a; "Start-button"....and nothing happens!.... :twisted: ...!

(Remember that motor cars were fitted with; "Starting Handles", long, long ago!).... :clap: ...!

Shoppin' done...back home again, and a pat on the tank for my trusty Yamaha steed, fitted with a; "Kickstarter".... :lol: ...!

...anywho....

...anyone fancy watching a short clip from my 40 minute video of my bike trip from England into the Wales, to join up with fellow bikers at Abergavenny?...>>>

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xrlh6no3ls7sb ... 1.mp4?dl=0

Run it via your favourite Media Player for best results...(Windows Media Player?).

Give me a shout back if it works OK...still experimenting with videos. (Steven Spielberg has better luck...apparently!)... :roll: ....!

Cheers, Chums!

P.S...too windy, cold, and miserable for a ride-out today...So its exploring at altitude today (FS), instead of at ground level!.... :cry: ...!
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Tug002 » Sun May 10, 2015 6:48 am

Hey there Fozzer, just watched your video and it was "GREAT" :D I love the countryside that you are driving through. It looked like some guy in a silver car nearly had a head on with another car at the begining of the video. Was it that close or was it just looking that way? Oh yes, I have to say that it sort of freaked me out at first seeing you on the left side of the road till I got used of it :shock: Cant wait to see more video's of your trips. Thanks for taking the time to do one up. :clap:

Keep smiling
Tug002
Captain
Captain

Postby Fozzer » Sun May 10, 2015 10:28 am

Tug002 wrote:Hey there Fozzer, just watched your video and it was "GREAT" :D I love the countryside that you are driving through. It looked like some guy in a silver car nearly had a head on with another car at the begining of the video. Was it that close or was it just looking that way? Oh yes, I have to say that it sort of freaked me out at first seeing you on the left side of the road till I got used of it :shock: Cant wait to see more video's of your trips. Thanks for taking the time to do one up. :clap:

Keep smiling

Many thanks for the feedback, Tug!

We can never be quite sure that our experiments are working!

I did do a spoken documentary during the trip, but with an enclosed, waterproof camera, with a in-built microphone, it didn't pick up the speech very well.....and, of course, it adds wind noise, to drown out the speech on a Bike!
Without some extra audio equipment being carried, I am restricted to adding "text" to the finished video.

It all seems to be working quite well apart from the fact that I am restricted to storing a max of 2GB on the hosting Site (Dropbox), which severely limits the length of my videos, and the amount of space I can keep on the Site!
Video files take up an enormous amount of space!
What worries me is, if I have to delete some files to make space, the missing files will result in a "dead link" to the ones that I have already published!
Maybe the same storage problem doesn't occur on You-Tube?...any ideas Chums?
I am using "Dropbox" at the moment, to make my videos private amongst friends and family only, to exclude the naff comments from the usual You-Tube riff-raff!

I just need to find some nice, free music, to add to the tracks now!

This "videoing stuff" is loads of fun!

Paul....more stuff later.... :D ...!
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Steve M » Sun May 10, 2015 5:33 pm

love that video fozz, I saw some interesting scenery along the way. Well done for a first stab at it. :!:
Steve M
Major
Major

Postby Fozzer » Mon May 11, 2015 2:04 am

Steve M wrote:love that video fozz, I saw some interesting scenery along the way. Well done for a first stab at it. :!:

Many thanks, Steve... :D ...!

I think what I must do, is to video some road trips to some interesting scenery locations, then stop, and pan around, and add some text to the finished video to describe the journey and the scenery.....
(I may include some Motor Bikes, as well)... ;) ...

....just like they do on the 'Tele!... :lol: .... :lol: ...!

It is lots of fun, in the same way that enthusiasts do on You-Tube!

I still need to know the advantages, and disadvantages, of storing videos on the "You-Tube" Site...(storage capacity, etc)?
My "Dropbox" storage allowance is almost full now!... :( ...!
Does anyone here use "You-Tube" for storing their Flight Sim, etc, Videos?...maybe give me some advice?

Pretty naff weather over here in England at the moment, so I'm waiting for some nice, warm, sunny, clear skies, weather to get out and about on the road with my trusty motor bike and video camera!

Many thanks, Folks!

P.S. Next on my shopping list is one of those telescopic; "Selfie-poles", (with the camera on the end), to make videos at different interesting angles!
Example: ...>>> http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/?ie=UTF8&keyw ... e8njfv8m_e

...interesting for videoing small animals, creatures, etc, at ground level!... :D ...!
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

PreviousNext

Return to Autos