My New FSX Freeware Project

Anything to do with Aircraft Design, FSDS, G Max, Aircraft Animator, SDL Edit, etc. Novice or skilled - stop here & learn!

My New FSX Freeware Project

Postby Krispy1001 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:55 pm

Hi Everyone! (This Thread has moved from FSX)

I am Krispy1001!

I just released my first FSX Freeware aircraft last week. If anyone is interested in trying it you can download it from this link from this website. https://simviation.com/1/search?submit=1&keywords=Jodel+D112&x=0&y=0 . The name of the plane is Jodel D112. It has a complete VC and 3D gauges.

If there are any new Blender modelers here they can download my full Jodel Blender Project at the following link. I have released it so that new Blender modelers can use it as a learning tool. http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/resources/categories/aircraft-design.2/ . The project name is Jodel Blender Project.

I am starting a new FSX (Freeware) project. I am modeling the BMW Schnellbomber I.

Here is a picture of what I have done so far.

Thanks Krispy1001 ^-^
Living By Faith

Philippians 4:6

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell GOD what you need, and thank him for all he has done.(NLT)
Krispy1001
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: My New FSX Freeware Project

Postby Krispy1001 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:23 am

Hi Everyone!

I am going to be putting this project on hold for awhile. I will be starting an aircraft requested by tomvaillencourt.

Thank you, Krispy1001 ^-^
Krispy1001
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby B0ikat » Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:53 pm

Thank YOU, Krispy1001!! I've been interested in using Blender for a while, and you vids are a great help. Thanks much!
B0ikat
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby Krispy1001 » Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:06 pm

B0ikat wrote:Thank YOU, Krispy1001!! I've been interested in using Blender for a while, and you vids are a great help. Thanks much!

Hi B0ikat!

You are very welcome!

And Happy Blendering! ^-^
Living By Faith

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell GOD what you need, and thank him for all he has done.(NLT)
Krispy1001
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby B0ikat » Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:58 pm

First, I have to get past the part where I install the "Blender2FSX" tool. Is there a certain place I need to install Blender, other than the default? Currently, it is in C/programs/blender foundation/Blender. When I run the install, I get:

"Failed to find correct location for the scripts !!!

Press any key to continue..."

Apparently, simply copying and pasting the five ".py" files into the "templates_py" folder does not work. :think:
B0ikat
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby B0ikat » Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:47 pm

Found first "May be a problem". My blender was 2.68. Downloading 2.73a.
B0ikat
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby B0ikat » Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:30 pm

Blender2FSX still does not seem to want t install correctly. Vexing.
B0ikat
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby Krispy1001 » Fri Mar 06, 2015 6:50 pm

B0ikat wrote:Blender2FSX still does not seem to want t install correctly. Vexing.

Hi B0ikat!

Sorry I did not see your post sooner.

Here is where you need to past the Blender2FSX files if you did a default 64Bit install of Blender.

C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.73\scripts\addons

Here is where you need to past the Bender2FSX files if you did a default 32Bit install of Blender

C:\Program Files (x86)\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.73\scripts\addons

All you need to do is past the Blender2FSX files and folders into the addons folder. Remember to change the \2.73\ to the version of Blender that you are using.

I hope this helps.

Kris ^-^
Living By Faith

Krispy1001
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby B0ikat » Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:31 pm

Thanks. I tried again, and pasted the files into the directory you mentioned for Win7, 64 bit. Still no-go.
These are the files in the Blender2FSX:

Blender2FSX html
FSXexport.py
FSXGUID.py
FSXHelp.py
FSXImport.py
FSXLODs.py
Install windows command.

I copied the "*".py's and pasted them into the directory, as instructed, :

...not at " "C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.72\scripts\addons" as directed at the site below.

But when I go through the activation process I found here:

http://www.fsdeveloper.com/wiki/index.p ... set_manual

I'm not finding any of the FSX scripts in the "Test" window when I click the "Install from file", it still doesn't seem to be cooperating.

I'm still baffled. :?
B0ikat
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby Krispy1001 » Sat Mar 07, 2015 1:50 pm

B0ikat wrote:Thanks. I tried again, and pasted the files into the directory you mentioned for Win7, 64 bit. Still no-go.
These are the files in the Blender2FSX:

Blender2FSX html
FSXexport.py
FSXGUID.py
FSXHelp.py
FSXImport.py
FSXLODs.py
Install windows command.

I copied the "*".py's and pasted them into the directory, as instructed, :

...not at " "C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.72\scripts\addons" as directed at the site below.

But when I go through the activation process I found here:

http://www.fsdeveloper.com/wiki/index.p ... set_manual

I'm not finding any of the FSX scripts in the "Test" window when I click the "Install from file", it still doesn't seem to be cooperating.

I'm still baffled. :?

Hi B0ikat!

The files that you listed for Blender2FSX are not the correct files. There should be 2 files and 1 folder. The names of the files should be FSX_Material.py and FSX_Toolset.py, the folder's name should be io_scene_fsx. These are the only files that should be pasted into your Blender add-on folder.

I am not sure that you have downloaded the correct files. So to make sure that you have the correct files please click on the link below to go to FSDeveloper.com and down load the correct file.

http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/blender-to-fsx-toolset.428090/

Here is the file that I would download. Make sure to scroll down the thread until you see the files to download.

This should fix your problem.

Thanks, Kris ^-^
Living By Faith

Krispy1001
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby B0ikat » Sat Mar 07, 2015 2:50 pm

Thanks! It always helps to have the right hammer in the toolbox! :mrgreen:

The only difference is that it seems to have added the three FSX tools in a new tab on the left tool bar instead of in the "Tools" tab. I don't think that's a problem, though.
B0ikat
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby Krispy1001 » Sat Mar 07, 2015 6:30 pm

B0ikat wrote:Thanks! It always helps to have the right hammer in the toolbox! :mrgreen:

The only difference is that it seems to have added the three FSX tools in a new tab on the left tool bar instead of in the "Tools" tab. I don't think that's a problem, though.

Hi B0ikat!

I am happy that you got it working!

Kris ^-^
Living By Faith

Krispy1001
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby B0ikat » Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:49 pm

Still stalled.

I downloaded a few ready-made blender files just to piddle with, and tried to export a model to a folder as you explained in your vids (Excellent instructions, BTW!) I get an ".X" file and an".xanim", but no ".mdl". and an "error":

"So close, and yet so far...."
B0ikat
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby Krispy1001 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:21 pm

B0ikat wrote:Still stalled.
I downloaded a few ready-made blender files just to piddle with, and tried to export a model to a folder as you explained in your vids (Excellent instructions, BTW!) I get an ".X" file and an".xanim", but no ".mdl". and an "error":
"So close, and yet so far...."

Hi B0ikat!

I am not sure why you are getting that error. The only thing that I can think of is that the file that you are opening has a custom animation and it is missing in your modeldef file. Do you get the same error if you make a test file and try exporting it?

If you would like you can send me the file that you are getting that error and I will look at it for you. Please make a zip file I can not open rar files.

My e-mail address is krispy1001@kp-coolstuff.com

Thanks, Kris
Living By Faith

Krispy1001
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby B0ikat » Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:21 pm

Email sent. As far as I know, the model had no animations. Meanwhile, I'll start with your tutorial "Test Plane", and see what happens.

Thanks again, and the Ultra light looks awesome!
B0ikat
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Next

Return to Aircraft & 3D Design